Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UGABOZ

2017 UGA Basketball Thread

345 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2017 at 6:50 PM, fibonaccisquared said:

If McG is actually telling the truth, isn't it a little irresponsible to *not* do your due diligence when Fox's name has been linked to the K-State opening? You never want to be the school left holding the bag. Sure hope that we're at least exploring the market... even if there is no intent to move, would hate to see us not pull the trigger and then Fox bail.

i believe mcgarity is only saying what he needs to publicly.  there is nothing else that he can say even if the plan was to part ways at the end of the season.  if mcgarity says nothing then it is a huge distraction and if mcgarity says "well we will evaluate fox at end of the year" that would only add fuel to the fire.  i really think this could be a situation like what happened last year with kevin stallings.  don't fire him, but let him fire employment elsewhere. 

we are down by 1 at the half which is ridiculous.  we have double digit turnovers in the 1st half..  a mark fox coached team not respecting the ball is a common theme.  

i really wish someone would teach DO not to jump into air leaving his feet on every shot fake.. he did that on the 3 point line.. argh horrible. 

we looked horrible, but we won which is all that matters.. we are in a real good spot for a home game in the NIT.  if we can upset the great kentucky wildcats made up of the best talent in the entire nation we have a shot at being on the bubble. ;)

19 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

A win over Kentucky puts UGA back on the bubble.

Dawgs have 2 chances to beat UK today. Slim and None and Slim just left town on the 11:00 stage coach.

Kentucky isn't that dominance force this year. I'm not saying UGA will win but UGA held their own last time against them. We all know UGA needs the win way more and this is March. There's always a chance for the crazy. 

fibonaccisquared likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, 007dawg said:

Dawgs have 2 chances to beat UK today. Slim and None and Slim just left town on the 11:00 stage coach.

Its looking like none at the moment.  Dawgs are struggling to stick it in the basket.  16 to 7 cats.

Edited by richham

Sorry, but starting two bigs and a small forward that has trouble shooting is a stupid idea even against the step down from here....(Arkansas, South Carolina).

I didn't post about it here, but it looks like I look pretty good on a couple things I've talked about on Georgia. Even against other teams, if Georgia wavers through going through the post and playing high PNR, they are much, MUUUUUCCCCHHHH worse offensively. It's not to be offensive to Maten, he's a good player, but he needs to be used more in the PNR than the post.

It's amazing the Dawgs are only down by 9 with how poorly they have shot the ball.

If you wanna stay in this game, you need to play a lineup that has Maten at C and use him more in PNR than as a post guy. It just doesn't work offensively with the wavering, and doesn't against any team. Not just here.

Posted (edited)

Enough already of this. Go to one true big with your players that at least are a threat of shooting on the floor and play high PNR. If this timeout isn't this, I might go find something else to do.

Edited by VoiceofReason95

38 minutes ago, Red Bandana said:

Steph curry could take full court shots and have a better shooting percentage than the dawgs

Blindfolded 

This happens when you choose to refuse to try to develop most of your young players coming in. Most of the time, it will explode in your face.

The Dawgs are just plain lazy, Kentucky is up 57 to 42 and hustling at both ends while the Dawgs are just taking it easy.

what really surprised me was just how pathetic the effort was overall today.. the 50/50 balls almost all went to kentucky.  we had a bad game plan, but that's expected since fox wouldn't know a good game plan if it didn't smack him in the fact.  i have no problem losing, but we didn't compete much today.  

22 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

what really surprised me was just how pathetic the effort was overall today.. the 50/50 balls almost all went to kentucky.  we had a bad game plan, but that's expected since fox wouldn't know a good game plan if it didn't smack him in the fact.  i have no problem losing, but we didn't compete much today.  

Really hope KSU comes calling for Fox because it doesn't sound like ADGM has any intention of letting him go.