tactician

Did the Falcons intentionally lose?

145 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

I WOULD like somebody to explain this one...

 

 

This too funny.........but back to the odds of what happened in SB 51 would tell a thinking person that mother nature had no part in the outcome of this 'production'. Their were blatant penalties committed against the Falcons during the 2nd half that were 'overlooked' by the Refs, but then when the Patriots could not sustain a drive against the Falcons defense, they get 4-3rd down ticky-tacking holding calls in succession. Did some odds on that and came out to be 160,000 to 1 odds that this could happen. Then throw into the equation how Quinn blew all of his time outs early in the half, how Shanahan defied logic not once but twice, by throwing the ball when in easy field goal range. A field goal here wins the SB folks. Then the Falcons get driven back those two times by the same events, a sack and a holding call. Multiply the odds of all these things happening together and you are out of this universe!

Not to mention the odds of just coming back from that kind of deficit with the time remaining. No reviews on the fumble (Freeman is a good blocking RB, but wants a new contract, and whiffs the biggest block of his career), was his arm going forward, or the final 'touchdown' (which wasn't).

I have not even mentioned half of the inconsistencies of this 'production' called SB 51, come on folks really are we this naive. This is about our country our world, this is important, screw football this is important.

 

Jerz, pr0d16y and B_Lo_Touchdowns like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I for one believe the game was thrown for a higher draft pick. Nothing wrong with tanking the season for a better placement in the draft. 

-Falcon4Ever- likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

This too funny.........but back to the odds of what happened in SB 51 would tell a thinking person that mother nature had no part in the outcome of this 'production'. Their were blatant penalties committed against the Falcons during the 2nd half that were 'overlooked' by the Refs, but then when the Patriots could not sustain a drive against the Falcons defense, they get 4-3rd down ticky-tacking holding calls in succession. Did some odds on that and came out to be 160,000 to 1 odds that this could happen. Then throw into the equation how Quinn blew all of his time outs early in the half, how Shanahan defied logic not once but twice, by throwing the ball when in easy field goal range. A field goal here wins the SB folks. Then the Falcons get driven back those two times by the same events, a sack and a holding call. Multiply the odds of all these things happening together and you are out of this universe!

Not to mention the odds of just coming back from that kind of deficit with the time remaining. No reviews on the fumble (Freeman is a good blocking RB, but wants a new contract, and whiffs the biggest block of his career), was his arm going forward, or the final 'touchdown' (which wasn't).

I have not even mentioned half of the inconsistencies of this 'production' called SB 51, come on folks really are we this naive. This is about our country our world, this is important, screw football this is important.

 

I don't have a answer brah...:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mvcrook said:

Were your two playoff victories rigged too? Or just the game you lost? 

First of all, I have PSLs, even though I know all big games are fixed. I like professional football and cannot get away from that. But, having said that, I don't believe those two games were fixed (even though I did see some fishy stuff go the Falcons way), because they did not need to be.The Falcons the best team in football right now or were. But, regardless they were supposed to go to the SB this year, the powers-that-be owe Mr. Blank (Blank once said shortly after he bought the team, and I paraphrase this now famous statement. "The SB teams are already decided, I just hope they decide to chose my team one day"), and it was time to pay-up.

Even though they were a much better team than the Patriots, I would have accepted a respectful loss, if that is what the powers-that-be wanted. What has really gotten me up in arms about this SB, is the way they made the Atlanta fan base the sacrificial lamb. It was a pure sacrifice and total humiliation!. 

pr0d16y and Musikron like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

First of all, I have PSLs, even though I know all big games are fixed. I like professional football and cannot get away from that. But, having said that, I don't believe those two games were fixed (even though I did see some fishy stuff go the Falcons way), because they did not need to be.The Falcons the best team in football right now or were. But, regardless they were supposed to go to the SB this year, the powers-that-be owe Mr. Blank (Blank once said shortly after he bought the team, and I paraphrase this now famous statement. "The SB teams are already decided, I just hope they decide to chose my team one day"), and it was time to pay-up.

Even though they were a much better team than the Patriots, I would have accepted a respectful loss, if that is what the powers-that-be wanted. What has really gotten me up in arms about this SB, is the way they made the Atlanta fan base the sacrificial lamb. It was a pure sacrifice and total humiliation!. 

Are you serious or f'ing with me? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cheap Talk said:

No purple here.

I could swear you had some purp alright. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tactician said:

Several board members have suggested that the Falcons intentionally lost the game. That the league ordered Quinn, Shanahan, Ryan etc. to throw the game. I find that absolutely preposterous and utterly inane. Why even be a fan if you think your team is taking a dive on behalf of the league or other interested parties? It's one thing to say we got screwed by the refs, but is there a sizable contingent here that actually believes we lost on purpose?

I haven't seen anyone say we lost on purpose. I have seen more than one suggest the game was called in such a way to have us lose. You can't see AB on the sideline and think he was any part of losing on purpose, that's preposterous

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

WHY  ????????????????????

Some people are off their 2 cups of anti psychotic medicine, have escaped from the local asylum or are still waiting for the doctor approved frontal lobotomy! 

Slappywhite likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Some people are off their 2 cups of anti psychotic medicine, have escaped from the local asylum or are still waiting for the doctor approved frontal lobotomy! 

Do you get paid for every post you make?

You probably think Fake News Networks (we found out about that this past election, didn't we?) are real too? 

Jerz and pr0d16y like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My God - stop this nonsense will you. if there is ONE team that the NFL did not want to win this game , it would have been the Patriots - no one even comes a close second. You think Roger liked handing the Lombardi to Kraft and Brady et al ???? No it was NOT fixed , they lost because of idiotic , moronic play calling - you throw the ball when you are already in field goal range ??? Just drop to a knee three straight times a kick a field goal - even if you miss you have run 120 seconds off the clock and STILL need to Pats to drive 80 yards and convert a two - just to to tie with less than 2 minutes to go . That's IF you miss a chip shot FG.  The coaches blew this one folks - you do not give Brady the chance to come in this game - he has proven time and time again - he will beat you if you give him the chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

Do you get paid for every post you make?

You probably think Fake News Networks (we found out about that this past election, didn't we?) are real too? 

Do you have rational thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, takeitdown said:

If they were going to do that, Alford would have dropped the first INT, the Pats would have scored in the 1st half.  They wouldn't have made it look so implausible.

 

Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

 

Replace malice with conspiracy, and you have it.

He dropped he second INT he had both hands on it

pr0d16y likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

Do you have rational thoughts?

Well, of course it would all depend on what you call 'rational' now would it not. We already have clues on what you would call 'rational'. So no I do not have your 'rational' thoughts.

Edited by Cheap Talk
mispelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jerz said:

Idk I just find it so hard to believe that the NFL can pull off a fix on this scale with the losing team complying without any opposition. But after Devonte completely whiffed on his blocking assignment you should've seen me in the game thread I was adament on the game being rigged. Every collapse in the dimitroff era begins with a Matt Ryan turnover and at that point I just had that huge sinking feeling and dmn near had a panic attack.

Me too!  Saw the writing on the wall...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see why some might think the Falcons, at least the coaches, could have purposely botched the game. There were very simply insanely stupid calls being made, not just once, but over and over again to allow the Patriots to win. What is even scarier is that Quinn and Shanny didn't regret their asinine play calling and just chalking it up to business as usual, and I don't think Quinn has any desires in changing what he has done, even in terms of situational football; He will play the same defense, give the OC total say on offense, and if the sh*t hits the fan, he will fire his assistants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now