Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reggie_Kelly

What annoyed me about Quinn

39 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Your missing it Man.

We either play cover 1 man or cover 3 zone that's the premise of our defense.

The whole idea of us staying cover 1 for the whole game was the fact we thought we would match up better across the board.

We weren't trying to fool anyone or be tricky it was a you beat the man your guarding plain and simple.

and i actually thought the match ups were good on Quinn's part. Rocky on Edelman...Collins on Logan...Poole on Amandolea (sp?)....Neal/Campbell on Bennet...and then there was #16. we asked waaaayyy too much from the D yesterday!!! and they gave us ALL they had!!! mad props!!! and Jarrett, man!!! 

kiwifalcon likes this

So the defense got gassed because of a specific coverage? Lol no they got gassed because they got 96 **** plays ran on them. The offense should have been running the ball. 5 **** running plays in the 2nd half is the reason the defense was gassed

5 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

So the defense got gassed because of a specific coverage? Lol no they got gassed because they got 96 **** plays ran on them. The offense should have been running the ball. 5 **** running plays in the 2nd half is the reason the defense was gassed

:(

Op you don't know what you're talking about just like when you said 55 should have beat out dion Jones or that 55 would hold down the backer spot. Leave it alone. Read more post less.

All these posters are telling you the defense was on the field too long . Also someone said the pats wr should have been tired too. News flash the wr know where they are going.

Was the time of possession as bad as it seemed. I looked everywhere yesterday for that stat and couldn't find it. During the game I kept screaming at them to get a first down and let the D rest. They refused to comply. 

5 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Our pressure percentage went like this

1st qtr 60% of dropbacks

2nd qtr 42% of dropbacks

3rd qtr 25% of dropbacks

4th qtr 13% of drop backs..

i saw the chart on twitter earlier but didn't copy it. If I find it I'll post it 

Related stats:

Time of possession 40:31 vs 23:27
First downs 37 vs 17
Plays 93 vs 46
Pass attempts 63 vs 23

Our Defense was just gassed by the end of the game

SkerFalcon8710 likes this

6 hours ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

We held thr goat to 9 points through three full quarters. We got gassed because of three and outs from our offense. Plain and simple. 

This was the biggest issue. Our young defense played very hard. 

This loss is not on the Defense or DQ's playcalling. For the first time the offense this year the OFFENSE didn't get it done.

I love that we hired DQ, He has done the greatest job for a second year Coach. But please don't insult our intelligence,  every media outlet is talking about it. Our Staff blew it, don't twist or try and turn it like Pete Carroll did. We blew it and it started with the Staff. We have had a great year and human beings makes mistakes it is what it is and time heals all moods.

We were winning 28-9 with 10 minutes to go and we're going to complain about the scheme?  Further, we started playing zone when fatigue set in so yes, adjustments were made.  Bottom line is you can't have a defense on the field for 93 plays and the offense have only 46, that's the real problem...

red falcon and kschreck like this

6 hours ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

The defense ran Cover 1 man the whole **** game. The Pats would motion a receiver and see the same **** thing over and over. Quinn made no adjustments. This is why the defense got gassed and I have no frikin clue why Quinn kept running the same coverage.  Short quick passes to White, Edelman and Amendola is what won the Pats the game. 

While I see your point, the Pats won because of mismanaged offense more than any other factor.  Upon Julio's 1st down completion we had managed to take an 8 point lead, into the final minutes of the Super Bowl with a first down in field goal range.

Everything that we had done previously was to reach that point so that we could get one last score to seal the deal.  Offense, defense, and special teams had all successfully done enough to set us up for a double digit lead with little time left.

That, to me, is by far the biggest break down.   

This same thing happened in the Super

Bowl against the Seahawks. Seattle stopped Brady for the first half, the Pats made adjustments, and the second half Brady threw dart after dart to his receivers, and DQ never switched the looks.

You have to be ready to adjust against the Pats, because they're going to. I know the defense was gassed, but we could have mixed in some zone to at least try and disguise it at the snap.

(PS: Not a single blitz in the second half. I know Brady is great against the blitz, but he also seemed pretty automatic against what we were running.)

There was a point where the defense was on the field for 31 minutes and had held them to 9 (12?) points. They played their hearts out, this was on the offense and their lack of execution.

Edited by Malachore