Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Champford

Kyle Korver Appreciation Thread

55 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

None of y'all get it at all. It's MUCH easier to create a team around a mobile unselfish center than it is one that isn't really mobile. You need star players at the wing for this to work with Howard, and it's not something you're getting without taking two seasons off from the playoffs.

Otherwise, this isn't going to work. Even if Korver stayed and Millsap resigned, the maximum this team was going to get was 3 straight of more of the same of the 00s-10s era.

World champs got a rebounding center but keep on keeping on

Here's the kind of team you need to make this work with today's version of Dwight Howard:

PG - Jrue Holiday
SG - find a version of Klay Thompson
SF - find a version of Kawhi Leonard
PF - Paul Millsap
C - Dwight Howard

This is getting ridiculous 

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

World champs got a rebounding center but keep on keeping on

Again my point is flying over your head. You need a SUPERSTAR for this to work without the passing center.

This is getting ridiculous 

I'm not joking. You do not win in this league unless you have a passing center or a SUPERSTAR. You're only going to get it if the entire team was swapped out for good players but Dwight Howard, and the team still did not take the step forward that y'all were expecting.

I'm not joking. You do not win in this league unless you have a passing center or a SUPERSTAR. You're only going to get it if the entire team was swapped out for good players but Dwight Howard, and the team still did not take the step forward that y'all were expecting.

I get you.. you want us to suck so we can become like philly.. keep trying to grab the next big thing.. and end up in purgatory.. again it takes time to develop chemistry.. doesn't happen overnight.. horford didn't want to be here.. oh well.. he didn't do his job as a center.. korver was a defensive liability with a shot trending in the wrong direction.. millsap is not guaranteeing to sign so they're putting feelers out.. with the way they're WINNING right now I'm not sure they'll pull that trigger unless they're blown away.. 

but you blaming everything on Howard even when we're WINNING is comical.. seems like you're just sooooooo wanting to be right you're ignoring what's happening right in front of you.. they're gaining chemistry.. deal with it

5 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

I get you.. you want us to suck so we can become like philly.. keep trying to grab the next big thing.. and end up in purgatory.. again it takes time to develop chemistry.. doesn't happen overnight.. horford didn't want to be here.. oh well.. he didn't do his job as a center.. korver was a defensive liability with a shot trending in the wrong direction.. millsap is not guaranteeing to sign so they're putting feelers out.. with the way they're WINNING right now I'm not sure they'll pull that trigger unless they're blown away.. 

but you blaming everything on Howard even when we're WINNING is comical.. seems like you're just sooooooo wanting to be right you're ignoring what's happening right in front of you.. they're gaining chemistry.. deal with it

Howard is not playing a major role at all in this and this is not going to transform into being a 50+ win team in the future, I know you're always on the really optimistic side, but you're going to get proven wrong. Howard is not an impact type player anymore, he's merely a glorified DeAndre Jordan, but because he's Dwight f***ing Howard y'all slobber over him.

If Dwight Howard was instead Tyson Chandler, would you be feeling different?

Howard is not playing a major role at all in this and this is not going to transform into being a 50+ win team in the future, I know you're always on the really optimistic side, but you're going to get proven wrong. Howard is not an impact type player anymore, he's merely a glorified DeAndre Jordan, but because he's Dwight f***ing Howard y'all slobber over him.

If Dwight Howard was instead Tyson Chandler, would you be feeling different?

Dwight leads him in every statistical category and Phoenix is in purgatory.. gimme a break guy

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Dwight leads him in every statistical category and Phoenix is in purgatory.. gimme a break guy

Dwight does nothing other than being big. You don't get it as you're a newbie with basketball stuff but outside of being big he does NOTHING.

4 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Dwight does nothing other than being big. You don't get it as you're a newbie with basketball stuff but outside of being big he does NOTHING.

Guy you're clueless.. I'm out.. deuces 

Slappywhite likes this

Guy you're clueless.. I'm out.. deuces 

Woohoo, look at Dwight, he rebounds and gets highlight swats into the crowd! But at the same time, he doesn't make enough free throws, he commits the SILLIEST turnovers, and he has NO offensive game outside of 5 feet in.

But WOO! DUNKS! HIGHLIGHT BLOCKS! EYE POPPING REBOUNDING NUMBERS!

Does NOTHING to help win games, but he's a SHOWTIME player so he draws attention to NOOBS like you!

I loved the run Korver had here but his defensive presence was a joke even going back to that magical 2013 season. He has to hit a minimum of four or five 3s a night to justify his presence,  which of course he doesn't he goes through cold spells.

8 hours ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Woohoo, look at Dwight, he rebounds and gets highlight swats into the crowd! But at the same time, he doesn't make enough free throws, he commits the SILLIEST turnovers, and he has NO offensive game outside of 5 feet in.

But WOO! DUNKS! HIGHLIGHT BLOCKS! EYE POPPING REBOUNDING NUMBERS!

Does NOTHING to help win games, but he's a SHOWTIME player so he draws attention to NOOBS like you!

Noob? Boy oh boy.. you seem to exhibiting all the characteristics of a noob.. as in forgetting why we continue to get owned by the cavs in the playoffs.. no inside presence.. no REBOUNDER.. horford continuously got punked by Thompson.. over and over and over again.. soft as charmin down low.. 

but what happened when Dwight got matched up against Thompson.. need a refresher? Thompson got held to 2 BOARDS.. 2! And what was the result? WIN

How about vs Toronto? He led us in points and boards in a WIN.. yet he does nothing to help win games huh? Guy, you're so far off it's getting sad.. :dealwithit:

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Noob? Boy oh boy.. you seem to exhibiting all the characteristics of a noob.. as in forgetting why we continue to get owned by the cavs in the playoffs.. no inside presence.. no REBOUNDER.. horford continuously got punked by Thompson.. over and over and over again.. soft as charmin down low.. 

but what happened when Dwight got matched up against Thompson.. need a refresher? Thompson got held to 2 BOARDS.. 2! And what was the result? WIN

How about vs Toronto? He led us in points and boards in a WIN.. yet he does nothing to help win games huh? Guy, you're so far off it's getting sad.. :dealwithit:

Ohhhhhhhh this is funny now, I'm rolling on the floor laughing, you NOOB.

Since when did the regular season ever amount to more than a hill of beans? It doesn't matter vs LeBron teams at all, and in fact there's an EASY fix that the Cavs will use in future matchups vs the Hawks, bench Tristan Thompson for Channing Frye. Bench Tristan Thompson and the Hawks changes do not help them at all.

But then again, you're so much of a NOOB that you do not get it at ALL. In TODAY'S NBA, five out lineups are the way to go.

If the Hawks faced the Cavaliers again in a playoff series the most the series would go is 5, and the Hawks would get STOMPED ON by LeBron at least twice in the series.

Edited by VoiceofReason95

1 hour ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Ohhhhhhhh this is funny now, I'm rolling on the floor laughing, you NOOB.

Since when did the regular season ever amount to more than a hill of beans? It doesn't matter vs LeBron teams at all, and in fact there's an EASY fix that the Cavs will use in future matchups vs the Hawks, bench Tristan Thompson for Channing Frye. Bench Tristan Thompson and the Hawks changes do not help them at all.

But then again, you're so much of a NOOB that you do not get it at ALL. In TODAY'S NBA, five out lineups are the way to go.

If the Hawks faced the Cavaliers again in a playoff series the most the series would go is 5, and the Hawks would get STOMPED ON by LeBron at least twice in the series.

Dude you've got issues.. you say since when does regular season success mean anything after talking about how important it is to have 50 wins? :huh:

Your complete unwillingness to realize what we needed to compete with other teams is what we got in Howard is unwarranted.. and your understanding of the term noob is obviously flawed.. it's probably best that you agree to disagree and move on.. because the only one you're hurting in this constant back and forth is yourself.. but as I've said before, that's normal for you.. you were anti Quinn, anti Kirby and now anti Dwight.. honestly, that's on you to :dealwithit:

55 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Dude you've got issues.. you say since when does regular season success mean anything after talking about how important it is to have 50 wins? :huh:

Your complete unwillingness to realize what we needed to compete with other teams is what we got in Howard is unwarranted.. and your understanding of the term noob is obviously flawed.. it's probably best that you agree to disagree and move on.. because the only one you're hurting in this constant back and forth is yourself.. but as I've said before, that's normal for you.. you were anti Quinn, anti Kirby and now anti Dwight.. honestly, that's on you to :dealwithit:

The regular season doesn't matter but unless you win 50+ games in the history of the NBA unless you have injury issues you have a 0% chance of winning the finals, 0.

This is going to fail with Dwight or not even materialize with the rumors I've heard, book it. I'll eat a hefty plate of crow straight up if it works but the only way I'll eat that hefty plate is if the Hawks beat the Cavaliers straight up in the playoffs. Not just one game, a series. It's not going to happen. Hawks will lose in 5 or get swept again.

I don't even need to see a full season. The Hawks will be LeBron's b**ch again in the playoffs for the fourth time, if the team even gets there.

I'm wrong on Quinn but I bet I'll end up being completely right on Kirby because in today's age, you just don't have time to build the team. Results are going to have to come RIGHT NOW and I simply don't see it happening because it's not like the NFL in which the needed parts can "hit it off" immediately. The team is not going to be good enough to cover Kirby's major flaws as he grows as a coach, the Falcons have gotten good enough (with brilliant decision making in FA and the draft) to hide Quinn as he continues to learn and grow as a coach.

You're going to see me own up to being wrong on Quinn in about 30 minutes by the way.

4 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

The regular season doesn't matter but unless you win 50+ games in the history of the NBA unless you have injury issues you have a 0% chance of winning the finals, 0.

This is going to fail with Dwight or not even materialize with the rumors I've heard, book it. I'll eat a hefty plate of crow straight up if it works but the only way I'll eat that hefty plate is if the Hawks beat the Cavaliers straight up in the playoffs. Not just one game, a series. It's not going to happen. Hawks will lose in 5 or get swept again.

I don't even need to see a full season. The Hawks will be LeBron's b**ch again in the playoffs for the fourth time, if the team even gets there.

I'm wrong on Quinn but I bet I'll end up being completely right on Kirby because in today's age, you just don't have time to build the team. Results are going to have to come RIGHT NOW and I simply don't see it happening because it's not like the NFL in which the needed parts can "hit it off" immediately. The team is not going to be good enough to cover Kirby's major flaws as he grows as a coach, the Falcons have gotten good enough (with brilliant decision making in FA and the draft) to hide Quinn as he continues to learn and grow as a coach.

You're going to see me own up to being wrong on Quinn in about 30 minutes by the way.

So you'll own up to being wrong about Dwight ONLY IF we beat the WORLD CHAMPIONS in a SERIES?? You do realize that's a feat we weren't able to do without Dwight and with Horford right? Comical.. 

concerning quinn you were just dead wrong.. period.. 

and you just admitted what your problem is concerning all this.. you're expecting INSTANT RESULTS when no one, and I mean NO ONE, can provide that.. your expectations are insanely overblown.. you refuse to trust processes.. you refuse to be patient and let players become familiar with one another's tendencies.. you're not being rational and it shows.. just admit it.. your ridiculous "standards" wouldn't be met by anyone.. I'd be willing to bet you'd have fired saban and belichek early in their careers as well.. 

4 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

So you'll own up to being wrong about Dwight ONLY IF we beat the WORLD CHAMPIONS in a SERIES?? You do realize that's a feat we weren't able to do without Dwight and with Horford right? Comical.. 

concerning quinn you were just dead wrong.. period.. 

and you just admitted what your problem is concerning all this.. you're expecting INSTANT RESULTS when no one, and I mean NO ONE, can provide that.. your expectations are insanely overblown.. you refuse to trust processes.. you refuse to be patient and let players become familiar with one another's tendencies.. you're not being rational and it shows.. just admit it.. your ridiculous "standards" wouldn't be met by anyone.. I'd be willing to bet you'd have fired saban and belichek early in their careers as well.. 

You're making it more and more clear that being entertained by sports is more important than winning chips to you. I can see why you love Dwight with every post, because you love seeing highlight dunks and eye popping stats. Being entertained is more important than winning for you, so go ahead and buy up every bit of Dwight merchandise and call yourself Dwight's biggest fan.

And if you love being entertained by sports, then why were you not mad about Georgia changing philosophies after the disappointing season of 2013 that was spawned by injuries more than anything? That's what spawned the move to an Alabama like philosophy and it honestly has produced B.O.R.I.N.G football outside of a couple of games for three seasons now to me. I still root for Georgia but since the 2013 Tennessee game it has not been the same to me.

That's the way it goes today. If Kirby Smart doesn't do better than 8-4 in the regular season for three straight seasons, he's going to get fired by Georgia or have a seat that is raging fire in 2019 at absolute best (You can bookmark this post and check back in the future). Mark Richt was one more season of 8-4 in the regular season or worse from getting fired 6 years ago and media is only getting more and more abundant, so why do you think it'll be different?

In the media era, its NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW or you're a dunce. It's a tough world in sports now as it's perform NOW or never. Kirby is not going to get a chance to ****build his program**** unless he improves GREATLY in game days with his decision making, this suddenly becomes the NFL where older teens are able to come in with veteran like football ability immediately and are able to hit it off immediately, or Georgia has moved to the Sun Belt and starts acting more like a mid major.

Kirby Smart either improves greatly with game day decision making or he is most likely gone by after 2019 max. It's possible for sure that he does it, but he has a TON to improve on.

For starters, he's already going down Will Muschamp Road by interacting too much with the offense, and that's how Muschamp got fired at Florida.

2 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

You're making it more and more clear that being entertained by sports is more important than winning chips to you. I can see why you love Dwight with every post, because you love seeing highlight dunks and eye popping stats. Being entertained is more important than winning for you, so go ahead and buy up every bit of Dwight merchandise and call yourself Dwight's biggest fan.

And if you love being entertained by sports, then why were you not mad about Georgia changing philosophies after the disappointing season of 2013 that was spawned by injuries more than anything? That's what spawned the move to an Alabama like philosophy and it honestly has produced B.O.R.I.N.G football outside of a couple of games for three seasons now to me. I still root for Georgia but since the 2013 Tennessee game it has not been the same to me.

That's the way it goes today. If Kirby Smart doesn't do better than 8-4 in the regular season for three straight seasons, he's going to get fired by Georgia or have a seat that is raging fire in 2019 at absolute best (You can bookmark this post and check back in the future). Mark Richt was one more season of 8-4 in the regular season or worse from getting fired 6 years ago and media is only getting more and more abundant, so why do you think it'll be different?

In the media era, its NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW or you're a dunce. It's a tough world in sports now as it's perform NOW or never. Kirby is not going to get a chance to ****build his program**** unless he improves GREATLY in game days with his decision making, this suddenly becomes the NFL where older teens are able to come in with veteran like football ability immediately and are able to hit it off immediately, or Georgia has moved to the Sun Belt and starts acting more like a mid major.

Kirby Smart either improves greatly with game day decision making or he is most likely gone by after 2019 max. It's possible for sure that he does it, but he has a TON to improve on.

For starters, he's already going down Will Muschamp Road by interacting too much with the offense, and that's how Muschamp got fired at Florida.

You're making it more and more clear that you have unrealistic expectations.. Kerr was the first since Riley to win as a rookie head coach and it helped that he had that roster set already.. that's twice in like 30 years that I recall.. unrealistic 

i don't ever recall it happening in NCAA.. unrealistic.. but this is not where I intended this topic to go.. I was using it to show that your unrealistic expectations were noted across several different topics.. 

And all I've stated is that Howard is serving the purpose we need him to.. be a center because before him we were too SOFT down low.. you're the one who keeps turning that into something more while not giving him his due.. again that's on you guy.. but continue making irrational statements and then having to post threads saying you were wrong.. you do you guy

:tiphat:

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

You're making it more and more clear that you have unrealistic expectations.. Kerr was the first since Riley to win as a rookie head coach and it helped that he had that roster set already.. that's twice in like 30 years that I recall.. unrealistic 

i don't ever recall it happening in NCAA.. unrealistic.. but this is not where I intended this topic to go.. I was using it to show that your unrealistic expectations were noted across several different topics.. 

And all I've stated is that Howard is serving the purpose we need him to.. be a center because before him we were too SOFT down low.. you're the one who keeps turning that into something more while not giving him his due.. again that's on you guy.. but continue making irrational statements and then having to post threads saying you were wrong.. you do you guy

:tiphat:

That's what today's college football world is trending to. It's trending to win in 3 years or you're not going to have the time to get it right. I don't even mean national titles, I mean appearances in your conference title game.

Howard is doing what the Hawks wanted him to do and doing it happily so far, the issues start in...

1. He does not fit this team. Wanna know why the wings have been exposed? They aren't being spoon fed anymore. Outside of the rookies and maybe Hardaway Jr, there's no chance that it's going to work out with Howard.
2. If he starts thinking of himself as a legitimate low post threat again (he's not, and before you blow your wad again, I'm not lying, he's the worst low post big in the league by far) he's going to get grumpy again and stop playing hard.

The fix to the issues are NOT easy. You need two wings that have high BBIQ, are very unselfish, can create their own shot, and are great defensively.

Otherwise, it will NOT work with Howard. This is a treadmill team with Horford. With Howard at best....still a treadmill team unless I've gotten into a time travel bus and gone to 2010.

But because he's an entertaining player you're very entertained by him and are ignoring the real problems.

Sometimes, you need to take the glasses off and not be a HOMER. Be real. The Falcons are a good team, but the defense probably isn't quite ready. The Hawks are an average team, and at best still running the treadmill, with zero chance at a title, but because Howard can do "showtime!" plays, the Hawks are more entertaining to those that don't know basketball and just think one thing "fixes everything!"

Edited by VoiceofReason95

Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

That's what today's college football world is trending to. It's trending to win in 3 years or you're not going to have the time to get it right. I don't even mean national titles, I mean appearances in your conference title game.

Howard is doing what the Hawks wanted him to do and doing it happily so far, the issues start in...

1. He does not fit this team. Wanna know why the wings have been exposed? They aren't being spoon fed anymore. Outside of the rookies and maybe Hardaway Jr, there's no chance that it's going to work out with Howard.
2. If he starts thinking of himself as a legitimate low post threat again (he's not, and before you blow your wad again, I'm not lying, he's the worst low post big in the league by far) he's going to get grumpy again and stop playing hard.

The fix to the issues are NOT easy. You need two wings that have high BBIQ, are very unselfish, can create their own shot, and are great defensively.

Otherwise, it will NOT work with Howard. This is a treadmill team with Horford. With Howard at best....still a treadmill team unless I've gotten into a time travel bus and gone to 2010.

But because he's an entertaining player you're very entertained by him and are ignoring the real problems.

Sometimes, you need to take the glasses off and not be a HOMER. Be real. The Falcons are a good team, but the defense probably isn't quite ready. The Hawks are an average team, and at best still running the treadmill, with zero chance at a title, but because Howard can do "showtime!" plays, the Hawks are more entertaining to those that don't know basketball and just think one thing "fixes everything!"

Guy you wanted to get rid of CKS this year.. and football is trending towards producing championships within 3 years? We just gave richt 15... 

all the things you're requesting of our wings we haven't had since before we got Howard yet it's his fault? Again whatever guy.. 

amd once again I never stated he fixed everything but he DAMM SURE FIXES THE REBOUNDING DEFICIENCY.. 

continue spewing the same hate towards everything and believe you have all the answers.. better yet take your supreme knowledge about "fixing" all the issues with all these teams to the teams.. I'm sure they'd be chomping at the bit to hire you to coach/gm each and every team...... or call you a noob who has absolutely no clue what you're talking about 

but I'm done.. this is nauseating 

Edited by TheTrue7

17 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Guy you wanted to get rid of CKS this year.. and football is trending towards producing championships within 3 years? We just gave richt 15... 

all the things you're requesting of our wings we haven't had since before we got Howard yet it's his fault? Again whatever guy.. 

amd once again I never stated he fixed everything but he DAMM SURE FIXES THE REBOUNDING DEFICIENCY.. 

continue spewing the same hate towards everything and believe you have all the answers.. better yet take your supreme knowledge about "fixing" all the issues with all these teams to the teams.. I'm sure they'd be chomping at the bit to hire you to coach/gm each and every team...... or call you a noob who has absolutely no clue what you're talking about 

but I'm done.. this is nauseating 

You've again let my point fly over your head, here it is in bold letters: 

IF KIRBY SMART DOES NOT GO BETTER THAN 8-4 OVER THE NEXT TWO SEASONS, GEORGIA WILL FIRE HIM AND MCGARITY. GEORGIA WAS ONE SEASON AWAY FROM FIRING MARK RICHT AFTER 2010, AND 8-4 WOULD HAVE DONE IT IN 2011. 

Its going to be the same with Kirby. If he goes over the next two seasons: 8-4, then 7-5, he will be gone after 2018 or have one of the hottest seats in college football.

But since Kirby is a golden boy to you that can do "no wrong" you aren't getting it and are spewing constant hate. I am not going to let it go until you ADMIT that while Kirby is an EXCELLENT recruiter he has a **** TON of work to do on gameday coaching and if he doesn't improve he won't see the fruits of his efforts.

Dwight Howard will not move the needle for the Hawks one bit in a playoff series vs the Cavs.

Again.. you aren't even willing to give the guy a second year.. just stop digging guy.. your killing each and every argument you make.. 

he does have work to do to become a better coach but at least I'm willing to give him more than a year to prove it.. sad you feel the need to put words in my mouth.. never said he could "do no wrong" you did.. never said Howard "fixed everything" you said I did.. stop digging guy.. unless you're prepared to lay down.. seriously