Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zone#7

Something is up folks.........(Maybe just overreaction)

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'll admit haven't been watching the Hawks like I use to that might change if I can change jobs, and get out of working A.M shift, but this isn't about me lol. 

Just saw on ESPN this, and it has me worried. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18390624/atlanta-hawks-fielding-trade-offers-paul-millsap-sources-say

I only say it has me worried because just talking with a friend who was claiming the Hawks internally may have some problems, and it could be centering around Dwight Howard again. I know they keep saying don't want to lose him to Free Agency, but why all of a sudden are we scared about losing him, and couple with the fact I know I've kept up with the Hawks to know Bazemore is not the same as a year ago etc. 

I might be over-reacting on this, but hey this time last year or 2 years ago we weren't 18-16, and also we do have freaking Dwight Howard. 

Other notes from that convo I didn't know about apparently Indiana and Chicago are both Dumpster fires right now Indiana stars secretly or openly hate each other, and Chicago completely hates Rondo right now(Not new, but still). 

Edited by Zone#7
Change title

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Failing to see how that has anything to do with Howard.. seems like some just love to point the finger at him for everything.. 

Maybe they're just testing the market to see if it would be better to trade than offer max money.. 

whats funny is that we're still the 5th seed in the east, 2 games back of the 3rd seed with as bad as we've been.. just need to get in sync

Edited by TheTrue7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Failing to see how that has anything to do with Howard.. seems like some just love to point the finger at him for everything.. 

Maybe they're just testing the market to see if it would be better to trade than offer max money.. 

whats funny is that we're still the 5th seed in the east, 2 games back of the 3rd seed with as bad as we've been.. just need to get in sync

It's just a theory, but this season has been a big mystery for most, and again I'm on outside looking in, but from what I gather from people here, and just looking at scores online. We still have virtually the same team from last year, and up to 2 years ago minus Horford/Teague/Carroll, and now with Millsap possibly on trading block which to me makes sense, and doesn't at the same time. It might be premature, but some of this could be on Dwight. Now so far we haven't heard anything, but we do know his track record so far with Lakers/Houston, and who's to say some of that might not be happening before out eyes? 

Now with all that, and even the previous post it could be much to do about nothing, and we should just "carry on", it's just that you notice things is all. 

Edited by Zone#7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

It's just a theory, but this season has been a big mystery for most, and again I'm on outside looking in, but from what I gather from people here, and just looking at scores online. We still have virtually the same team from last year, and up to 2 years ago minus Horford/Teague/Carroll, and now with Millsap possibly on trading block which to me makes sense, and doesn't at the same time. It might be premature, but some of this could be on Dwight. Now so far we haven't heard anything, but we do know his track record so far with Lakers/Houston, and who's to say some of that might not be happening before out eyes? 

Now with all that, and even the previous post it could be much to do about nothing, and we should just "carry on", it's just that you notice things is all. 

Millsap was talked about being traded before as well.. the Howard issues in LA and Houston are slightly a skewed in my opinion.. and this isn't the same team as last year.. 40% of the starting lineup is different and we actually have a legit rebounder.. 

i just think they're still trying to get in sync.. nice win last night.. let's just hope it continues 

Zone#7, jayu70 and blkbigdog35 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I think Howard has improved this team however I think that with the guard and small forward position we have seen inconsistent play. Coach Bud is still searching for the right lineup but I think it's time to move Korver and give guys like Scott and THJ more minutes because they provide outside shooting as well as defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Personally I think Howard has improved this team however I think that with the guard and small forward position we have seen inconsistent play. Coach Bud is still searching for the right lineup but I think it's time to move Korver and give guys like Scott and THJ more minutes because they provide outside shooting as well as defense.

That's what I've been hearing about THJ is that he's very good, but he's not ready to give the keys. Still though at this point this is all just thoughts. If they improve or continue then much to do about nothing. 

blkbigdog35 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zone#7 said:

That's what I've been hearing about THJ is that he's very good, but he's not ready to give the keys. Still though at this point this is all just thoughts. If they improve or continue then much to do about nothing. 

I think it's more to do with chemistry and Coach Bud needs a legit pg to backup Dennis. Baze has been a big disappointment and I don't know if he's pressing or just comfortable but he needs to figure it out. I just hope January is a better month than December.

Zone#7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I think it's more to do with chemistry and Coach Bud needs a legit pg to backup Dennis. Baze has been a big disappointment and I don't know if he's pressing or just comfortable but he needs to figure it out. I just hope January is a better month than December.

Yeah I've been hearing about Baze too something tells me he's comfortable, and we mucked that one up big time. Then again this is a problem across sports in general. These guys get these bigger contracts, and we have this problem. 

blkbigdog35 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FalconsInstitutionalSize said:

I can't see them giving up derozan but that is exactly what we need.

Yep because that is the only person I would want.

Zone#7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2017 at 5:11 AM, Zone#7 said:

I'll admit haven't been watching the Hawks like I use to that might change if I can change jobs, and get out of working A.M shift, but this isn't about me lol. 

Just saw on ESPN this, and it has me worried. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18390624/atlanta-hawks-fielding-trade-offers-paul-millsap-sources-say

I only say it has me worried because just talking with a friend who was claiming the Hawks internally may have some problems, and it could be centering around Dwight Howard again. I know they keep saying don't want to lose him to Free Agency, but why all of a sudden are we scared about losing him, and couple with the fact I know I've kept up with the Hawks to know Bazemore is not the same as a year ago etc. 

I might be over-reacting on this, but hey this time last year or 2 years ago we weren't 18-16, and also we do have freaking Dwight Howard. 

Other notes from that convo I didn't know about apparently Indiana and Chicago are both Dumpster fires right now Indiana stars secretly or openly hate each other, and Chicago completely hates Rondo right now(Not new, but still). 

Our problems are not Dwight related in the big picture.  He is a different player than Horford so an adjustment to Bud's system is expected.  On the court our wings and backup PG were the main culprits.  

Steve Holman (Hawks radio guy) said just this morning Dwight is fitting in well, usually the first to arrive and greets everyone.  He also said it's the happiest he has seen the team in 2 years. 

There is only 1 star in Indy - that's Paul George.  

I can see why Rondo is hated.

blkbigdog35 and TheTrue7 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The little birdie that said Bud did not want Dwight Howard looks like he's right.

Word is Bud does not like this roster and is planning on blowing it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

The little birdie that said Bud did not want Dwight Howard looks like he's right.

Word is Bud does not like this roster and is planning on blowing it up.

Weird to see you when we're winning.. especially spewing the same ole same ole.. 

Winners of 7 of the last 10 and still within shooting distance of top 3 seed.. :rolleyes:

korver was understandable.. wish we could have gotten more but ''tis what 'tis.. millsap they may just wanna make sure they get something but until something happens I'm not buying.. I've heard he's gonna get traded waaaaaaaaaay too many times now.. I'll believe it when I see it.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Weird to see you when we're winning.. especially spewing the same ole same ole.. 

Winners of 7 of the last 10 and still within shooting distance of top 3 seed.. :rolleyes:

korver was understandable.. wish we could have gotten more but ''tis what 'tis.. millsap they may just wanna make sure they get something but until something happens I'm not buying.. I've heard he's gonna get traded waaaaaaaaaay too many times now.. I'll believe it when I see it.. 

These are VERY reliable sources that are saying that Bud does not love the roster, is planning on rebuilding, and did not want Howard and was forced to get him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

These are VERY reliable sources that are saying that Bud does not love the roster, is planning on rebuilding, and did not want Howard and was forced to get him.

Reporters? Media? Okaaaaaayyyy :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Reporters? Media? Okaaaaaayyyy :D

I can smell a rebuild when it's coming and it's coming. Just like with the 2014 Braves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

I can smell a rebuild when it's coming and it's coming. Just like with the 2014 Braves.

Yea and "I hope all the mike smith and mark richt haters are happy" 

sips tea :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Yea and "I hope all the mike smith and mark richt haters are happy" 

sips tea :rolleyes:

It's coming. Believe me it is. It may not fully surface itself this season, but it's coming. You still aren't getting it. Millsap is the main player that lubricates this offense. Lose him, and you are nowhere on offense.

This is the first and last season for Howard in Atlanta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

It's coming. Believe me it is. It may not fully surface itself this season, but it's coming. You still aren't getting it. Millsap is the main player that lubricates this offense. Lose him, and you are nowhere on offense.

This is the first and last season for Howard in Atlanta.

Concerning Howard.. nope.. keep grasping 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

Concerning Howard.. nope.. keep grasping 

If Howard is here and the Hawks have 3 straight seasons of him not moving the needle and the team winning 40-45 games, will y'all admit that we're right on Howard not being a needle mover anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0