Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SyCo

How have the Packers done in PPG against their opponents since "run the table"

17 posts in this topic

First number is the team's points per game average, second is what they scored on the packers. These are the games played since "run the table"

Cowboys- 26, 31

Giants- 19, 13

Lions- 21, 24

Vikings- 20, 25

Bears- 17, 27

Seahawks- 22, 10

Texans 17, 13

Eagles 23, 13

Without knowing what happened in these games, it looks like their defense got it together for a few weeks before slipping a little. the Eagles game, they held a pretty average offense below their season average by a good margin, again I'm not sure what happened here, but this comes after losing two in a row giving up 40+ points to the redskins and the titans...the titans ffs. and we all probably saw the Giants game where all the receivers were on cruise control and couldnt catch a boat at the marina. The only way we dont score 40 points on these guys is if we have a 3 score lead in the 4th quarter.

First number is the team's defensive points per game, second is what the packers scored on them

Cowboys-19, 31

Giants-17, 38

Lions-22, 31

Vikings-19, 38

Bears-25, 30

Seahawks-18, 38

Texans-21, 21

Eagles-21, 27

yikes.

We need our D to play at a level never reached by any man before, and as soon as they reach that level, they need to start looking for a ladder. I dont want to see Mr. Miracle and his gang of holding lineman driving down the field in a one score game with a minute to go. I want to see the run stop in Atlanta, and I want someone to smash the table over the packer's heads. 

It's the NFCG. Ain't nobody trash still sticking around. These guys are a really good football team. Nobody is talking about how disruptive their DLine was against us week 8. That can ruin an entire offense. Yal keep sleeping on these dudes man like they're just going to let us score because we are the Falcons. I'm telling ya  they're gonna come to play. If we aren't on our stuff we could quickly fall behind which is what happened to the Cowboys. When it's all said and done, there are 4 teams still standing, ain't nothing going to be easy going forward. You won't see us win comfortably if we do win. We are going to be in for a fight even if we play our A+ game because that's just what time of year it is. 

If you think for one second we are just on a whole 'nother level than these dudes by merit of regular season numbers then you are kidding yourself. It's sudden death right now, win or go home. They have been in that mindset now for 2 months. They have the killer instinct that Seattle lacked all year long. They are not about to lay down for us. 

I think we have a chance for sure. But this ain't like last week. These are 2 completely different animals. We're about to face a rabid pit bull on Saturday. They coming to f*ck sh*t up. 

We have to be ready for a dogfight

59 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

It's the NFCG. Ain't nobody trash still sticking around. These guys are a really good football team. Nobody is talking about how disruptive their DLine was against us week 8. That can ruin an entire offense. Yal keep sleeping on these dudes man like they're just going to let us score because we are the Falcons. I'm telling ya  they're gonna come to play. If we aren't on our stuff we could quickly fall behind which is what happened to the Cowboys. When it's all said and done, there are 4 teams still standing, ain't nothing going to be easy going forward. You won't see us win comfortably if we do win. We are going to be in for a fight even if we play our A+ game because that's just what time of year it is. 

If you think for one second we are just on a whole 'nother level than these dudes by merit of regular season numbers then you are kidding yourself. It's sudden death right now, win or go home. They have been in that mindset now for 2 months. They have the killer instinct that Seattle lacked all year long. They are not about to lay down for us. 

I think we have a chance for sure. But this ain't like last week. These are 2 completely different animals. We're about to face a rabid pit bull on Saturday. They coming to f*ck sh*t up. 

Yup, this. 

A-a-ron wants to cement his legacy and the rest of the team is hungry. We need to come in going ******* crazy and not let up till the clock hits :00.

59 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

Didn't have Coleman last game, and the GB secondary is trash- they have 3 street FAs back there. Pack Dline won't get to Ryan enough to make a difference. 

And, last game, Falcons went to man to man in the second half and held Rodgers to 8 points. Got a late fourth quarter turnover on downs when the pack needed a FG to win. D has gotten better.

And Rodgers has had his share of clunkers in the playoffs.

Falcons should win.

PokerSteve likes this

2 hours ago, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

First number is the team's points per game average, second is what they scored on the packers. These are the games played since "run the table"

Cowboys- 26, 31

Giants- 19, 13

Lions- 21, 24

Vikings- 20, 25

Bears- 17, 27

Seahawks- 22, 10

Texans 17, 13

Eagles 23, 13

Without knowing what happened in these games, it looks like their defense got it together for a few weeks before slipping a little. the Eagles game, they held a pretty average offense below their season average by a good margin, again I'm not sure what happened here, but this comes after losing two in a row giving up 40+ points to the redskins and the titans...the titans ffs. and we all probably saw the Giants game where all the receivers were on cruise control and couldnt catch a boat at the marina. The only way we dont score 40 points on these guys is if we have a 3 score lead in the 4th quarter.

First number is the team's defensive points per game, second is what the packers scored on them

Cowboys-19, 31

Giants-17, 38

Lions-22, 31

Vikings-19, 38

Bears-25, 30

Seahawks-18, 38

Texans-21, 21

Eagles-21, 27

yikes.

We need our D to play at a level never reached by any man before, and as soon as they reach that level, they need to start looking for a ladder. I dont want to see Mr. Miracle and his gang of holding lineman driving down the field in a one score game with a minute to go. I want to see the run stop in Atlanta, and I want someone to smash the table over the packer's heads. 

honestly, I don't care if they score 35 points, as long as we score at LEAST 36, which we can do. same for the superbowl, JUST WIN BABY!

40 minutes ago, papachaz said:

honestly, I don't care if they score 35 points, as long as we score at LEAST 36, which we can do. same for the superbowl, JUST WIN BABY!

Well i hope its.not that close because my nerves couldn't take it...and I'm sure I would far from alone lol

I think dawg has a good point about automatically assuming we will score at will or that we will be able to contain rodgers and the Packers because of their perceived weaknesses. They have in fact been in playoff mode for 8 weeks now and the fact they keep winning means that despite their weaknesses they are able to overcome them time and time again.Plus, As good as the falcons are there has been times where we didn't play up to our standard or up to what was needed against inferior and flawed opponents.

Athough it's nice to have confidence in your team, it's best not to go overboard because not only is it not wise, you set yourself up for potentially far worse heartache if things don't go the way you expect. And I already know I probably wouldn't be able to sleep for a week if things go badly..which is why I'm trying to keep my expectations in check. 

Although i truly feel we probably do win and we have the potential to win by a bigger margin than many expect...it's far from guaranteed that's for sure and I won't allow myself to think it's even close to likely so i won't go really nuts and go without sleep until the next season lol

Edited by diehardfalconsfan
papachaz and Internetallstar like this

2 hours ago, LightningDawg58 said:

I 100% agree.

Out of those mentioned Teams... .Which Offense is good enough? Dallas puts 31 on them. 

So I'd say that our Offense has to WIN it but Defense would have 2-3 stops for sure

I'm not superstitious so stating the facts doesn't bother me...Atlanta has the better team, period.  Could we still get beat, yes.  But, I feel if we do it will be our mistakes and our own doing not that Green Bay was more talented or more dominate.  We just need to do our thing which is mistake free, high flying, fast and in your face football. 

Gosh man, our speed alone must be a factored in.   

Edited by nomak

2 hours ago, LightningDawg58 said:

And you know what I was thinking about too? We're down to the final four right? Look at the history of the other three teams still standing (Packers, Steelers, & Patriots). How many Lombardi trophies do these three teams have combined? 14? 15? This Falcons team has truly arrived to a place they've never been before. And like Tony Gonzalez said this morning, I think this is our year to finally get one.

3 hours ago, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

Cowboys- 26, 31

Giants- 19, 13

Lions- 21, 24

Vikings- 20, 25

Bears- 17, 27

Seahawks- 22, 10

Texans 17, 13

Eagles 23, 13

Cowboys-19, 31

Giants-17, 38

Lions-22, 31

Vikings-19, 38

Bears-25, 30

Seahawks-18, 38

Texans-21, 21

Eagles-21, 27

yikes.

I like this analysis.  Very helpful.

7 minutes ago, wizeone said:

And you know what I was thinking about too? We're down to the final four right? Look at the history of the other three teams still standing (Packers, Steelers, & Patriots). How many Lombardi trophies do these three teams have combined? 14? 15? This Falcons team has truly arrived to a place they've never been before. And like Tony Gonzalez said this morning, I think this is our year to finally get one.

The other three teams are pretty much NFL royalty, and yet I'm not really hearing anyone talking about how the Falcons don't belong.  Instead, I keep hearing how it could be the best final four in a while, and maybe ever.  Of course that's the hype machine doing what it does, but still, I don't see how people can say the Falcons are not getting respect.

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Didn't have Coleman last game, and the GB secondary is trash- they have 3 street FAs back there. Pack Dline won't get to Ryan enough to make a difference. 

And, last game, Falcons went to man to man in the second half and held Rodgers to 8 points. Got a late fourth quarter turnover on downs when the pack needed a FG to win. D has gotten better.

And Rodgers has had his share of clunkers in the playoffs.

Falcons should win.

Agree. I have to give Rodgers his props. He has been throwing the ball like Billy The Kid or Wyatt Earp in a six-week gunfight, hel-for-leather and right on the money in the clutch. Having said that, I don't believe he can beat the Falcon D by himself, and I know that Packer D can not hang with our offense.

Their offensive and defensive stats for the year are close to ours, but we're just hitting our stride, especially this defense. It will probably be a fairly close game, but when the dust settles Sunday evening, the Green Bay Packers will be heading home losers.

3 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

I don't understand why you're all so worried. Yes they have a good offense but ours is better. And their defense is trash. Ours is good. 

The only way we lose this game is if we cut our own legs off.

raw

I mean, I'm always gonna be the skeptic just because I think that's been the case before.  That and Rodgers typically plays well against us.