FentayeJones

On the bubble: NFC players who could be released

56 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

if for some reason we sign AP (which I doubt) that means your boy Freeman is shipped off to Frisco for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. There is no way in heck we could spread the carries around enough to keep all 3 satisfied. AP, when healthy, needs those 20 carries a game.

The more logical move is draft a power back in late rounds that can be groomed to tandem with either TECO or Freeman long term and maybe steal a few carries

Well, I'm pretty sure we will not get AP,, But if by some odd reason we did,, You can count on it,, Freeman would be going nowhere, But I'm pretty sure we don't get AP anyway,, That's OK,, Id love to get Perine in the Draft which I have in my mock Draft.

Just now, Draftnut57 said:

Well, I'm pretty sure we will not get AP,, But if by some odd reason we did,, You can count on it,, Freeman would be going nowhere, But I'm pretty sure we don't get AP anyway,, That's OK,, Id love to get Perine in the Draft which I have in my mock Draft.

I like Perine, too. I mocked him as well. I think Freeman's future depends on a couple of things:

1) contract demands. I doubt that we overpay

2) Is he ok with sharing carries.

We all heard his agent; but it'll be interesting to see. No disrespect to Freeman, but I think he benefitted mostly from the system and he lacks breakaway speed and is not an elite back. Great vision, ok power, great hands...but, again, I think we could find a replacement. I'd actually rather have a tandem of TeCo and Perine. Two very different backs to hit the defense with. You aint arm tackling Perine and he would definitely help wear down defenses and kill time. Something that we struggle with, the Super Bowl being a great example of this.

2 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I like Perine, too. I mocked him as well. I think Freeman's future depends on a couple of things:

1) contract demands. I doubt that we overpay

2) Is he ok with sharing carries.

We all heard his agent; but it'll be interesting to see. No disrespect to Freeman, but I think he benefitted mostly from the system and he lacks breakaway speed and is not an elite back. Great vision, ok power, great hands...but, again, I think we could find a replacement. I'd actually rather have a tandem of TeCo and Perine. Two very different backs to hit the defense with. You aint arm tackling Perine and he would definitely help wear down defenses and kill time. Something that we struggle with, the Super Bowl being a great example of this.

I guess I'd have to say,, Freeman is my favorite player on the team. . I'm a huge JJ fan also, but not so much because of his Superman abilities,, But because I love his attitude.. same for Freeman...  I appreciate their workman type personality and being team players instead of  a "Me Me player.."

4 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

I guess I'd have to say,, Freeman is my favorite player on the team. . I'm a huge JJ fan also, but not so much because of his Superman abilities,, But because I love his attitude.. same for Freeman...  I appreciate their workman type personality and being team players instead of  a "Me Me player.."

if you like guys who aren't "me me" types, then you might want to reconsider your Freeman love. Wasn't he the guy whose agent was squawking about "getting paid" and "I'm an elite back and should be the focal point of the offense" during the super bowl?

Not very workman like.

2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

if you like guys who aren't "me me" types, then you might want to reconsider your Freeman love. Wasn't he the guy whose agent was squawking about "getting paid" and "I'm an elite back and should be the focal point of the offense" during the super bowl?

Not very workman like.

Bro that was all his agent who apparently was a family member or someone very close.I don't think that's in Freemans MO man the kid is grounded.Agree timing was lousy but I still wouldn't let Freeman walk and I think common sense prevails.

8 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Not very workman like.

Every player tries to get paid as much as he can.. how can you blame him for that.. they all try to get what they can.. Freeman is as good as it gets when it comes to attitude.. He has an awesome attitude and He's a great player. You want find one better,, If you ask his team mates and all the coaches,,.. I guaranty you that's what they would tell you.. I totally disagree with you saying he's a me me player.. Simply Not true.