falconfanEST1989

Not Taking away from NE D... But

57 posts in this topic

They might have the Number 1 score defense, but seriously who have they played that pops out, where you would say wow, they shut those guys out....      or offense has played  4 games agains top 10 scoring def, 5 games against top 10 total def,  5 games agains top 10 passing def, and 8 games agains top 10 rushing def.

the pats defense has played 3 games against top 10 total off,  

4 games against top 10 passing off ( gave up 281 landry jones, 348 russ wilson 271 carson palmer, 314 big ben afccg)

5 games agains top 10 rushing off ( gave up peanuts first mia game, 80 L Miller, 86 hyde, 59 ajai, 86 L miller afcdg)

they have played 1 game agains a top 10 score off who was Cardinals first game     they were 6th in total scoring this year and the Pats gave up 21 pts

i hate hearing the "experts" talk about total #1 def scoring vs #1 scoring offense without bringing up opponents, since we don't have the "experience"

The same exact argument could be used against the Falcons offense. The Falcons have feasted upon crappy defenses all year long. The only time you guys faced a decent defense that I can see were versus Denver, Seattle (regular season), Philly and KC and each time you were held in the 20's for points scored. 

When you faced Seattle in the post-season they were missing Earl Thomas and exploited for it.

Just now, mc said:

You are kidding right. 2nd hardest defense schedule. Try again.

I'm a little confused...

Buccs, Panthers and Saints twice... all have terrible defenses this season.

Then you faced Raiders, Chargers, Packers, Cardinals, Rams, 49ers.... all terrible defenses as well.. lol

Am I missing something?

9 minutes ago, GronkZilla said:

The same exact argument could be used against the Falcons offense. The Falcons have feasted upon crappy defenses all year long. The only time you guys faced a decent defense that I can see were versus Denver, Seattle (regular season), Philly and KC and each time you were held in the 20's for points scored. 

When you faced Seattle in the post-season they were missing Earl Thomas and exploited for it.

The difference is (if that's the argument you want to make)  that we faced our "easy defenses" and turned in the 7th most points in NFL history. 

Patriots have faced the easiest offenses all year and where do they rank all time in points allowed? I'm asking since I sincerely don't know. 

The truth of the matter is that we played (then at the time) the #1 defense 3 times this season. 

Edited by ShmevinShmarris

Just now, Falx said:

Sure, regardless of how ineffective that would be.

So why is the argument against the Patriots defense any better? Falcons have literally played trash defenses except for the four I mentioned. I'm not here to troll, I'm just stating that people keep bringing up the Patriots soft schedule for their defense (which I actually agree with). But I'm just saying... except for the four teams I mentioned, what defense is good? lol

Just now, ShmevinShmarris said:

The difference is (if that's the argument you want to make)  that we faced our "easy defenses" and turned in the 7th most points in NFL history. 

Patriots have faced the easiest offenses all year and where do they rank all time in points allowed? I'm asking since I sincerely don't know. 

The game is geared towards the offense these days, defense isn't what it used to be so "all time" defense numbers don't hold as much water as they did back in the days of the '00 Ravens

ShmevinShmarris likes this

Just now, GronkZilla said:

The game is geared towards the offense these days, defense isn't what it used to be so "all time" defense numbers don't hold as much water as they did back in the days of the '00 Ravens

That's a fair point to make. But it would also be fair to say that Bill has never faced an offense like ours since these rule changes came about. 

3 minutes ago, GronkZilla said:

So why is the argument against the Patriots defense any better? Falcons have literally played trash defenses except for the four I mentioned. I'm not here to troll, I'm just stating that people keep bringing up the Patriots soft schedule for their defense (which I actually agree with). But I'm just saying... except for the four teams I mentioned, what defense is good? lol

How many Falcons games (both regular season and post) did you watch beginning to end?

4 minutes ago, GronkZilla said:

I'm a little confused...

Then you faced Raiders, Chargers, Packers, Cardinals, Rams, 49ers.... all terrible defenses as well.. lol

Am I missing something?

woah there the rams cardinal were top 10 total defense this year, their offense was trash,  chargers were 16th , then denver, sea x2 KC ... just saying we are way more battle tested this year then your pats who played 10 games against the last 7teams in stats for total offense ,  

1 minute ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

That's a fair point to make. But it would also be fair to say that Bill has never faced an offense like ours since these rule changes came about. 

I would agree with that, but I would counter to say that the Patriots offense is pretty comparable to the Falcons offense. If it wasn't for Gronk going down earlier this season we would probably be closer to your #1 offense if not push you for the spot itself. Even sans-Gronk we are still the #3 offense in the league. Our defense gets to practice against that offense every day so it's not like they have never seen a good offense.

2 minutes ago, Falx said:

How many Falcons games (both regular season and post) did you watch beginning to end?

How is that relevant? Would me watching all Falcons games start to finish change the fact that they have played cupcake defenses for 3/4 of the season?

1 minute ago, GronkZilla said:

I would agree with that, but I would counter to say that the Patriots offense is pretty comparable to the Falcons offense. If it wasn't for Gronk going down earlier this season we would probably be closer to your #1 offense if not push you for the spot itself. Even sans-Gronk we are still the #3 offense in the league. Our defense gets to practice against that offense every day so it's not like they have never seen a good offense.

i agree with your offense     i think they are extremely good,   not taking that away.   i was just making the point that our offense is more game ready for a tough defense than your defense is against a tough offense..  practice is different, we have the best WR in the game to practice against but can't cover opposing wr very well lol...

2 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

woah there the rams cardinal were top 10 total defense this year, their offense was trash,  chargers were 16th , then denver, sea x2 KC ... just saying we are way more battle tested this year then your pats who played 10 games against the last 7teams in stats for total offense ,  

By no means does anyone consider the Chargers, Cardinals or Rams a tough task to face this season. The Cards are no where near what they were last season, neither are the Rams. Chargers you even stated yourself are middle-of-the pack.

Listen I'm not knocking your offense, they are elite. But to come out and say Patriots defense hasn't played anybody and not acknowledge that the Falcons offense hasn't exactly had a tough road either is a bit hypocritical. 

How is that relevant? Would me watching all Falcons games start to finish change the fact that they have played cupcake defenses for 3/4 of the season?

Sure would. You wouldn't have said the above bolded. A lot more to games than the records and schedules you see on NFL ESPN.

18 minutes ago, GronkZilla said:

I'm a little confused...

Am I missing something?

Tell that to the experts them. Cause I swear every time we were playing **** near every team you name had the number one defense at the time We played them.

Am I missing something???

Oh yea

RISE UP!!!!

Edited by GATXBOI

6 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

i agree with your offense     i think they are extremely good,   not taking that away.   i was just making the point that our offense is more game ready for a tough defense than your defense is against a tough offense..  practice is different, we have the best WR in the game to practice against but can't cover opposing wr very well lol...

I could almost agree with that, but we were hearing that same thing before the Steelers game... It's like it's always someone doubting the defense and then they go out and perform and then that performance gets discounted and it's all about "wait till you face x team or y team". Patriots just line up and keep facing who is next on the schedule and they tend to play very well.

Edited by GronkZilla

1 minute ago, GronkZilla said:

By no means does anyone consider the Chargers, Cardinals or Rams a tough task to face this season. The Cards are no where near what they were last season, neither are the Rams. Chargers you even stated yourself are middle-of-the pack.

Listen I'm not knocking your offense, they are elite. But to come out and say Patriots defense hasn't played anybody and not acknowledge that the Falcons offense hasn't exactly had a tough road either is a bit hypocritical. 

then answer the question,       what team has the Pats played this year that would make you say that defense got its moneys worth, then look at the falcons and ask the same question..     I'm not knocking your defense, they are a product of Bill Belichick, my beef is with the Media making it look like the Pats will completely shut this team down when they haven't played anyone like us all year,       

4 minutes ago, GronkZilla said:

I could almost agree with that, but we were hearing that same thing before the Steelers game... It's like it's always someone doubting the defense and then they go out and perform and then that performance gets discounted and it's all about "wait till you face x team or y team". Patriots just line up and keep facing who is next on the schedule and they tend to play very well.

i think i might be in the minority here,    the Steelers were so overrated this year..    i knew y'all would smoke those bums,     then when bell went down it was game...          i don't think the steelers scared anyone this year. and even with that said Big ben still put up 300 + passing and AB had 70 something,     they were stupid as heII on defense tho     god knows we won't play that soft

Edited by falconfanEST1989

Lol hey man, a team having a losing record doesn't mean their defense isn't good. This applies to Arizona in a major way. Their defense was still statistically very good...problem was their offense turned the ball over a ton which is why their team was bad. Second best defense as far as yards given up. Also DEN, SEA, KC, PHI. We played good defenses this year. According to DVOA we played 4 of the top 5....y'all aren't one of them 

Tim Mazetti and Slappywhite like this

Just curious, but how do you get that they haven't played anyone? A simple Google search will show you that the Falcons faced the second hardest schedule of opposing defenses. You'll also see that the Pats faced the easiest schedule of opposing offenses. I have a feeling yous guys are in for quite a shock Sunday.

1 minute ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

then answer the question,       what team has the Pats played this year that would make you say that defense got its moneys worth, then look at the falcons and ask the same question..     I'm not knocking your defense, they are a product of Bill Belichick, my beef is with the Media making it look like the Pats will completely shut this team down when they haven't played anyone like us all year,       

The Patriots won't be able to "shut the Falcons down". Media likes to just drum up conversation you know? Like I said earlier, I actually agree that the Pats defense has had a softer schedule this season so the stats saying they are #1 is probably not an accurate representation. But they are still a very good defense even if they aren't the best defense like the Media talking heads are bobbing on about.

Regardless, if anyone thinks that either defense is going to "shut down" the other they are just drinking the kool-aid. There are going to be a lot of points scored in this one and the defense that is able to make a few extra plays to stop a drive or two will probably win. 

Lets say the Patriots realistically have an "above average" defense, I like the chances of that above average defense getting a critical stop on the #1 offense just as much as probably you like the chances of your "average" defense to get a stop on the #3 offense.

Tim Mazetti, Jy23 and Slappywhite like this

8 minutes ago, GronkZilla said:

The Patriots won't be able to "shut the Falcons down". Media likes to just drum up conversation you know? Like I said earlier, I actually agree that the Pats defense has had a softer schedule this season so the stats saying they are #1 is probably not an accurate representation. But they are still a very good defense even if they aren't the best defense like the Media talking heads are bobbing on about.

Regardless, if anyone thinks that either defense is going to "shut down" the other they are just drinking the kool-aid. There are going to be a lot of points scored in this one and the defense that is able to make a few extra plays to stop a drive or two will probably win. 

Lets say the Patriots realistically have an "above average" defense, I like the chances of that above average defense getting a critical stop on the #1 offense just as much as probably you like the chances of your "average" defense to get a stop on the #3 offense.

very well said.... my beef isn't with Pats,  you just have to realize that us Falcons fans are so tired of the disrespect this team gets no matter how well we do..  i agree   I'm more worried about being up by 4 with 1 min to go and Brady having the ball, but that score would be 42-38 lol... not 21-17

Edited by falconfanEST1989