Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UGABOZ

2017 UGA Basketball Thread

358 posts in this topic

Its a slim chance but New Mexico isnt that bad of a job. They cant pay top dollar but you can win there. Steve Alford did what Mark Fox could do. Alford knew his time was almost up at Iowa so he jumped ship to New Mexico before they could fire him. Alford then went 155-52 at New Mexico and later jumped to UCLA where he has them back on track.

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

i don't agree that he hasn't turn things around.. not sure what you saw of the uga basketball program before he got here, but we were a terrible team and a program going nowhere.  we have had 13 - 20 wins seasons in our entire basketball history.. 4 of those were due to Mark Fox.  CMf's recruiting has also really improved from the very beginning.  he screwed up originally in who he hired for his staff.  he overestimated how hard it was to recruit to Georgia.  he has since fixed that with hayes and rosemond.  the last 3 classes have been big improvements over the first 3 imo.  i want mark fox gone because i believe he has maxed out what he can do in athens, but he has done a lot to turn things around and improve UGA basketball. 

Agree. Better than where we were but have plateaued. 

If yante leaves, with jj leaving, CMF will have more excuses for coming years.. grrrreat...

4 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

If yante leaves, with jj leaving, CMF will have more excuses for coming years.. grrrreat...

tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

tenor.gif

Precisely.. but ADGM will say "well he lost both Yante and JJ and is having to rely on sophs and freshmen".. 

<_<