silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

17,530 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I'm still of the opinion their was complete and unmitigated treason on a level never seen before

agreed on that part, but I still have faith that between a select few Senators and the FBI, Trump will go down

19 minutes ago, MACK2THEFUTURE said:

agreed on that part, but I still have faith that between a select few Senators and the FBI, Trump will go down

And you somehow give me shyt about conspiracies I don't even advance...

tumblr_mhx7z8ehoe1s5w9a4o1_500.gif

1 hour ago, Carter said:

And you somehow give me shyt about conspiracies I don't even advance...

tumblr_mhx7z8ehoe1s5w9a4o1_500.gif

I don't think the the Russian issue classifies as a "conspiracy" anymore. It would not surprise me one bit if the collusion came out in the open was admitted to by the Trump administration and they brushed it off said "meh" and just continued on, just like the whole "locker room" talk crap that blew over but would have tanked every other politician in the country.

"Yea we colluded with Russia we are going to drop sanctions but hey they helped us prevent HRC being elected, we did the country a service, next question please" "Emails, Benghazi, Pizzagate"

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

I don't think the the Russian issue classifies as a "conspiracy" anymore. It would not surprise me one bit if the collusion came out in the open was admitted to by the Trump administration and they brushed it off said "meh" and just continued on, just like the whole "locker room" talk crap that blew over but would have tanked every other politician in the country.

"Yea we colluded with Russia we are going to drop sanctions but hey they helped us prevent HRC being elected, we did the country a service, next question please" "Emails, Benghazi, Pizzagate"

Wouldn't surprise me either, but it's a textbook conspiracy theory at this point.

I'd wait until the facts come out before speaking in definitive terms about the worst treason our country has ever seen. That's really no different than a tweet about Obama spying on you.

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

I'd wait until the facts come out before speaking in definitive terms about the worst treason our country has ever seen. That's really no different than a tweet about Obama spying on you.

I near always have a peanut's whisper advocating for the other side of a particular issue in my mind... even on Trump's collusion. But to say the magnitudes of publicly known evidence on the issues are equivalent just does not make sense to me.

6 hours ago, Carter said:

Wouldn't surprise me either, but it's a textbook conspiracy theory at this point.

The amount of high level people that quit/recuse themselves or were fired due to this issue is proof enough that something real is going on. Otherwise I might agree with you but at least a half dozen people close to the Trump administration have quit their jobs due to this.

"Conspiracy theories" with no merit don't cause this amount of high ranking officials to just randomly quit or get fired during the same time period.

I do think we are in an era where Conservatives can pretty much get away with anything so I doubt anyone will ever be held accountable.

7 hours ago, MACK2THEFUTURE said:

I near always have a peanut's whisper advocating for the other side of a particular issue in my mind... even on Trump's collusion. But to say the magnitudes of publicly known evidence on the issues are equivalent just does not make sense to me.

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

The amount of high level people that quit/recuse themselves or were fired due to this issue is proof enough that something real is going on. Otherwise I might agree with you but at least a half dozen people close to the Trump administration have quit their jobs due to this.

"Conspiracy theories" with no merit don't cause this amount of high ranking officials to just randomly quit or get fired during the same time period.

I do think we are in an era where Conservatives can pretty much get away with anything so I doubt anyone will ever be held accountable.

Something real is going on... but we don't know what it is yet. 

4c64d6c6e09fa525ec4b3f7c0ea802c689f8f91a

lostone and MACK2THEFUTURE like this

Lock Him Up  . . . .  Lock Him Up . . . .  Lock Him Up 

The totality of the crooked Whitehouse all reverts to #1 so he needs to go before it's too late.

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Trump usually lashes out and looks for a scapegoat when he knows he has ****** up. Accomplishing nothing of note during his honeymoon period is just another example.

"and it has been a lot" :lol: 

The Supreme Court appointment is the main thing I was going for here since imo we were screwed with whoever won the 2016 election, so I will be happy if he just goes away. I'm not concerned with the method by which he goes away, he just needs to go away at this point.

mdrake34 likes this

I want any Trumper to tell me what POTUS has done in an effort to better the lives of Americans. So far his plans (opposite of his platform) have been to eliminate programs that promote our health and environment; remove sactions from enemy countries; tried to ban Muslims, tried to cut healthcare benefits for thousands; hopes to redo tha tax code to benefit millionaires; meets in Mar-a-lago with foriegn leaders that if met at the Whitehouse the conversations would have been recorded. Add these to the Russian controversy and his conflict of business possibilities even though it's Ivanka on the surface, should make any reasonable being with a lick of sense realize his winning the election was a huge mistake.

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

That he's threatening the Democrats to fall in line says everything you need to know about GOP unity.

It is smart of him to try a get bipartisan support, but he is pretty stupid for thinking he has any leverage in these negotiations. If he actually paid attention during the previous budget shutdown, the minority party face little to no backlash.  Plus dems might actually want a shutdown, because it neuters his administration from following through with his agenda.  

He thinks he can dangle CSRs for the wall, but as soon as you are negotiating with dems, CSR is a given. Plus Trump sucks at bluffing. He already showed that during TrumpCare fight and subsequent revivals.  

2 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

It is smart of him to try a get bipartisan support, but he is pretty stupid for thinking he has any leverage in these negotiations. If he actually paid attention during the previous budget shutdown, the minority party face little to no backlash.  Plus dems might actually want a shutdown, because it neuters his administration from following through with his agenda.  

He thinks he can dangle CSRs for the wall, but as soon as you are negotiating with dems, CSR is a given. Plus Trump sucks at bluffing. He already showed that during TrumpCare fight and subsequent revivals.  

If a shutdown means that there aren't enough Republicans to pass then that's on the GOP.  If the Democrats filibuster and create a shutdown then that's on the Democrats.  The latter would be a stupid tactic for Democrats at this point.  Trump is tripping all over himself and it's hurting Republicans, so why do something that would get sympathy for the GOP?

And I completely agree that by now it's obvious that Trump is all bluster and bluff.  I doubt anybody in Congress takes him seriously when it comes to negotiation.

So apparently Jeff Sessions doesn't understand that Hawaii is a state and that federal judges there have the same Constitutional authority as judges elsewhere:

"I really am amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific can issue an order that stops the president of the United States from what appears to be clearly his statutory and constitutional power,” Mr. Sessions said this week in an interview on “The Mark Levin Show,” a conservative talk radio program.

20 minutes ago, big_dog said:

I want any Trumper to tell me what POTUS has done in an effort to better the lives of Americans. So far his plans (opposite of his platform) have been to eliminate programs that promote our health and environment; remove sactions from enemy countries; tried to ban Muslims, tried to cut healthcare benefits for thousands; hopes to redo tha tax code to benefit millionaires; meets in Mar-a-lago with foriegn leaders that if met at the Whitehouse the conversations would have been recorded. Add these to the Russian controversy and his conflict of business possibilities even though it's Ivanka on the surface, should make any reasonable being with a lick of sense realize his winning the election was a huge mistake.

He also signed a bill to allow ISP's to sell our data without our permission further compromizing our privacy.

MACK2THEFUTURE likes this

24 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

So apparently Jeff Sessions doesn't understand that Hawaii is a state and that federal judges there have the same Constitutional authority as judges elsewhere:

"I really am amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific can issue an order that stops the president of the United States from what appears to be clearly his statutory and constitutional power,” Mr. Sessions said this week in an interview on “The Mark Levin Show,” a conservative talk radio program.

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Trump usually lashes out and looks for a scapegoat when he knows he has ****** up. Accomplishing nothing of note during his honeymoon period is just another example.

The guy is just a total embarrassment in every possible way. Who acts this way? 

25 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

He also signed a bill to allow ISP's to sell our data without our permission further compromizing our privacy.

He also nullified gun control measures Obama put in place to prevent people from buying guns who receive social security for mental illness or people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs.

Fun times.