Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Great American

Thoughts on 24 Legacy?

16 posts in this topic

I've seen both the premier that aired after the Super Bowl and the one on Monday night.  I have to say ... not bad.  Still developing characters and story lines but I'm all in. 

Yea, the 2nd night was better than the premiere. There seems to be about 8 different stories going on (all involving the main character). This dude has his hands full. If they can keep all of them intense, this show should be a hit. Kiefer Sutherland is involved by Exec Prod also.

17 hours ago, biloxifalcon said:

Hollywood values? Not sure what this means.

Shoveling **** onto mainstream audiences until ****'s the the easiest and most natural thing for them to digest because the networks don't trust anything their target audience hasn't seen a thousand times before. 

It's okay.  I think the premise is a little worn out.  The whole "here's a new thread in the story -- oh no!  The teacher is one of THEM?" sort of thing.

I'm watching though.  I just don't love it the way I did the original.  And I didn't love the last mini-24 they did with Jack and Chloe as much as the original.  It just seems past its time now.

sdogg likes this

One thing I do not like is how they spoil the drama of what just ended, by showing you a preview of next week.  So obviously whoever was just trapped, arrested, detained, or possibly dead gets out of said situation because I just saw them in a new scene for next week.  

I'm better at predicting the commercial breaks on 24 than I am at predicting marriage proposals on the Jerry Springer Show.

And I'm pretty **** good at predicting marriage proposals on the Jerry Springer Show, so......

1 hour ago, Nereek said:

It's ok, however my aunt was an extra in episode 2 though.

My nephew made an appearance last night in Episode 5.  I think he's in a few  upcoming.

I used to love the original 24 series... and then it went about 2 or 3 seasons too long. It was a groundbreaking show in its earlier seasons though. So yeah, I'm tuned in for 24 Legacy.

So far it's pretty cheesy and the writing is pretty sloppy. I will probably watch it until the end though unless it gets worse. There are some legitimately good angles to the story, but so far the writing has been kiddy pool shallow. I stopped watching Empire a while back for that same reason. At a certain point the suspension of disbelief simply breaks and the "surprises" become too stupid or predictable. 24 Legacy passed that point in the first episode and the police station bit just about got me to that point, but alas I am still watching lol.

notthatcool likes this

16 hours ago, Nereek said:

It's ok, however my aunt was an extra in episode 2 though.

14 hours ago, The Great American said:

My nephew made an appearance last night in Episode 5.  I think he's in a few  upcoming.

It's crazy how much their filming here in Atlanta now. I can go to so many movies now and spot friends. Had a few in the last Captain America Civil War movie

7 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

It's crazy how much their filming here in Atlanta now. I can go to so many movies now and spot friendsq. Had a few in the last Captain America Civil War movie

I was almost in Bloodcar back in early 2000's. I wasn't paying attention and walked right into a scene, I heard "CUT! GET HIM OUT OF HERE!"

On 3/1/2017 at 0:31 AM, Carter said:

So far it's pretty cheesy and the writing is pretty sloppy. I will probably watch it until the end though unless it gets worse. There are some legitimately good angles to the story, but so far the writing has been kiddy pool shallow. 

I am losing interest fast for most of the reasons you posted.  

Carter likes this

22 minutes ago, notthatcool said:

I am losing interest fast for most of the reasons you posted.  

Yeah I'm just about out... I DVR the show and I still haven't watched this week's episode. Kinda don't care either.