tactician

Did the Falcons intentionally lose?

145 posts in this topic

No they used the 3d printer and made a Tom Brady cyborg.... What really happened tho.. For reals they finally hacked the files they downloaded from shannys tablet at half time....../ purple

Did the Falcons throw the game. No.

Was there something done by the league to favor one team over another? Who knows.

Nah they didn't throw it, we just happen to lose the biggest gambling event in the world

when it was impossible to lose

in impossible fashion

Being blind is part of life. History repeats itself. I do know what thing, follow the money and you always find your answer.

Cheap Talk likes this

Highly unlikely.

However, the more you read about stuff like this, the more difficult it is to understand how this all transpired:

Before Super Bowl LI, teams won 99.8% of games they led by 25

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 10, 2017, 5:31 AM EST
HOUSTON, TX - FEBRUARY 05:  Confetti falls after the Patriots defeat the Falcons 34-28 in ovetime during Super Bowl 51 at NRG Stadium on February 5, 2017 in Houston, Texas.  (Photo by Patrick Smith/Getty Images)Getty Images

If Falcons fans thought their 28-3 lead was safe in Super Bowl LI, it’s easy to see why: Leads that big have been safe 99.8 percent of the time in NFL history.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, prior to Super Bowl LI teams leading by 25 or more points at any time in any NFL game were 2,545-4-2 in the regular season and 102-2 in the postseason. Add it up and only six times in 2,655 games, or 0.2 percent of the time, has a team come back from a 25-point deficit to win a game.

In other words, only about once out of every 450 games in which a team takes a 25-point lead does that team end up losing.

The Patriots, however, weren’t concerned about that. Down 25, they scored 31 unanswered points to win 34-28.

slickgadawg likes this

26 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Yes.  At halftime, Vegas called and said that the action was good enough and it was time to tank.  Vegas called directly to Shanahan (who they had given the 49ers job to by telling Josh Mac to stand down) asking him to subetly call stupid plays to undermine the both the offense and defense.  It was so professionally done and looked so natural.  It wasn't just Vegas though...there are other powerful entities that have blessed the Trump-Kraft-Belichick-Brady ruling order.  We never had a chance. /purple.

#illuminati breh 

falconsrus likes this

6 minutes ago, T.O._Falcon said:

Highly unlikely.

However, the more you read about stuff like this, the more difficult it is to understand how this all transpired:

Before Super Bowl LI, teams won 99.8% of games they led by 25

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 10, 2017, 5:31 AM EST
HOUSTON, TX - FEBRUARY 05:  Confetti falls after the Patriots defeat the Falcons 34-28 in ovetime during Super Bowl 51 at NRG Stadium on February 5, 2017 in Houston, Texas.  (Photo by Patrick Smith/Getty Images)Getty Images

If Falcons fans thought their 28-3 lead was safe in Super Bowl LI, it’s easy to see why: Leads that big have been safe 99.8 percent of the time in NFL history.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, prior to Super Bowl LI teams leading by 25 or more points at any time in any NFL game were 2,545-4-2 in the regular season and 102-2 in the postseason. Add it up and only six times in 2,655 games, or 0.2 percent of the time, has a team come back from a 25-point deficit to win a game.

In other words, only about once out of every 450 games in which a team takes a 25-point lead does that team end up losing.

The Patriots, however, weren’t concerned about that. Down 25, they scored 31 unanswered points to win 34-28.

I don't believe it was fixed, not for a second. Not given how our players looked and sounded post-game. No one is that good an actor.

But I feel kind of ill reading that. No wonder it's taking us all so long to put this loss in the rearview. It was as close to a done deal as it can get before imploding and shredding our hearts piece by miserable piece in the 4th.

1 minute ago, crimsonhawk said:

And across the nation, entire fan bases are giggling at the stupidity presented on our forums.....

Nawwh. The real deal is they laughing at the Falcons for choking...

Jerz likes this

13 minutes ago, BIRDLAND 2.0 said:

FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE! Elvis says hi from a grocery store in Oregon!

I knew it! Was he with Tupac?

2 minutes ago, crimsonhawk said:

And across the nation, entire fan bases are giggling at the stupidity presented on our forums.....

That's why they get away with it. Next year it was be another team. I wouldn't be surprised if Falcons go 5-11 next season. The NFL is a joke

10 minutes ago, crimsonhawk said:

Don't know why.

They have their own stupidity to contend with.

I mean, have you ever read any of their boards?

The Great American likes this

Why do people feel like it's stupid that this can happen? Of course they are not gonna do it by just having a terrible game. Everything is wool over our eyes. Most of you will are with Shanahan's Play calling, and being up by 25. Keep in mind, this thing is bigger than us all.

It's over. Let it go. Let's get back to sb and win. U know part of the reason why we lost is Bc we didn't believe we were going to win. Well **** **** duck I bet you when we get back we will dominate the whole season and believe we will win. You can bet your **** nuts on that. 

falconsrus likes this

16 minutes ago, Dr. Falcon said:

Did the Falcons throw the game. No.

Was there something done by the league to favor one team over another? Who knows.

My two cents...

I honestly believe that the league instructs the officials to shade their calls one way or the other. My "evidence" of this are those situations like the three 3rd down holding calls in the second quarter. Those were borderline holding calls that kept the Pats drive alive when it looked like the SuperBowl was going to be a snoozer. Then Alford gets his pick 6 so every one just kind of forgets that it ever happened. Then later on when the talking heads are going over the game you'll hear stuff like "they killed themselves with penalties". Everyone will blame the players for sloppy play and not the officials for biased calls.

More often than not I don't think they have a team they want to win so much as they need to keep the score close. Closer scores = more interest from viewers and I think Vegas benefits from know that most games are going to be relatively close. Also, this approach means that the players can still go out there and give 100%.

Now, does that explain the extraordinarily crappy play calling in the second half? No. Does it explain why we were getting calls against us when the Pats were doing the same thing or worse to our guys? Yessiree.

There are TWO choices here. Either the Falcons threw the game, OR, they was that horrible and choked after going up 28-3... There is NO in between on this...

Edited by slickgadawg
Jerz likes this

11 minutes ago, 66fairfan said:

The Falcons could not have possibly thrown the game. They would have ended up winning.

Underrated comment.