Unkn0wn

Braves Spring Training

369 posts in this topic

One bullpen arm down. Braves voided the contract of Jordan Walden because his rehab isn't where they would like it.

Mark Bowman takes a crack at predicting the 25 man roster

C: Flowers, Suzuki

1B: Freeman

2B: Rodriguez, Peterson

3B: Garcia

SS: Swanson, d'Arnaud

OF: Kemp, Inciarte, Markakis, Bonifacio

Bullpen: Johnson, Viz, Krol, Cabrera, Ramirez, Paco, Collmenter, Boyer

Rotation: Teheran, Colon, Garcia, Dickey, Folty

He predicted the Braves trade Chaz Roe since he's out of options. AJ Minter he suspects will start in the minors and then be called up after a couple of months. He also predicts Rodriguez will be the everyday 2B over Jace. 

23 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

He predicted the Braves trade Chaz Roe since he's out of options. AJ Minter he suspects will start in the minors and then be called up after a couple of months. He also predicts Rodriguez will be the everyday 2B over Jace. 

:munch:

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Bonifacio? Really? UGH!!

29 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

:lol:

You knew it would happen. I just don't understand what the Braves see in fast little guys that play the outfield and can't hit? Willie Harris, Gregor Blanco, Jordan Schafer, Jose Constanza, Emilio Bonifacio, ect.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You knew it would happen. I just don't understand what the Braves see in fast little guys that play the outfield and can't hit? Willie Harris, Gregor Blanco, Jordan Schafer, Jose Constanza, Emilio Bonifacio, ect.

Yes, yes I did.. can't disagree.. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Just now, Bdawg58 said:

But why? As long as we don't give up any top tier propects I can deal with it

Can't say that I'm happy about this news but Braves are better with Rodriguez at 3B and Phillips at 2B than Garcia at 3B and Rodriguez at 2B .

I agree but this just says they don't think Albies is either ready or healed enough. I just wonder what changed for Phillips since he vetoed the first trade

4 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I agree but this just says they don't think Albies is either ready or healed enough. I just wonder what changed for Phillips since he vetoed the first trade

Apparently Sean Rodriguez needs major shoulder surgery as a result of his car wreck. That's the driving force behind this move, not Albies.

1 minute ago, Bdawg58 said:

Ok, that makes sense... but still makes me wonder why Phillips says yes now.

Maybe his family finally convinced him to come back home.

This makes me feel really good about this trade. Phillips had a solid year last and has always been a very good fielder. How he meshes in the locker room is the next question 

5 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

This makes me feel really good about this trade. Phillips had a solid year last and has always been a very good fielder. How he meshes in the locker room is the next question 

Phillips is a great glove man with a below average bat. That's the way he has always been. He's had exactly 2 seasons with the bat that were great. The rest have been average to below average. As far as locker room goes? He's a tremendous locker room guy. A "great teammate" as they say.

Bdawg58 likes this

For basically nothing and Cincy paying him I'm fine with it. Allows Rodriguez to be the super utility he's so good at.