• Ivan Rodriguez - 76.0
  • Trevor Hoffman - 74.0
  • Vladimir Guerrero - 71.7
  • Edgar Martinez - 58.6
  • Roger Clemens - 54.1
  • Barry Bonds - 53.8
  • Mike Mussina - 51.8
  • Curt Schilling - 45.0
  • Lee Smith - 34.2 (Final Year on ballot)
  • Manny Ramirez - 24.0
  • Larry Walker - 21.9
  • Fred McGriff - 21.7
  • Jeff Kent - 16.7
  • Gary Sheffield - 13.3
  • Billy Wagner - 10.2
  • Sammy Sosa - 8.6
  • Jorge Posada - 3.8
  • Magglio Ordonez - 0.7
  • Jason Varitek - 0.5
  • Edgar Renteria - 0.5
  • Tim Wakefield - 0.2
  • Casey Blake - 0.0
  • Pat Burrell - 0.0
  • Orlando Cabrera - 0.0
  • Mike Cameron - 0.0
  • J.D. Drew - 0.0
  • Carlos Guillen - 0.0
  • Derrek Lee - 0.0
  • Melvin Mora - 0.0
  • Arthur Rhodes - 0.0
  • Freddy Sanchez - 0.0
  • Matt Stairs - 0.0

All below 5% fall off the ballot for next year.

How does Jorge Posada fall off the ballot after only 1 year? I didn't expect him to get elected, but still . . .

Pudge OPS: .798, Posada OPS: .848

Crowded ballot cost Posada those few votes that knocked him off the ballot. Writers are limited to 10 votes. A lot of them were vocal about the difficulty picking just 10.

3 hours ago, The Kingfish said:

How does Jorge Posada fall off the ballot after only 1 year? I didn't expect him to get elected, but still . . .

Pudge OPS: .798, Posada OPS: .848

I don't know, I just don't think HOF when I think of Jorge Posada's career. I mean, yes he was a big part of those World Series winning Yankees teams, but I just don't think HOF with him. I never felt like I was watching greatness when I watched him play so I'm not disappointed that he fell of the ballot after just one year.

27 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't know, I just don't think HOF when I think of Jorge Posada's career. I mean, yes he was a big part of those World Series winning Yankees teams, but I just don't think HOF with him. I never felt like I was watching greatness when I watched him play so I'm not disappointed that he fell of the ballot after just one year.

He deserved a more thorough vetting than he got though. Same with Kevin Brown, Kenny Lofton, and some other bizarre one-and-dones lately. I blame the 10-check limit and the desire of a handful of writers to turn the Hall of Fame ballot into a moral crusade.

5 minutes ago, K26dp said:

He deserved a more thorough vetting than he got though. Same with Kevin Brown, Kenny Lofton, and some other bizarre one-and-dones lately. I blame the 10-check limit and the desire of a handful of writers to turn the Hall of Fame ballot into a moral crusade.

Does it suck that he's 1 and done? Sure. Am I gonna cry about it like some folks are doing? Nope.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Does it suck that he's 1 and done? Sure. Am I gonna cry about it like some folks are doing? Nope.

Okay. 

These players will be added to the 2018 ballot

Chipper Jones, Jim Thome, Scott Rolen, Andruw Jones, Johan Santana , Johnny Damon , Carlos Zambrano, Jamie Moyer, Omar Vizquel, Chris Carpenter, Livan Hernandez, Orlando Hudson, Kevin Millwood, Kerry Wood, Carlos Lee, Ben Sheets, Jack Wilson, Aubrey Huff, Hideki Matsui , Adam Kennedy, Jeff Suppan, Carl Pavano, Francisco Cordero, Miguel Bautista, Jason Isringhausen, Brian Fuentes, Brad Lidge, Scott Podsednik and Guillermo Mota. 

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

These players will be added to the 2018 ballot

Chipper Jones, Jim Thome, Scott Rolen, Andruw Jones, Johan Santana , Johnny Damon , Carlos Zambrano, Jamie Moyer, Omar Vizquel, Chris Carpenter, Livan Hernandez, Orlando Hudson, Kevin Millwood, Kerry Wood, Carlos Lee, Ben Sheets, Jack Wilson, Aubrey Huff, Hideki Matsui , Adam Kennedy, Jeff Suppan, Carl Pavano, Francisco Cordero, Miguel Bautista, Jason Isringhausen, Brian Fuentes, Brad Lidge, Scott Podsednik and Guillermo Mota. 

Here's my guesses at guys that will be 1-and-done

• Orlando Hudson
  • Kevin Millwood
  • Jack Wilson
  • Aubrey Huff
  • Adam Kennedy
  • Jeff Suppan
  • Carl Pavano
  • Francisco Cordero
  • Miguel Bautista
  • Jason Isringhausen
  • Brian Fuentes
  • Brad Lidge
  • Scott Podsednik
  • Guillermo Mota

I don't believe Carlos Lee, Kerry Wood, Ben Sheets, Carlos Zambrano, Johnny Damon, Johan Santana, Chris Carpenter or Livan Hernandez are hall of famers but they will probably get enough votes to reach the 5% mark.

Chipper is a lock and Thome should be but I don't know how he's viewed by the writers.

Scott Rolen, Andruw and Omar Vizquel are iffy to me. I can see cases for and against all 3.

Some of those guys won't get past the ballot committee. For example, Javier Vazquez didn't get on this year's ballot. With 20 guys coming off the ballot (3 voted in, 16 dropping off, 1 aging off), that leaves 9 from Unknown's list that won't make it onto the ballot.

As for my thoughts, of this class I believe Chipper, Andruw, Thome, and Rolen are HoF worthy. I don't think Rolen will get a lot of attention at first because he'll be overshadowed by Chipper and Thome, but I can see a slow-roll Raineseque ascent for him.

Johan Santana has a very interesting case in that his peak value was really, really strong. I don't think he'll make it because his career was too short to accumulate enough counting stats, but he may be an interesting discussion.

After coming so close this year, Vlad and Hoffman will almost certainly get in for 2018. Add Chipper and that's a solid three-man class. Thome may go too, but my gut says he may have to way a year or two. Bonds, Clemens, and Mussina will get close to 70% and go in for 2019 when the incoming class is weaker.

Falconsfan567 likes this

5 minutes ago, K26dp said:

As for my thoughts, of this class I believe Chipper, Andruw, Thome, and Rolen are HoF worthy. I don't think Rolen will get a lot of attention at first because he'll be overshadowed by Chipper and Thome, but I can see a slow-roll Raineseque ascent for him.

Johan Santana has a very interesting case in that his peak value was really, really strong. I don't think he'll make it because his career was too short to accumulate enough counting stats, but he may be an interesting discussion.

After coming so close this year, Vlad and Hoffman will almost certainly get in for 2018. Add Chipper and that's a solid three-man class. Thome may go too, but my gut says he may have to way a year or two. Bonds, Clemens, and Mussina will get close to 70% and go in for 2019 when the incoming class is weaker.

Johan Santana's case is a lot like Dale Murphy's case. A great peak but it didn't last long enough and the voters will hold that against him like they did with Murphy. I totally agree though. I think Andruw and Rolen eventually get in but they'll have to wait a while. Bob Costas said last night that he thinks Thome makes it first go around but I'm not so sure. But anything less than Hoffman, Vlad and Chipper for next year would be a stunner.

I got Chipper, Hoffman, Vlad and Thome next year. Andruw might get in but I think it will take him a few tries.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Johan Santana's case is a lot like Dale Murphy's case. A great peak but it didn't last long enough and the voters will hold that against him like they did with Murphy. I totally agree though. I think Andruw and Rolen eventually get in but they'll have to wait a while. Bob Costas said last night that he thinks Thome makes it first go around but I'm not so sure. But anything less than Hoffman, Vlad and Chipper for next year would be a stunner.

Santana's case is also a lot like Sandy Koufax's if you want to go the other way.

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

Santana's case is also a lot like Sandy Koufax's if you want to go the other way.

I have never taken the time to look up Sandy Koufax's career.

50 minutes ago, Ransack said:

How did Billy Wagner only get 10.2%?

Because there were just too many names on the ballot this year. He'll probably top out around 40-45%. Highly doubt he ever makes it. I did look it up just now, Wagner got the same number of votes this year as last year, 45.