tactician

Did the Falcons intentionally lose?

145 posts in this topic

Several board members have suggested that the Falcons intentionally lost the game. That the league ordered Quinn, Shanahan, Ryan etc. to throw the game. I find that absolutely preposterous and utterly inane. Why even be a fan if you think your team is taking a dive on behalf of the league or other interested parties? It's one thing to say we got screwed by the refs, but is there a sizable contingent here that actually believes we lost on purpose?

Edited by tactician

Idk I just find it so hard to believe that the NFL can pull off a fix on this scale with the losing team complying without any opposition. But after Devonte completely whiffed on his blocking assignment you should've seen me in the game thread I was adament on the game being rigged. Every collapse in the dimitroff era begins with a Matt Ryan turnover and at that point I just had that huge sinking feeling and dmn near had a panic attack.

Falcster and TheFalcoholic like this

I said in another post I could see that.. not that I believe it, but how does that happen?

one thing to remember is the NFL is a business first and foremost. Whatever makes them the most money, that is what they will do.

once again, not saying I believe it was rigged, but I could see that. Now these next few years will be the Falcons Resemption Tour.

Can we please put an end to all this ********?

If you (general "you") are among those who think that there was some conspiracy to keep us from hoisting the Lombardi, please stop following the Falcons and start trying to figure out who the second gunman on the grassy knoll was, why the government won't let us see the aliens in Roswell and how we managed to get the French, Russians, Japanese and Brits to go along with our moon-landing hoax. 

The rest of us will be helping each other get over the loss, firing ourselves up for next year, and discussing new coordinators. There are clearly more important things for such people to think about. Get off this message board and go watch InfoWars. 

Thank you for your cooperation. 

2 minutes ago, Jerz said:

Idk I just find it so hard to believe that the NFL can pull off a fix on this scale with the losing team complying without any opposition. But after Devonte completely whiffed on his blocking assignment you should've seen me in the game thread I was adament on the game being rigged. Every collapse in the dimitroff era begins with a Matt Ryan turnover and at that point I just had that huge sinking feeling and dmn near had a panic attack.

Tell free to miss a block and tell Ryan to hold it an extra second for a strip sack. If they said, "Hey, we want your team to look amazing. We will showcase them through the first three quarters but then we want the biggest comeback in sports by the best QB. We will then feature you guys and get you a Lombardi the next year or two and really drive up your market with a lot of exposure on the networks.." <-- I could see that. It's a business.

how does the WWE get guys to lose title matches? (Weak comparison I know)

i don't think it's rigged but just playing devils advocate.

Cheap Talk and quickzero like this

Yes.  At halftime, Vegas called and said that the action was good enough and it was time to tank.  Vegas called directly to Shanahan (who they had given the 49ers job to by telling Josh Mac to stand down) asking him to subetly call stupid plays to undermine the both the offense and defense.  It was so professionally done and looked so natural.  It wasn't just Vegas though...there are other powerful entities that have blessed the Trump-Kraft-Belichick-Brady ruling order.  We never had a chance. /purple.

Highly doubtful  

BUT. . . If next year the refs give us calls the Saints got post-Katrina and they literally pick up and carry Freeman over the goal line for the winning SB score, then I'll start to wonder

rounz and pauuul19 like this

1 minute ago, Falcon Ben said:

Can we please put an end to all this ********?

If you (general "you") are among those who think that there was some conspiracy to keep us from hoisting the Lombardi, please stop following the Falcons and start trying to figure out who the second gunman on the grassy knoll was, why the government won't let us see the aliens in Roswell and how we managed to get the French, Russians, Japanese and Brits to go along with our moon-landing hoax. 

The rest of us will be helping each other get over the loss, firing ourselves up for next year, and discussing new coordinators. There are clearly more important things for such people to think about. Get off this message board and go watch InfoWars. 

Thank you for your cooperation. 

With the amount of money that the NFL generates I wouldn't hold it above the U.S. or the NFL to completely abolish the idea that this could be rigged. I dont think the league is fixed but I do have my suspicions. To be a complete blind follower to not even entertain the idea that a product this large could be tailored to generate maximum profit..that can't be me.

Cheap Talk likes this

If they were going to do that, Alford would have dropped the first INT, the Pats would have scored in the 1st half.  They wouldn't have made it look so implausible.

Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Replace malice with conspiracy, and you have it.

PokerSteve likes this

7 minutes ago, WisFalcon said:

Tell free to miss a block and tell Ryan to hold it an extra second for a strip sack. If they said, "Hey, we want your team to look amazing. We will showcase them through the first three quarters but then we want the biggest comeback in sports by the best QB. We will then feature you guys and get you a Lombardi the next year or two and really drive up your market with a lot of exposure on the networks.." <-- I could see that. It's a business.

how does the WWE get guys to lose title matches? (Weak comparison I know)

i don't think it's rigged but just playing devils advocate.

That sounds plausible to me. I think the NFL can benefit from a larger market in ATL with the new stadium and all.

The NFL didn't have to order a code red, DQ is more than able to handle that on his own. 

The only thing that sows doubt in my mind is that outcomes always seem to match the storyline a little to conveniently:

Saints with Katrina--the only 'have-not' to break through since the Rams

Harbaugh vs Harbaugh in 2012

The team that owns the two biggest "huh--how did they win?" titles in the last 20 years just happens to be from New York 

--calamities befall the same teams (Falcons, Lions, Bengals, Cardinals, etc) regardless of owners, players and coaches, year after year

It all just seems odd sometimes

Edited by Ghosts of Glanville

But for real, I heard the CIA called in extra-terrestrial help during half time and that Tom Brady before halftime was human Tom Brady and after half-time it was an alien look alike. Bro, for real

rounz likes this

If the NFL wanted to make some serious money on the Super Bowl they would have made sure the Cowboys made it. This is absolute crazy talk.....which I'm glad to be witnessing by the way.