Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reggie_Kelly

What annoyed me about Quinn

39 posts in this topic

The defense ran Cover 1 man the whole **** game. The Pats would motion a receiver and see the same **** thing over and over. Quinn made no adjustments. This is why the defense got gassed and I have no frikin clue why Quinn kept running the same coverage.  Short quick passes to White, Edelman and Amendola is what won the Pats the game. 

9 minutes ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

The defense ran Cover 1 man the whole **** game. The Pats would motion a receiver and see the same **** thing over and over. Quinn made no adjustments. This is why the defense got gassed and I have no frikin clue why Quinn kept running the same coverage.  Short quick passes to White, Edelman and Amendola is what won the Pats the game. 

I don't know if you watched the Steelers game or not, but zone coverage didn't seem like much of an option.

He's not upset about anything....Does he know what happened to Mike Smith here?

It was never the same after 2012 lossto The 49ers... Never the same for him.

You let your Coordinators ruin your chance at a Championship!!!!!!

All those slogans won't count--if they win a Super Bowl in other franchises, but destroy your own chance!

Why did Shanahan not run the ball more?

He's content, and complacent with that publicly?

Edited by Rise
Jailbreak Blitz likes this

1 minute ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

We held thr goat to 9 points through three full quarters. We got gassed because of three and outs from our offense. Plain and simple. 

I was about to type this exact thing.. that cover 1 killed the patriots for 3 qtrs.. when our offense stalled our defense did what we knew they would do.. got tired. You cannot ask a world class sprinter to run a 100m dash then turn around and expect him to run a 10k and compete with the best in the world 

4 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I don't know if you watched the Steelers game or not, but zone coverage didn't seem like much of an option.

Steelers did nto seem to want to win either....

They only rushed three DL, and dropped everyone elsse into zone coverage..Like the Falcons last night, they could not tackle the overrated Patriots WRs.....comical.

2 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I was about to type this exact thing.. that cover 1 killed the patriots for 3 qtrs.. when our offense stalled our defense did what we knew they would do.. got tired. You cannot ask a world class sprinter to run a 100m dash then turn around and expect him to run a 10k and compete with the best in the world 

The Patriots WRs should've became tired too.....The Falcons secondary stopped The Packers WR

Ausibles or not, Ryan disappeared...and Shanahan.....nevermind...

12 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

We held thr goat to 9 points through three full quarters. We got gassed because of three and outs from our offense. Plain and simple. 

Cover 1 worked because of the pressure that was created. In cover 1 the D-line must create pressure for it to work well.. this did not work in the second half. You dont run the same coverage the whole game and expect the Pats to not counter it. When the D-line couldnt create pressure, Brady torched the secondary. Quinn made no adjustments and late when his defense was gassed.. he rushed 3 defenders. That is bad coaching. 

Deion Jones and Neal played 99 freakin snaps. Beasley played 71 - he normally plays around 40. Cats were tired. I cant blame the defense on this one.

1st and 10 on the 22. Run the ball. Let the clock run and make NE call their time outs. Kick the FG. Game over! Case closed. If there is anything to pissed at Quinn about, its not vetoing some of the calls Shanahan was making late in the fourth.

6 minutes ago, Rise said:

The Patriots WRs should've became tired too.....The Falcons secondary stopped The Packers WR

Ausibles or not, Ryan disappeared...and Shanahan.....nevermind...

There dictating terms though Bro.

Our defense was on its heels in the end and the fact they got killed in ToP and offensive plays killed off our defenses effectiveness.

1 minute ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

Cover 1 worked because of the pressure that was created. In cover 1 the D-line must create pressure for it to work well.. this did not work in the second half. You dont run the same coverage the whole game and expect the Pats to not counter it. When the D-line couldnt create pressure, Brady torched the secondary. Quinn made no adjustments and late when his defense was gassed.. he rushed 3 defenders. That is bad coaching. 

What do you suggest man we were either cover 1 or cover 3 zone that's been our defense all year.What do you suggest?

Of course the d-line needs to get pressure but yesterday they got let down by the other side of the ball plain and simple if you ask me the defense did there job.

ShmevinShmarris likes this

Lol instead of just saying "it didn't work" look at why it didn't work. Even if we switch up and run cover three we're still going to get gashed ala exactly what happened to the steelers. We don't have the depth at the defensive line that we want. Clayborn and Shellby being injured hurts. 

4 minutes ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

If you're not getting pressure then it doesn't matter what coverage you run, Tom Brady's going to carve you up. We didn't get pressure because of the offense, not the coverage we were in. 

It's actually silly how hard it was to choke this game.

Alford had a clean pick but he knocked it up instead of just grabbing it out of the air and it results in a miracle catch for Edelman (I havent dared to rewatch the game but that's what it looked like live and still shots show that too).

But yeah the defense was tired. Our offense didn't touch the ball from 8 minutes in the second quarter until the beginning of the third. Then they didn't do **** all second half. Gotta give New England credit for one thing... their third down defense was unreal for the most part. I want to say our only third down conversion through the air was the Hooper TD? 

Im not blaming the defense ya'll.  I know they were tired at the end. But im talking about running the same coverage over and over. Ya'll dont think that Brady doesn't recognize this? They motioned a receiver for a reason. I expected Quinn to make an adjustment in coverage or switch it up.. but he didn't. 

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

First half of the season when the zones were getting shredded everyone was screaming for man coverage. Now this.

Nobody can be happy lol just ignorance everywhere 

3 minutes ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

Im not blaming the defense ya'll.  I know they were tired at the end. But im talking about running the same coverage over and over. Ya'll dont think that Brady doesn't recognize this? They motioned a receiver for a reason. I expected Quinn to make an adjustment in coverage or switch it up.. but he didn't. 

Because he didn't need to, our defense was playing extremely well until they were so tired that it didn't matter anymore. The Pats shred zones all the time, man was the right call, just like it was during the Packers game. If they're motioning guys they can tell what coverage we're in anyway, so it's kind of a moot point.

Your missing it Man.

We either play cover 1 man or cover 3 zone that's the premise of our defense.

The whole idea of us staying cover 1 for the whole game was the fact we thought we would match up better across the board.

We weren't trying to fool anyone or be tricky it was a you beat the man your guarding plain and simple.

2 minutes ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

That's the way the scheme has always been. It's a single high shell. It's never been a secret and they never attempted to make it one. It's either going to be cover 1 or cover 3.

Tom Brady has been playing at he highest level for 17 seasons. There's not a coverage in the book, or disguise that he hasn't seen.

You don't beat elite quarterbacks by trying to rely on tricking them.

red falcon likes this

Losing Clayborn and Shelby (and then Reed) was huge. If we'd had a fresher rotation...being on the field for a hundred players will gas you, but even just ONE extra stop and we're hoisting that Lombardi. 

:(

red falcon likes this

1 hour ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

yes sir!! exactly!! that simple...even then tho...run the phuckin' ball!!!!