slickgadawg

Do the Jets have anything the Falcons could use on defense?

68 posts in this topic

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Yes sir.

Dont think the OP has surveyed the landscape well enough in this thread lol.

well he did admit he was delirious. Which isn't all that far from delusional, which isn't all that far from confused, soooooo.......yeah........:ninja:

kiwifalcon likes this

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

All Alford did was rank 6th in the NFL in passes defensed in the regular season... I know THAT... 

Image result for ROBERT ALFORD GIF

I've never been more excited after a play in my life... Crazy how much it now hurts to watch 

...... Anyways, Tru is better than Alford. But I do like it when people develop their own opinions. 

Trufant is good but not great.  He is a reliable corner, not a game changer. I would trade him seeing we did very well with out him .

Of course it's typical for falcon fans to hype up medicore talent into the greatest ever

Edited by R_The_Great

7 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Alford is their best corner...  If the Falcons keep Trufant, i guarantee you that teams are gonna go AWAY from Alford's side and expose Trufant next season...

Because before Tru went down they were throwing to his side all the time...

1 hour ago, R_The_Great said:

Trufant is good but not great.  He is a reliable corner, not a game changer. I would trade him seeing we did very well with out him .

Of course it's typical for falcon fans to hype up medicore talent into the greatest ever

We shouldn't stick for "fine without Trufant." The team should have a mentality of "Trufant can make this up and  coming defense scary."

7 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Folks can sugar coat this all they want, but Vic needs help on that dline. It doesnt matter what Alford and Trufant do back there, they cant cover forever. Vic cant be the only one getting the rush... They need help up front...

So they are doomed at the D line unless they trade Trufant? Pretty illogical stuff right here 

kiwifalcon likes this

4 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Brah, i done watched more football than... Look, let me break down the nuance for you. Teams go AWAY from the number one corner. I get that. They will have a nice run and become a number one, teams go away from them, and never go back to see what they got. That means the number one hasnt had to keep proving himself over and over. Corners like Alford, they get attacked EVERY GAME, most of the game. Alford can stand up. THATS MY POINT. Ive seen Trufant get beat when teams go his way. They dont test him enough.  Ive got my suspicions about whether Trufant is REALLY as good as Alford.

I remember when Nnamdi Asomugha was all the rage as a number one corner. They stopped testing him in Oakland. When he went to Philly, they tested him:

Image result for nnamdi asomugha vs julio jones gif

Really?! Asomugha got beat by the best receiver in the NFL, and that is your proof? Sorry, but if he were getting beat by Rod Streeter or some other scrub then your argument would carry some weight. That's like saying Patrick Peterson is a garbage Corner cause JJ torched him. 

I'd entertain a trade with the Jets as long as we get Muhammad Wilkerson AND Leonard Williams in return.  Outside of that, not interested

trade Trufant for #6 and Sheldon Richardson. Package #6, #31, and a 2018 1st for #1. Draft Myles Garrett. Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

But see he's better than a mediocre talent though at his best he's top 10 in the league at his position.

Mediocre is someone whose rated like 30th best or something.

Trufant upto his injury has been the best Falcons defensive player for the last 2 seasons.

Alford has better ball skills than Trufant, this is true.  But to suggest Alford is a better overall corner is simply lying to yourself. 

Our passing defense was ranked 28th in the league last year, and you want to trade away Trufant?

2 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

I'm sorry, but YOU of all people typing that out after your man crush/love affair with James Stone is absofreakinglutely one of the funniest dang bits of hypocrisy I've EVER seen on here and I've been here since the days when Cornelius Bennett was a Falcon.

and the absolute greatest part of it is James Stone wasn't even MEDIOCRE talent, he'd have had to improve by leaps and bounds to get UP to mediocre level. 

dirtybird2k5 and kiwifalcon like this

9 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Folks can sugar coat this all they want, but Vic needs help on that dline. It doesnt matter what Alford and Trufant do back there, they cant cover forever. Vic cant be the only one getting the rush... They need help up front...

Please remind me of the time Vic sacked Brady 5 times in the SB by himself.

10 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

With this Revis thing going on, the Jets WILL be looking for another cornerback. What can the Falcons trade Trufant to the Jets for?  What is Trufant's value on the open market?  This will get interesting with the Jets holding the 6th pick... A lot of questions, but this is a real situation for the Jets right now...

First : "Why do you think all the sudden that Trufant go injured that he is a liability forever because of getting injured?". You do realize he is young and will heal don't you? 

Second : "Why would the Falcons want to focus their attention on a team that is obviously filled with scrubs and high contract players who just want to get paid?". 

Thiird : "Jets? Are you kidding me? JETS? I mean really JETS?????? Yeah, J E T S JETS COUGH COUGH JETS JETS JETS?"....... 

No offense meant and apologies in advance, but what about some better FA's from other teams? 

It's not about THE BIG NAME SIGNING, and it is NOT ABOUT THE SPLASH PLAYER where the Falcons Current STATE is at : LOOK : It is about "Who can help or contribute to the FALCONS TEAM". By that I mean they don't need someone in to come in and be a ONE PLAYER SAVE THE DAY PLAYER, they just need players who can contribute. 

Just my opinion...... And in all honesty where Revis goes, I think the man got charged wrong. He went to a property according to the media that he had invested after 2am in the morning because he's famous and didn't want to be bothered and two A-holes showed up with a camera phone harassing him so he knocked them the **** OUT! At least that is what I have heard from reading about the situation. Not FACT. But I would not blame the man at all for taking action against those people just looking for a reason to SUE somebody for money IF THAT IS THE CASE. 

As for signing REVIS, for what he's getting under contract : HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As for picking him up on the cheap, actually and honestly : NO!!!!!!!!  Falcons have great things going on where their player roster goes. You build on it, not go back or roll back. 

Just my opinion : FLAME AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

It's funny how "Revis Island" has gone from a place you never want to visit into something more like a "Resort" now.  As for trading away Trufant, heII no!  As good as he is with Alford and now with an improved an better experienced Collins in the fold, the Falcons now hold a 'scary secondary' that could start providing more coverage sacks. We won't need a Wilkerson or even a Williams (in a trade) to get to the QB now.  Just score a couple of more DL's in the draft and sign a FA OG and we're in business.. BIG BUSINESS!!

falconsd56 likes this

4 hours ago, Alomar said:

Really?! Asomugha got beat by the best receiver in the NFL, and that is your proof? Sorry, but if he were getting beat by Rod Streeter or some other scrub then your argument would carry some weight. That's like saying Patrick Peterson is a garbage Corner cause JJ torched him. 

Man, Nnamdi was getting toasted EVERY game, stop...:lol:

if you're the Jets and ur main goal is a corner, you hope lattimore drops to ur pick, then try to trade a 2018 pick as a last resort. We ain't getting in the top 10 with Trufant.