BCEagleATLFalcon

At This Point, All I Can Do Is Laugh ...

38 posts in this topic

I feel like only you, my fellow fans, can fully appreciate this.

I am doing everything to "step back" and heal from the loss. I haven't watched a single sports news outlet, haven't read a single article. The only place I'm talking about the Falcons is with all of you, my board friends/family, because THAT makes me feel better.

Naturally everywhere I go in Boston, I'm reminded, but I'm doing my best to keep my mind off it.

Anyway, tonight, I was flipping through channels and there is a full hour Sound FX from the Super Bowl. I was really tempted to watch it, out of some masochistic urge I suppose.

I FORCED myself to find something else, ANYTHING else, to watch.

"Keep your mind off football."

"Don't even think about football."

"You don't want to watch that, knowing it doesn't end with a ring."

So I find Family Feud.

Totally safe, right?

The immediate question is, "If you were a football player trying to score, what would you wear to bed?"

The answer? "Your Super Bowl Ring."

C'MON MAN!!!!

Brutal, I watched family feud monday night coincidentally. . Couldn't turn on any news or sports. My wife was going WTF are you watching?

tactician likes this

Same thing. Been avoiding news and websites but it didn't matter. My GF happened to wake me up for some action and the **** Family Guy episode where he briefly played for the Patriots was playing automatically on Netflix. I was so mad I couldn't go back to sleep. 

BIRDLAND 2.0 and m2Falcons like this

I don't watch FOX or regular MSM. 90% of time skip sports media. Get everything online. Spiritual has helped me refocus. Talking with all of you, seeing Sarkasian hire, driving PMF, now Fatboi nuts with PMs about team. Just 1 each actually. :ninja:

It definitely takes some discipline and planning to avoid any mentioning of what happened.

For me it's been heavy, repeated doses of Sanford and Son, The Andy Griffith Show and Turner Classic Movies.

I'm a news junkie but haven't watched CNN either...until enough time has passed until I think it's okay.

BIRDLAND 2.0 and Slappywhite like this

Same here. Avoiding that shyt like the plague. Only place I come is here. I've done really well so far but seeing random things on Facebook Pisses me off pretty good though. 

BIRDLAND 2.0 likes this

5 minutes ago, Clark said:

Same here. Avoiding that shyt like the plague. Only place I come is here. I've done really well so far but seeing random things on Facebook Pisses me off pretty good though. 

I've temporarily unfollowed pretty much every single person I know in Boston.

papachaz likes this

I watched, and it was depressing. Mainly watching and listening to all this guys celebrate, and all I could think about was if we would ever get to watch our guys celebrate.  And I was really frustrating listening to Quinn say "take your time, take your time", and proceed to have Matt ryan drop back for a pass.  Uggggh

1 minute ago, Diesel_Bird said:

I watched, and it was depressing. Mainly watching and listening to all this guys celebrate, and all I could think about was if we would ever get to watch our guys celebrate.  And I was really frustrating listening to Quinn say "take your time, take your time", and proceed to have Matt ryan drop back for a pass.  Uggggh

Exactly why I didn't want to watch it.

Well, Quinn, call up your OC and SLOW. HIM. DOWN.

Argh.

Diesel_Bird likes this

Same. This board is all I'll allow. My wife won't allow any local sports talk either. Im not arguing. I'm sure the meter is down this week. 

Picked up reading so there thats. Oh and the book I'm reading is "Don't jump" and "How to run the ball on 1st down in the Super Bowl with 4 minutes left up 8" it's helping out GREAT 

SaintsFanInLA and Clark like this

Turned it on ESPN and heard Wilbon going on about how the MVP was wrongly awarded to Ryan. Couldn't watch anymore. 

I usually just watch reruns and adult swim anyway, today is a little bit of basketball, just kinda making sure I do. Things are dying down a tad maybe on sportscenter, since they can move on to other stuff. 

The summer may be a little better, but come August, it may be just as bad as this week.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan11 said:

Picked up reading so there thats. Oh and the book I'm reading is "Don't jump" and "How to run the ball on 1st down in the Super Bowl with 4 minutes left up 8" it's helping out GREAT 

Lmao. Those sound like extremely relevant choices.

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Turned it on ESPN and heard Wilbon going on about how the MVP was wrongly awarded to Ryan. Couldn't watch anymore. 

Yeah, that's BS. Utter BS. That was a regular season for the ages. And not that the award even extends to the post-season, but it was also one of the finest post-seasons a QB has ever posted. If Shanahan calls a few runs, all anyone is talking about is the perfect pass from the MVP to Julio to ice the game. We know what we have in Ryan. Dude will be back to the big game.

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I think that was too soon, Monday anyway for watching that newtork,. Glad I haven't been anyplace where it's likely to be on 

tl;dr likes this

I thought  I could briefly turn on my local sports radio station this evening (something i have done every day for the last 7 months). Maybe they were talking about basketball??? Nope.   Within 30 seconds I heard the interviewee say 'the biggest meltdown in American sports history and Tom Brady is just the best ever...". Turned it off.  Turned on the tv to watch the news.  The first story that came on was about Tom Brady's stolen jersey.  Turned it off.  So I am back here again.  Us Falcons fans are just going to have to get used to the 'worst meltdown in sports history' label,  until the Falcons do something so great to get rid of it.  May never happen....

Edited by nitrojiber

BC I went in to work and it helped talking to all the pats fans I work with good people really hey man we will get em next year I can feel it 

10 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Pro tip: Don't ever watch TMZSPN unless it's for a live sports event

NCFalconfan likes this

3 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

Pro tip: Don't ever watch TMZSPN unless it's for a live sports event

I normally don't. But I forgot it was PTI. Wilbon just HATES us and really has no reason for it. 

6 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I normally don't. But I forgot it was PTI. Wilbon just HATES us and really has no reason for it. 

He's an idiot, I think that's his reason.