Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BCEagleATLFalcon

Rodgers and Brady. It Feels Right.

26 posts in this topic

I started writing this before the Rodgers INT. So if we end up playing Dallas, fine by me. I think we're ready for whomever comes our way. But for what it's worth:

If things hold here, and the AFC plays out like I expect it to, our path to the ring has Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady squarely in the way.

It won't be easy. In fact, it's likely the hardest road possible, given our young D.

But it just ... feels right. It feels do-able. It feels destined.

We all know who the true MVP is this year.

And the stars are aligning for the PERFECT chance to prove it to everyone.

Close the Georgia Dome with Matt Ryan out-dueling Rodgers. Turn off the lights after the torch is passed.

Then cap the season with an epic takedown of The Deflator (which I will recount to everyone around me in Boston for years and years to come).

We can do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel you on that being the way it's probably going to play out. But I am really pulling for KC, I just like them as a team and I really REALLY want to see new blood in the Super Bowl. So sick of NE/PIT/and Peyton every single year. I love fresh faces.

Imagine how pissed everyone would be to see a KC and Atlanta in the Super Bowl. I can see the media firestorm claiming that it was such a down year in the NFL and this matchup is the worst of all time blah blah blah lol

Im so anti-sports establishment it's not even funny. 

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If neither, or one but not the other it's okay! Which simply would mean neither, either, or both were deficient this year and didn't get it done...so, no matter! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LightningDawg58 said:

I feel you on that being the way it's probably going to play out. But I am really pulling for KC, I just like them as a team and I really REALLY want to see new blood in the Super Bowl. So sick of NE/PIT/and Peyton every single year. I love fresh faces.

Imagine how pissed everyone would be to see a KC and Atlanta in the Super Bowl. I can see the media firestorm claiming that it was such a down year in the NFL and this matchup is the worst of all time blah blah blah lol

Im so anti-sports establishment it's not even funny. 

Honestly, as much as I DESPERATELY want to beat the Pats for bragging rights where I live, I'd be very excited about an Atlanta / Kansas City Super Bowl.

No way in **** Ryan lets another one get away against that team.

And as others have pointed out, Quinn is phenomenal at adjustments for teams we play more than once in a season.

papachaz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100% agree.... our D is really geling and making a name for itself. They don't have to be shut down, just good enough to keep us in it and let Matt R. abd his boys do their thing. We can beat anybody left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

I started writing this before the Rodgers INT. So if we end up playing Dallas, fine by me. I think we're ready for whomever comes our way. But for what it's worth:

If things hold here, and the AFC plays out like I expect it to, our path to the ring has Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady squarely in the way.

It won't be easy. In fact, it's likely the hardest road possible, given our young D.

But it just ... feels right. It feels do-able. It feels destined.

We all know who the true MVP is this year.

And the stars are aligning for the PERFECT chance to prove it to everyone.

Close the Georgia Dome with Matt Ryan out-dueling Rodgers. Turn off the lights after the torch is passed.

Then cap the season with an epic takedown of The Deflator (which I will recount to everyone around me in Boston for years and years to come).

We can do it.

I was gonna type this exact thing last night. It just feels like it's our year, and the time for us to be known commodity around the nation. It's only fitting if we have to go through two fo the best QB's in the league, including the evil empire themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Line 'em up, I really don't care. We ain't losing another game this year. It's OUR time, and we've been waiting a LONG time for this moment. **** is about to freeze, the ice man cometh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FalconFanForLife said:

There is NO better way for us to win a SuperBowl than to go thru two HoF legend QBs like Rodgers and Brady.

I wouldn't want it any other way myself.  This is Ryan's time to put all the naysayers to shame.

I honestly can't fathom us losing this game.

It's too perfect. The script is just TOO perfect.

This is how you close the Georgia Dome.

blackredfellow and Dukeduke211 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man if Ryan outplays and defeats both Rodgers and Brady back to back, while bringing ATL our first championship in the process, his whole career legacy will probably be flipped from QB who can't win in the post season to possibly a sure fire HOFer. It may sound homerish but the only thing really keep Ryan from being mentioned in the same breath as Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and P. Manning was post season success. He beats two golden boys and gets a ring, Ryan is sitting pretty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, QuinnTorris said:

Man if Ryan outplays and defeats both Rodgers and Brady back to back, while bringing ATL our first championship in the process, his whole career legacy will probably be flipped from QB who can't win in the post season to possibly a sure fire HOFer. It may sound homerish but the only thing really keep Ryan from being mentioned in the same breath as Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and P. Manning was post season success. He beats two golden boys and gets a ring, Ryan is sitting pretty. 

Preach!

QuinnTorris likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nereek said:

The NFL wants Brady vs Rodgers.

The NFL ain't getting it.

They can want what they want. We're not losing this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

The NFL ain't getting it.

I hope not either, but the Falcons have a history of choking in NFC championship games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nereek said:

I hope not either, but the Falcons have a history of choking in NFC championship games. 

Not this one.

Not this time.

Not this year.

We are going to win.

I refuse to accept any other outcome.

:lol:

falconidae likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nereek said:

The NFL wants Brady vs Rodgers.

 

9 minutes ago, Nereek said:

I hope not either, but the Falcons have a history of choking in NFC championship games. 

I don't know that you can call one and two in three games much of a 'history' especially as one of he two losses shared pretty much no players and a different coaching staff.  Why act as if that team is in any way whatsoever relevant to this one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Not this one.

Not this time.

Not this year.

We are going to win.

I refuse to accept any other outcome.

:lol:

I'm the same way, but my stomach and nerves is telling me differently. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0