137 posts in this topic

Well fellas,

We all know the NFL is rigged. This is because NFL runs on ratings. It has been pointed out in other posts how much the refs were on the patriots side in the 4th quarter. 

So here is reality. We were screwed from the beginning because 

1. The NFL knew the best ratings was for TB to win another ring to be the greatest of all time. And best ratings are from epic comebacks. 

2. Falcons window for Super Bowl is for another 3-4 years, so even if we lose the NFL wont feel bad because we have a few more years to win it all.

3. Atlanta hosts the Super Bowl LIII. What better way to get better ratings, then for the ATLANTA FALCONS to obtain redemption for Super Bowl LI by winning Super Bowl LIII in their new Mercedes Benz stadium. 

So there you have it. Im calling it first. The ATLANTA FALCONS will win their first Lombardi at SUPER BOWL LIII in ATLANTA.

edit.

/half serious Sad I have to make this clear because some people can't understand half seriousness. 

3 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I disagree. The Atlanta Falcons will win their SECOND Lombardi in Atlanta for Super Bowl LIII

I disagree with your disagreement because the NFL is rigged. What will have better ratings, the ATL having their first Super Bowl victory in Super Bowl LIII or their second. It is obvious, it is by having their first lombardi be in Super Bowl LIII. 

More reason for my argument - no team has ever hosted the Super Bowl and participated in it in the same season. Can you imagine the hype? I know the NFL can... #moneytalks #allabouttheratings 

But I will give you a like for your effort :D.

Lets roll with your theory for a minute.

If the NFL is rigged and we lost due to a conspiracy theory. What's to say there isn't another conspiracy theory every year to determine who gets in the SuperBowl and I'm sure they wouldn't pick us.

While I'm at it I'm sure if it were rigged Green Bay would have lost to Dallas who would have in turn beat us to have the mecca of Super Bowls. Americas Team the Dallas Cowboys against the golden child and Trumps Team the New England Patriots.....that's ratings.

putnam6 and Bagofbones64 like this

I love my conspiracy theories, so to add to your point 1.....

How do you keep ratings up all game?  The majority of people wanted the Patriots to lose, everybody hates the Patriots.  Let Atlanta get the big lead and people watch to see the Pats get embarrassed.  Then, when the comeback starts, nobody can turn the channel, got to see if they do it. And bam!  High ratings all game long. Plus, NFL gets to close the deflategate debacle that's hurt their image the last couple of years.

A good storyline would be the Falcons come out next year and go 14-2 after suffering such a heartbreaking loss in SB51 and run the tables in the playoffs and SB52. People will be expecting another blown game from the Falcons and this time they get the job done.

mar31985, sdogg, Da_Truth and 2 others like this

Just now, weezy01212 said:

If the NFL is rigged and we lost due to a conspiracy theory. What's to say there isn't another conspiracy theory every year to determine who gets in the SuperBowl and I'm sure they wouldn't pick us.

While I'm at it I'm sure if it were rigged Green Bay would have lost to Dallas who would have in turn beat us to have the mecca of Super Bowls. Americas Team the Dallas Cowboys against the golden child and Trumps Team the New England Patriots.....that's ratings.

Because if you have the same teams every year it does get stale. Research has show that repeated dosages of the same product causes customers to desire the product less. Also you need to have a good game in the Super Bowl. Not blowouts. Nothing hurts ratings more than blowouts. As for why not Dallas vs Patriots? Because America hates both teams. Its like Darth Vader vs. Ramsey Bolton. Who do you root for? You can't because you hate them both. Best ratings are good vs evil. 

quickzero likes this

I have seen many people post that the games are rigged and not in jest. Just because you did not get the outcome you wanted does not mean it's rigged. That's absurd.

Explain how this works exactly. When are players notified they now must intentionally lose? It it before the game? During the game? Who pays them for throwing the game? How much are they paid? Who negotiates these contracts? This would be a federal crime mind you, in addition to ruining your reputation. What if some players are not on board? What is to stop them from going to the Feds? A scandal like this would destroy the league, could they not blackmail coaches and other conspirators? Are owners in on this? Why would a billionaire, who is already filthy rich and has everything to lose, participate in a highly illegal rigged scheme that causes his team to lose in an epic collapse? Let me hear some plausible answers. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Falcon said:

I disagree with your disagreement because the NFL is rigged. What will have better ratings, the ATL having their first Super Bowl victory in Super Bowl LIII or their second. It is obvious, it is by having their first lombardi be in Super Bowl LIII. 

More reason for my argument - no team has ever hosted the Super Bowl and participated in it in the same season. Can you imagine the hype? I know the NFL can... #moneytalks #allabouttheratings 

I disagree with your disagreement of his disagreement.  There have been a bunch of these threads and they are all baselessly dumb.

Tom Brady winning the game in overtime really drove up the ratings, huh?  I guess they would have all tuned out if the Falcons won on the last play of the game.

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

1 minute ago, FalconinPA said:

A good storyline would be the Falcons come out next year and go 14-2 after suffering such a heartbreaking loss in SB51 and run the tables in the playoffs and SB52. People will be expecting another blown game from the Falcons and this time they get the job done.

That would be a good storyline for us. But for the NFL the best would be redemption in Super Bowl LIII when we host the Super Bowl. 

3 minutes ago, weezy01212 said:

disagree, no easy win for the NFL in a Dallas/New England matchup.  Think WWE, you don't push 2 faces for WrestleMania matches, you book a face taking on a heel.  It's a better story and gets more fans involved.

quickzero and Dr. Falcon like this

6 minutes ago, Robb4242 said:

How do you keep ratings up all game?  The majority of people wanted the Patriots to lose, everybody hates the Patriots.  Let Atlanta get the big lead and people watch to see the Pats get embarrassed.  Then, when the comeback starts, nobody can turn the channel, got to see if they do it. And bam!  High ratings all game long. Plus, NFL gets to close the deflategate debacle that's hurt their image the last couple of years.

don't know if you could call me a "viewer" after half time... :D had quite a few brewskis in the system

EDIT: as an addendum I'm going to have to disagree with my own disagreement and therefore agree because it's circular. was definitely a conspiracy, at the bare minimum Shanny was paid off to throw the game.

Edited by SN4ttERboXxer
Dr. Falcon, pr0d16y and quickzero like this

7 minutes ago, Dr. Falcon said:

But I will give you a like for your effort :D.

Thanks for the like lol

But it will be a good story either way if we win it in at home. Won't matter if it's number 1 or 7

2 minutes ago, tactician said:

I have seen many people post that the games are rigged and not in jest. Just because you did not get the outcome you wanted does not mean it's rigged. That's absurd.

Explain how this works exactly. When are players notified they now must intentionally lose? It it before the game? During the game? Who pays them for throwing the game? How much are they paid? Who negotiates these contracts? This would be a federal crime mind you, in addition to ruining your reputation. What if some players are not on board? What is to stop them from going to the Feds? A scandal like this would destroy the league, could they not blackmail coaches and other conspirators? Are owners in on this? Why would a billionaire, who is already filthy rich and has everything to lose, participate in a highly illegal rigged scheme that causes his team to lose in an epic collapse? Let me hear some plausible answers. 

Because the NFL has 31 other owners... and also its not the players. 

Plus there are always ways to get a competitive advantage so long as you don't get caught. 

As for my original post, I'm only half serious as you can tell by my sarcastic title etc. People here need to lighten up lol.

7 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

I disagree with your disagreement of his disagreement.  There have been a bunch of these threads and they are all baselessly dumb.

Tom Brady winning the game in overtime really drove up the ratings, huh?  I guess they would have all tuned out if the Falcons won on the last play of the game.

The thing is TB reputation proceeds him. Just like the greats in any sport (i.e. MJ) you cannot count the out until the game is won. So of course Pats fans would keep watching. As for my original post, I'm only half serious as you can tell by my sarcastic title etc. People here need to lighten up lol.

But I do think we will win Super Bowl LIII.

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

It's the Muslim immigrants.

Whoa lets not cross the line here. We are Falcons Fans, civilized ppl unlike others....

Aidan likes this

14 hours ago, Robb4242 said:

I love my conspiracies also. I think you were the one that told me a few years ago that you knew someone who said that Falcons only field teams to put ***** in the seats and not really to win. Well what better way to put ***** in the new stadium than by making a Super bowl appearance the year before, although we lost. I bet the Falcons season tickets sales are out the roof and the have sold a boatload of NFL gear. Which makes more monies for the NFL owners.

Dr. Falcon likes this

Rigging a game where each team has 50+ players is impossible. This isn't boxing where you and you alone can take a dive. So basically billionaire owners would risk Federal prison and total destruction of the league if caught, literally everything, because they think certain outcomes might get slightly higher ratings. Yea that makes perfect sense.

1 minute ago, FalconinPA said:

I my conspiracies also. I think you were the one that told me a few years ago that you knew someone who said that Falcons only field teams to put ***** in the seats and not really to win. Well what better way to put ***** in the new stadium than by making a Super bowl appearance the year before, although we lost. I bet the Falcons season tickets sales are out the roof and the have sold a boatload of NFL gear. Which makes more monies for the NFL owners.

wow im impressed you remember that; take a like

FalconinPA likes this

1 minute ago, tactician said:

Rigging a game where each team has 50+ players is impossible. This isn't boxing where you and you alone can take a dive. So basically billionaire owners would risk Federal prison and total destruction of the league if caught, literally everything, because they think certain outcomes might get slightly higher ratings. Yea that makes perfect sense.

You don't need to rig 50+ players, you only have to rig one ref.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Falcon said:

Because the NFL has 31 other owners... and also its not the players. 

Plus there are always ways to get a competitive advantage so long as you don't get caught. 

As for my original post, I'm only half serious as you can tell by my sarcastic title etc. People here need to lighten up lol.

How can a game be rigged without the players involvement? And how do owners decide whose team gets to win and lose these rigged games? Do they draw straws? Rocks, scissors, paper?