Monoxide

Show your appreciation for the 2016 Atlanta Falcons

86 posts in this topic

For many of us, the Atlanta Falcons are our identity. Even with the heartbreaking Super Bowl loss, we collectively couldn't be more proud of arguably the greatest single season in franchise history.

With the help of a few board members, we are wanting to surprise the Falcons with an appreciative thread showing our support for the entire team. It is our hope that this thread can be passed onto the players who may not read the boards or even be familiar with them. There's a ton of negativity going on throughout social media and beyond, but we're here to let our guys know that nothing can ever lead us to stop supporting and loving our team. I'm proud of them more than ever before, and couldn't be more excited for the upcoming 2017 season.

This will be pinned here in a few hours once people start to see it, and then closed Sunday night.

Thanks @Monoxide for doing this. this will be great. On sunday night I will change what I am saying here, to what I want for them to see. I will be making a collage of the images from training camp since 2008........................

as for what is going on. I and many others (i won't include their names only if they want to). show the devastation of when the falcons came home on monday after the superbowl. Their was only 20 people standing at their gates congratulating them and giving them love. BUT no one had a clue this was going to happen. AJC, falcons and etc did not post about when they would arrive back home. 

So I and a few others have put a plan into place, that will draw them to viewing the message board next Monday. I will be doing a "live" feed on my facebook page. So if anyone wants to see it, live. feel free to follow me. I will also upload the video to it on here when I get back home that evening. 

https://www.facebook.com/Fibonacci11358

so please everyone who is a falcon fan. so your appreciation with what they have done. it is very hard to do things they did for the 2016 season. and it would be nice if we show that we appreciate all that they did and how we look forward to the seasons to come. 

Edited by mashburn*Fibonacci
Alaska Falcon and Crazy Trav like this

Ain't no certificate for participation. I love my team but I'll never forget how the HC and OC blew a convincing SB victory. They didn't close the deal and will be known as the team that blew the biggest SB deficit of all time. No other SB was this embarrassing. The HC and players are saying all the right things but I guarantee the players are mad af and bitter to a degree. This game has absolutely nothing to do with the greatness of Tom Brady and all to do with the negligence of playing situational football. I'm not ready to appreciate the season because of the way it ended. It was all for naught. I could understand if it was a close game. It was a blowout. Would the fans if Chicago appreciate the 85 bears giving up that huge lead and lose in overtime?? I don't think so. I'd appreciate the team and the season if we lost a hard going close game. We lost a blowout game. I'm pissed. I don't appreciate that sh*t. 

papachaz, Vandy, sdogg and 4 others like this

14 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Ain't no certificate for participation. I love my team but I'll never forget how the HC and OC blew a convincing SB victory. They didn't close the deal and will be known as the team that blew the biggest SB deficit of all time. No other SB was this embarrassing. The HC and players are saying all the right things but I guarantee the players are mad af and bitter to a degree. This game has absolutely nothing to do with the greatness of Tom Brady and all to do with the negligence of playing situational football. I'm not ready to appreciate the season because of the way it ended. It was all for naught. I could understand if it was a close game. It was a blowout. Would the fans if Chicago appreciate the 85 bears giving up that huge lead and lose in overtime?? I don't think so. I'd appreciate the team and the season if we lost a hard going close game. We lost a blowout game. I'm pissed. I don't appreciate that sh*t. 

Pretty sure Monoxide is looking for something positive.

Just now, Monolith2001 said:

I am a ride or die Falcons fan.  What the 2016 team did was incredible but it's 2017 and I want to see what the 2017 Falcons do.

Give us time Mo, some of us are still not quite over it yet.....but we'll catch up to you soon.

TheFatboi likes this

I appreciate all the hard work that went into a really good season. No one expected this team to make it to the Superbowl this year. Most probably were thinking we were at least 2 more years from a true run at the title. But the team never gave up and won, and won, and won... they gave up a few but they kept trying, and then it was playoff time and we won against the SeaHawks. Then we won the NFC title. I will never forget that game and the fun we had closing out the dome. Thank you Falcons for a truly great season!! I am a Falcon fan and proud of it. You gave us a wild ride this year. But.... we expect a Lombardi and soon :)

NO ONE expected us to be in the Super Bowl under a second year head coach, three rookie defensive starters, and a few second year defensive players. What we were able to accomplish was nothing short of amazing. Rewind to the beginning of the season and no one had us winning five games let alone making it to the Super Bowl. The mere fact that we proved all the naysayers wrong with their prognostications about our team/season should inspire even the most heartbroken fan. 

15 minutes ago, EB2124 said:

Pretty sure Monoxide is looking for something positive.

That's as positive as it gets. There's nothing positive to say about what happened. We may as well not even made it to the SB. I didn't feel this bad after the collapse last year or the way we lost in 2012. I don't know where y'all come from but where I come from they don't pat you on the back for an epic blunder. The only positive for me is the roster is built to last. 

sdogg and Vandy like this

5 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

NO ONE expected us to be in the Super Bowl under a second year head coach, three rookie defensive starters, and a few second year defensive players. What we were able to accomplish was nothing short of amazing. Rewind to the beginning of the season and no one had us winning five games let alone making it to the Super Bowl. The mere fact that we proved all the naysayers wrong with their prognostications about our team/season should inspire even the most heartbroken fan. 

YESSSS!!! YESSSSS!!! YESSSS!!!!   THIS!!!!!^^^^^^^^^

Riser and Sidecar Falcon like this

58 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

For many of us, the Atlanta Falcons are our identity. Even with the heartbreaking Super Bowl loss, we collectively couldn't be more proud of arguably the greatest single season in franchise history.

With the help of a few board members, we are wanting to surprise the Falcons with an appreciative thread showing our support for the entire team. It is our hope that this thread can be passed onto the players who may not read the boards or even be familiar with them. There's a ton of negativity going on throughout social media and beyond, but we're here to let our guys know that nothing can ever lead us to stop supporting and loving our team. I'm proud of them more than ever before, and couldn't be more excited for the upcoming 2017 season.

This will be pinned here in a few hours once people start to see it, and then closed Sunday night.

So I am a little confused, is this the thread where we show our appreciation or will that be a in a future thread that will be pinned? I would like to write something to show my appreciation. 

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

That's as positive as it gets. There's nothing positive to say about what happened. We may as well not even made it to the SB. I didn't feel this bad after the collapse last year or the way we lost in 2012. I don't know where y'all come from but where I come from they don't pat you on the back for an epic blunder. The only positive for me is the roster is built to last. 

I feel your pain man. I really do. I literally cried as a grown 33 year old man. That **** hurt on into yesterday night. I couldn't eat, sleep, etc.

BUT

I believe that this SB loss is the quiet before the storm (in a good way). I really believe that we are about to ascend into unprecedented heights. I really do!

I love this team. I've never seen someone play so hard to getting to playoffs. And that's on both sides of the ball. And then what they did against the Seahawks I was stunned. Than they did it again the GB explosive offense. And they brought us an NFC here. 

With how our defense approved at the end. And how we are making good calls in changing our coaches. I cannot wait to see what we do in FA, draft. 

Thank you to the players, coaches, staff and even their families for bringing so much joy to the fans and the city of Atlanta!!!!

rounz and Crazy Trav like this

5 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

We still didn't prove the naysayers wrong sidecar because all i heard before the SB was played is that we'll do what atlanta does and blow it. And we did. When do we get the ultimate chance to say suck it haters?? We can't until we win the SB. This game may have been the ultimate "same ol falcons". 98 the Robinson thing. 2017 the biggest blown SB deficit in history. I love my team man. I want us to get the job done. We had it in our grasp and we same ol falconed it away. 

17 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Give us time Mo, some of us are still not quite over it yet.....but we'll catch up to you soon.

Maybe the draft will catch me up if we nail it again. Right now I'm drained. I've been fighting with haters and the board all season telling them what I saw special in this team. I'm drained bro. I fought just as hard as the team did on the field. I'm tired. 

Halcon-1 and Vandy like this

1 hour ago, Monoxide said:

Why did I get banned?? (YoungSaudi)

3 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

I feel your pain man. I really do. I literally cried as a grown 33 year old man. That **** hurt on into yesterday night. I couldn't eat, sleep, etc.

BUT

I believe that this SB loss is the quiet before the storm (in a good way). I really believe that we are about to ascend into unprecedented heights. I really do!

I hope so man, the talent is there. But It depends on the character of the team, which starts with Quinn. So far, I'm not seeing him man up and take responsibility for his part in that loss. It's on him to do that. 

Halcon-1 and TheFatboi like this

5 minutes ago, Dr. Falcon said:

So I am a little confused, is this the thread where we show our appreciation or will that be a in a future thread that will be pinned? I would like to write something to show my appreciation. 

This is for the players, coaches, organization to see. I will be doing something on Monday that will 100% be grabbing their attention. 

So yes, please write something that you would want them to see that shows your appreciation. 

Dr. Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Maybe the draft will catch me up if we nail it again. Right now I'm drained. I've been fighting with haters and the board all season telling them what I saw special in this team. I'm drained bro. I fought just as hard as the team did on the field. I'm tired. 

I feel you man, I'm the same way. My suggestion is maybe pour some of it into your music? I dunno.....

TheFatboi likes this

Thank you 2016 Super Bowl Falcons for giving me something to laugh at for the rest of my life. 

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I feel you man, I'm the same way. My suggestion is maybe pour some of it into your music? I dunno.....

That's what im doing. It's gonna come out pretty angry and aggressive sounding right about now tho lol

Vandy likes this

13 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

BUT

I mean I don't disagree. The talent is there. I just want Quinn to make smarter decisions in game. Know the situations. Protect your defense. We played the SB in a chip Kelly style. The defense had to defense 93 offensive plays. Wow 

dirtybird2k5 likes this

11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I hope so man, the talent is there. But It depends on the character of the team, which starts with Quinn. So far, I'm not seeing him man up and take responsibility for his part in that loss. It's on him to do that. 

Yea, that is one thing that I would like to see. . . and not try to defend those last few decisions and playcalls

Vandy likes this