Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Draftnut57

Draftnut57s 2017 Mock Draft

36 posts in this topic

First 2017 Mock Draft .... Probably will make only one more before the draft.. 

1-31 = DE -Charles Harris,  Missouri............ 6-3, 260 lbs..... Help for Beasley 

2-63 = G/OT Forrest Lamb, Western Ky........6-3, 300 lbs.....Versatile OL  

3-95 = DE/OLB Jordan Williams, Kansas St..6-3, 260 lbs.....Great value Insurance

4-125 = DT Jarron Jones, Notre Dame.........6-4, 315 lbs.....Disruptive Bowling Ball

5-158 = RB Samaje Perine, Oklahoma........5-10, 230 lbs.....Huge back for those must few yards

7-176 =OT/OG David Sharpe,  Florida.........6-5, 355 lbs......Another young versatile OL to train

This is an update on the layout.. Got it finished... Draftnut's first 2017 Mock Draft 

All of these players are ranked below our picks... To keep it very possible and realistic. 

35 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Draft, did you watch YouTube and/or games on all prospects?

I watched some of their tape that has been put together for them, but I mainly go by what they did in school,, I do like watching tape .. I'm mainly right now just going by their production and upside.. Kind of a guess work but I think we can see what they did in School.. All I can find.. The OL is harder to find tape on... I believe the best value in this draft will be DT Jarron Jones.. He may slide up the boards more than I'd like to see.. Hoping he stays under the radar.. he could be special in time IMO. Steal of the draft type player. I really shouldn't have called him a bowling ball , he's made more like the jolly green giant with some more kind of upside.

24 minutes ago, Romfal said:

I think Lamp and Perine will be long gone at least based off projections. would love to have them tho. 

Got the latest rankings off of Walters football site... And as far as that goes... the rankings will change all the way till the draft.. But all these players right now could be had with our picks...  I work really hard to always make my Mocks extremely realistic..  they are ranked either right at the pick , but most of them are ranked below our picks. I never reach in a Mock.. So to keep it realistic. 

Is a 355lb lineman going to be athletic/quick enough to fit our scheme? Not trying to bag on an inconsequential 7th rounder, genuine question. I think we have the lightest or one of the lightest units in the game.

12 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

1-31 = DE -Charles Harris,  Missouri............ 6-3, 260 lbs..... Help for Beasley 

3-95 = DE/OLB Jordan Williams, Kansas St..6-3, 260 lbs.....Great value Insurance

4-125 = DT Jarron Jones, Notre Dame.........6-4, 315 lbs.....Disruptive Bowling Ball

5-158 = RB Samaje Perine, Oklahoma........5-10, 230 lbs.....Huge back for those must few yards

7-176 =OT/OG David Sharpe,  Florida.........6-5, 355 lbs......Another young versatile OL to train

This is an update on the layout.. Got it finished... Draftnut's first 2017 Mock Draft 

All of these players are ranked below our picks... To keep it very possible and realistic. 

Finally, something I can get on board with.... Tell me about RB Samaje Perine and what about Fa's.

13 hours ago, Kayoh said:

Perine is going to get drafted on day 2. Walterfootball is HORRIBLE for draft rankings. Try CBSSports or drafttek instead.

Well, I didn't know that,, but then again,, you have one Draft judge to think one thing,, and another something else..  I'm sure most annalist will be wrong in a lot of players.. so if the truth be known,, some of these will go higher and some will go lower, so that will most likely even out pretty well before draft day..  

3 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, I didn't know that,, but then again,, you have one Draft judge to think one thing,, and another something else..  I'm sure most annalist will be wrong in a lot of players.. so if the truth be known,, some of these will go higher and some will go lower, so that will most likely even out pretty well before draft day..  

opinions vary for sure. Best bet is to get 3+ big boards or use a consensus big board or something like that so you get a good idea of where the most common placements for prospects is. Walt is the only one I've seen with Perine out of the top 100 or so.

1 minute ago, Kayoh said:

opinions vary for sure. Best bet is to get 3+ big boards or use a consensus big board or something like that so you get a good idea of where the most common placements for prospects is. Walt is the only one I've seen with Perine out of the top 100 or so.

Didn't know that.. I wonder when the draft books come out.. I always get  the best one I can find to mark in... I'd love to somehow get at least those top 5 players.. WE may have to use that 7th pick to trade up to get a player we need..

Just now, Draftnut57 said:

Didn't know that.. I wonder when the draft books come out.. I always get  the best one I can find to mark in... I'd love to somehow get at least those top 5 players.. WE may have to use that 7th pick to trade up to get a player we need..

Perine is a freaky guy. He's like a Michael Turner type but stronger. 5'10 235 and fast.

Just now, Kayoh said:

Perine is a freaky guy. He's like a Michael Turner type but stronger. 5'10 235 and fast.

Yes , And he is exactly who we need to have the best triple play RBs in the NFL... 

Kayoh likes this

Just now, Draftnut57 said:

Yes , And he is exactly who we need to have the best triple play RBs in the NFL... 

I agree but we'd have to spend probably a 3rd rd pick to get Perine, if he lasts that long. I don't think there are any day 3 guys who fit that profile tbh.

21 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

I watched some of their tape that has been put together for them, but I mainly go by what they did in school,, I do like watching tape .. I'm mainly right now just going by their production and upside.. Kind of a guess work but I think we can see what they did in School.. All I can find.. The OL is harder to find tape on... I believe the best value in this draft will be DT Jarron Jones.. He may slide up the boards more than I'd like to see.. Hoping he stays under the radar.. he could be special in time IMO. Steal of the draft type player. I really shouldn't have called him a bowling ball , he's made more like the jolly green giant with some more kind of upside.

Thank you for your effort! Appreciate it!

Draftnut57 likes this

16 hours ago, Kayoh said:

I agree but we'd have to spend probably a 3rd rd pick to get Perine, if he lasts that long. I don't think there are any day 3 guys who fit that profile tbh.

I'd love to get him no matter where we had to pick, Then get every other need around his pick.. That is one of my biggest hopes is that we get the 3rd type of RB, Micheal Turner type,, Which He is.... a must 2 or 3 yards can get us a win in many games...

I like this mock, Drafnut. Glad to see you're still around posting around here. Hope all is well with you and your family.

8 hours ago, mlibid said:

I like this mock, Drafnut. Glad to see you're still around posting around here. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Thanks mlibid ,, I am doing great.. God has been very good to me.. I remarried  nearly two years ago,, My wonderful first wife died about 12 years ago with MS after being bed ridden for 10 years. God sent me another amazing lady. They are so different but both are wonderful Christian  ladies. 

mlibid likes this

Sorry to hear about your first wife, Draftnut. MS is a terrible condition but I'm 100% sure she's in a better place now... Anyway, I'd be happy with this mock draft and would be ecstatic with our offseason if we targeted a DT in free agency -- I think we should acquire another big time pass rusher that can apply some pressure up the middle to compliment what we already have. And couple that with drafting someone that'll play along side Beasley... I like the offensive line pick in the second round. Guards are supposedly deep in this draft so I'd love to get good value in the second or third round. Other than that, we're in a rare position where most of our needs are met and we just have to focus on developing the young guys that we have and/or acquire. Last offseason, we focused on acquiring speed on defense. This year, I'd like us to acquire more power... As always DN, God bless!

6 hours ago, mlibid said:

Sorry to hear about your first wife, Draftnut. MS is a terrible condition but I'm 100% sure she's in a better place now... Anyway, I'd be happy with this mock draft and would be ecstatic with our offseason if we targeted a DT in free agency -- I think we should acquire another big time pass rusher that can apply some pressure up the middle to compliment what we already have. And couple that with drafting someone that'll play along side Beasley... I like the offensive line pick in the second round. Guards are supposedly deep in this draft so I'd love to get good value in the second or third round. Other than that, we're in a rare position where most of our needs are met and we just have to focus on developing the young guys that we have and/or acquire. Last offseason, we focused on acquiring speed on defense. This year, I'd like us to acquire more power... As always DN, God bless!

Thank you kind Sir,, I really appreciate that ,, and yes she is,, if you only knew how she never loss her smile all the 10 years she could not sit up.. But smiled until the day she died with a smile on her face.. There is only one way a person can do that.. can be found in Philippians 3:9.

4-125 = DT Jarron Jones, Notre Dame.........6-4, 315 lbs.....Disruptive Powerful Man!  ,,, This player right here to me is going to be an amazing DT who will eventually be  a pressure cooker to any opposing O#. I think If I could ask for just one of the players in my Mock that I could for sure get.. The best one for the pick.. IMO will be ,  DT Jarron Jones, Notre Dame.........6-4, 315 lbs. ,, I like this mock but the best deal in this mock is Jarron for the pick.  Of course I like them all or I wouldn't have put them in my Mock, But Jones is going to be a steal unless he slides way up the boards.

mlibid likes this

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:34 PM, Draftnut57 said:

Harris would be great value if he falls. But, i'm not sure where he'll go in first until after combine. Either way, I like the EDGE pick. Lamb is a very interesting OG pick. Williams is a nice pick. He's less EDGE and more Campbell-like in his ability. Has some pass rush skills, but is probably a traditional LB--WLB in our scheme and maybe some Strongside. But it's an ok pick.

Jones should be long gone by the 4th; but i'd pick Perine in the fourth...solid pick. Could be a Turner-like guy who could let us pass on paying Freeman a huge contract.

I have no idea what you were thinking on Sharpe. He's awfully slow and i'm not sure that he has a NFL future.

Not bad, Nut.

4 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Harris would be great value if he falls. But, i'm not sure where he'll go in first until after combine. Either way, I like the EDGE pick. Lamb is a very interesting OG pick. Williams is a nice pick. He's less EDGE and more Campbell-like in his ability. Has some pass rush skills, but is probably a traditional LB--WLB in our scheme and maybe some Strongside. But it's an ok pick.

Jones should be long gone by the 4th; but i'd pick Perine in the fourth...solid pick. Could be a Turner-like guy who could let us pass on paying Freeman a huge contract.

I have no idea what you were thinking on Sharpe. He's awfully slow and i'm not sure that he has a NFL future.

Not bad, Nut.

Nobody knows where any of the players will go,, but as of right now.. all these players in my mock are ranked below our picks... Could change today, but right now they are below each pick.. 

37 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Lamp has a chance of sneaking into the 1st so I don't see him being there at the end of the 2nd.

If he was a bit bigger,, I'd say you may be right, but because of His size , I say he goes in the second rd.. Now,, he may not fall to us,, But as of right now , he is ranked below our 2nd pick.. So really , that's all you can go by at this time.. Do I try to get the best player below our pick?.. You better believe it.