Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slickgadawg

Hawks GM makes controversial comments. Get ready for Danny Ferry 2.0...

18 posts in this topic

Still think about what happened with Danny Ferry especially the last part of the article, and ****** it's true. I'm black, and it's freaking true nothing against my people, but most(black folks) jump teams rep someone like Dallas Cowboys who've been sorry for years now before they rep their own. Just because the media talks sooooo much about them.

Still though is what it is, and his joke was in bad taste. Then again it's in bad taste in one way, but looking more into/reading between the lines. First is why would you even say that? Second is interracial couples it's kinda like the gay marriage argument in a nutshell.

33 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

Still think about what happened with Danny Ferry especially the last part of the article, and ****** it's true. I'm black, and it's freaking true nothing against my people, but most(black folks) jump teams rep someone like Dallas Cowboys who've been sorry for years now before they rep their own. Just because the media talks sooooo much about them.

Still though is what it is, and his joke was in bad taste. Then again it's in bad taste in one way, but looking more into/reading between the lines. First is why would you even say that? Second is interracial couples it's kinda like the gay marriage argument in a nutshell.

I could hug you for that comment. I've ALWAYS hated that crap... You got folks today who rep the Cowboys and Steelers because of that bandwagon crap...

Slick, it's like the granddads of the Miami Heat, I don't wanna go off track with them, but I unfollowed several Cowboy fans on facebook. My own cousin from Cleveland Heights was all "Believeland" in June, come September, Cowboy logos, flooding the timeline.

2 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

So true bruh. There is a guy who comes in the barber shop I goto that swears by the cowboys and was freakin born in Atlanta. We rag on his azz all the time about that chit.

28 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

So true bruh. There is a guy who comes in the barber shop I goto that swears by the cowboys and was freakin born in Atlanta. We rag on his azz all the time about that chit.

Deservedly.. I know a driver who was a heat fan, is a cowboys and patriots fan, I could go on but it gets worse.. :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

Man, with the rebuilding of the Hawks going on right now, I would be fine getting rid of Wilcox.  Bring back Danny Ferry!  I mean, WTF is going on w the Hawks right now.  Korver, Milsap, yet they signed Baze to a Koncak-style contract!  This is just CRAZY! 

Neither Ferry's comments nor Wilcox comments were racist.  Wilcox comments could be interpreted to suggest all the negativity he receives from other racist people who see that he is married to a black women.  I didn't see Ferry's comments racist at all.  I'm black, I know what racist comments are.  If we were firing white people who make racist comments, Trump and half his team would be fired before he gets inaugurated.  But, Ferry's comment was not even close.  They threw away the best thing the Hawks have EVER had going for them when they fired Ferry.  Now with this crazy rebuilding, expect another 5 years or more of bad Hawks basketball again.

Edited by bweb blapho

15 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

I could hug you for that comment. I've ALWAYS hated that crap... You got folks today who rep the Cowboys and Steelers because of that bandwagon crap...

I think I'm more understanding of the Steelers because they've been relevant since forever. Cowboys they've literally been asleep at the wheel for 2 decades. The last time I'd believe someone was a Cowboys fan is when I was like 5 cause I think that was their last Superbowl win. For reference I'm 27 now.

Still black people could be season ticket holders, but with only 1 championship in the entire city history, it's part of the reason why. That's why I'm banking really hard for Atlanta Falcons to bring home the gold this year not next season. "You build it they will come".

slickgadawg likes this

17 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Me too....hate it with a passion. They wait to see who favorites are then they say.....I'm going for__________ this year. UUGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Are they even sports fans or do they just like to be a part of the crowd

slickgadawg likes this

2 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

Me too....hate it with a passion. They wait to see who favorites are then they say.....I'm going for__________ this year. UUGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Are they even sports fans or do they just like to be a part of the crowd

Evil. Thats truly what they are. They pick the winning teams so that it APPEARS by association that THEY are winners and better than you... Its game...

trubirdfan4life and Zone#7 like this

Yup, but that's when you got to start picking the real fans from the fake ones. separating wheat from the chaff as they say. We all tend to know people like this in life.

slickgadawg likes this

Is it the desk or that office.  If I am the next GM.  Put me in a different office so I do not get the same vibe of thinking I can say anything.    

4 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Is it the desk or that office.  If I am the next GM.  Put me in a different office so I do not get the same vibe of thinking I can say anything.    

It's not that he felt like that, but it was like one of those "why the **** did you say that" As in it was completely random I don't care about your wife/kids I'm pissed off with the team etc.

Still though reading it took me two times to understand he was just saying people look at interracial couples sideways. I'm guilty of that myself. That's where the argumentative part comes from you read that once you'd think  he's talking about him and his wife in the fact she's black, but nope.

On 1/7/2017 at 11:08 PM, JerseyNo12 said:

People nitpicking. It wasn't that serious.

In this day and age it really kind of is just saying. Again if you said that in front of a large group of people how the **** you think they're going to respond?

10 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

In this day and age it really kind of is just saying. Again if you said that in front of a large group of people how the **** you think they're going to respond?

Yeah, it wasn't the time and place, but I don't think it warranted punishment.