Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Draftnut57

Draftnut57s 2017 Mock Draft

36 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Nobody knows where any of the players will go,, but as of right now.. all these players in my mock are ranked below our picks... Could change today, but right now they are below each pick.. 

true, true. Almost combine time-thank god!

Like I said, I wouldn't mind a draft like you mocked

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:18 PM, Kayoh said:

Perine is a freaky guy. He's like a Michael Turner type but stronger. 5'10 235 and fast.

yeah, he is. I think he'd fit very well as Sarkisan puts his mark on the offense. I'm dead serious when I say i'd either move Freeman for a pick, or just let him play out his contract and walk. Get a guy like Perine or Williams (from BYU) and you just added a different dynamic to this offense--ability to inflict punishment on the defense...that'll make Coleman, who runs a bit violent himself, even more effective with his speed

2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

yeah, he is. I think he'd fit very well as Sarkisan puts his mark on the offense. I'm dead serious when I say i'd either move Freeman for a pick, or just let him play out his contract and walk. Get a guy like Perine or Williams (from BYU) and you just added a different dynamic to this offense--ability to inflict punishment on the defense...that'll make Coleman, who runs a bit violent himself, even more effective with his speed

Ouch!!! That hurts man! Freeman is my favorite player on the team ,, for real. It would really really hurt to lose him,, But??? Aint gonna happen,, No Way ,, will never happen, TD and Quinn to smart for that :slick:

MSalmon likes this

Just now, Draftnut57 said:

Ouch!!! That hurts man! Freeman is my favorite player on the team ,, for real. It would really really hurt to lose him,, But??? Aint gonna happen,, No Way ,, will never happen, TD and Quinn to smart for that :slick:

ha ha i'd like him to stay, but we'll have to see what his contract demands are.. His agent yakking was weird during SB week.

Draftnut57 likes this

It's such a weird conundrum with Freeman because it seems like he's a guy who's really good for the locker room, but at the same time if you just look at on-field ability he's EASILY the more replaceable of our two RBs. I love the dude but he doesn't have breakaway speed, he doesn't break a ton of tackles, and he gets tackled in the backfield way too often. Coleman is bigger, significantly faster, just as effective as a pass catcher, and has a far more impressive pedigree.

MSalmon likes this

5 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Sorry bro I can't break up the best 1-2 punch in the mouth in the NFL,can't do it bro.Perine would be a luxury pick for us at this point.I think it's a common misnomer in the off season to spread our resourcing to thin.You like to think you can add talent all over the shop but in all essence your only really fixing 2-3 spots max everything else is depth.

mlibid likes this

13 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Im headed to help my sister, then go digging ... Searching for Civil War relics and old coins... TTYL.... 

Hey,, Had a good find today,, Found a 1909-O Barber Quarter.. Worth $180.00 and if it hadn't of had a scratch on the front on the nose.. It would have been worth $360.00 :doh:

On 2/18/2017 at 9:23 AM, MSalmon said:

Harris would be great value if he falls. But, i'm not sure where he'll go in first until after combine. Either way, I like the EDGE pick. Lamb is a very interesting OG pick. Williams is a nice pick. He's less EDGE and more Campbell-like in his ability. Has some pass rush skills, but is probably a traditional LB--WLB in our scheme and maybe some Strongside. But it's an ok pick.

Jones should be long gone by the 4th; but i'd pick Perine in the fourth...solid pick. Could be a Turner-like guy who could let us pass on paying Freeman a huge contract.

I have no idea what you were thinking on Sharpe. He's awfully slow and i'm not sure that he has a NFL future.

Not bad, Nut.

Well, after the combines, ,I may feel like it's not a very good Mock,, right now I do.. But it's amazing what you can learn from the combines.. it really does show up on the field.. Best example,, would be Julio Jones. after I watched him Broad Jump 11 feet with a broke foot,, I thought man this guy is some more freak of nature... I truly could not believe it when we traded up to get him .Talk about bouncing off the ceiling and floor.. I was ecstatic. 

MSalmon likes this

6 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, after the combines, ,I may feel like it's not a very good Mock,, right now I do.. But it's amazing what you can learn from the combines.. it really does show up on the field.. Best example,, would be Julio Jones. after I watched him Broad Jump 11 feet with a broke foot,, I thought man this guy is some more freak of nature... I truly could not believe it when we traded up to get him .Talk about bouncing off the ceiling and floor.. I was ecstatic. 

Ditto, draft. Can't wait for combine:tiphat:

On 2/18/2017 at 1:27 PM, Kayoh said:

It's such a weird conundrum with Freeman because it seems like he's a guy who's really good for the locker room, but at the same time if you just look at on-field ability he's EASILY the more replaceable of our two RBs. I love the dude but he doesn't have breakaway speed, he doesn't break a ton of tackles, and he gets tackled in the backfield way too often. Coleman is bigger, significantly faster, just as effective as a pass catcher, and has a far more impressive pedigree.

Perine is a great idea, but he won't change our ability to run between the tackles.  

We need an upgrade at RG.  People argue that we are already spending too much on our OL, I disagree.  Sign an OG like Leary and our offense will be even better.  

Even with a young and gassed defense, if we could have run the ball consistently between the tackles, we would have kept the ball away from Brady in the second half and we would have won the game.....easily.