silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

14,370 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Worzone said:

Donald trump presidency: Falcons have the NFL's Sack Leader. 

To think people still thought Beasley was a bust as recently as a couple of months ago. Just makes me more glad that they got my draft crush of that class. :swoon:

JDaveG and Flip Flop like this

2 hours ago, Sobeit said:

El oh el, athletes coming is going to change how black people feel.  This is about as transparent as Hillary and her stupid hot sauce comments.

I am on a wait and see.  Can't wait to see people defending the same ish Obama did.  The hypocrisy will be glorious!

6 hours ago, lostone said:

El oh el, athletes coming is going to change how black people feel.  This is about as transparent as Hillary and her stupid hot sauce comments.

I am on a wait and see.  Can't wait to see people defending the same ish Obama did.  The hypocrisy will be glorious!

By that logic, Trump can topple dictators and leave a power vacuum, allow a new terrorist organization to rise under his nose, oversee the country going yet another nine trillion dollars into debt, never see a single year of 3% GDP growth (he'd be the SECOND president in history to pull that off), and dozens more such examples  

and you will be his most unapologetic defender.

If not, who is the hypocrite? 

WhenFalconsWin and Sobeit like this

3 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

By that logic, Trump can topple dictators and leave a power vacuum, allow a new terrorist organization to rise under his nose, oversee the country going yet another nine trillion dollars into debt, never see a single year of 3% GDP growth (he'd be the SECOND president in history to pull that off), and dozens more such examples  

Not getting into the hypocrisy conversation here -- there plenty of that on both sides for people to highlight.  I just want to ask a few things.

First, which dictators did Obama topple?  Qaddafi?  Who else?

As far as the debt goes, Trump's proposals are set to add far more than that to the debt.  One of the most interesting things for me is whether (and how) Republicans defend Trump if his proposals drive up the debt more than Obama did.  

As far as ISIS, it's perfectly fair to criticize Obama for being slow to recognize that threat.  

8 hours ago, lostone said:

Have you not noticed he will meet and talk to anyone. It is not just a certain group. Bill Gates says he seems like JFK. It is understandable why black people would be so slow to change. Democrats have been treating them so well for so long.

4 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Not getting into the hypocrisy conversation here -- there plenty of that on both sides for people to highlight.  I just want to ask a few things.

First, which dictators did Obama topple?  Qaddafi?  Who else?

As far as the debt goes, Trump's proposals are set to add far more than that to the debt.  One of the most interesting things for me is whether (and how) Republicans defend Trump if his proposals drive up the debt more than Obama did.  

As far as ISIS, it's perfectly fair to criticize Obama for being slow to recognize that threat.  

If Trumps policies run up the debt in a similar manners as Obama's, I will be decrying his falure as loudly as you, but I think his plan can work. Reinvesting in the country, deregulation will increase tax revenue, not decrease it. More jobs means more money, better jobs means better salaries which again means more taxes (even with the cuts), 

Obama policy has created an avalanche of part time jobs that do not pay enough to have everyone contribute taxes. They may look good on paper with no context about the type jobs his leadership has helped cultivate, but we can do better,  much better. I hope Trump is the guy who can guide that new direction from the mediocrity and stagnation that we are presently mired in.

I honestly believe, he would be hard pressed to do a worse job than has been demonstrated the past 16 years.

3 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

If Trumps policies run up the debt in a similar manners as Obama's, I will be decrying his falure as loudly as you, but I think his plan can work. Reinvesting in the country, deregulation will increase tax revenue, not decrease it. More jobs means more money, better jobs means better salaries which again means more taxes (even with the cuts), 

Obama policy has created an avalanche of part time jobs that do not pay enough to have everyone contribute taxes. They may look good on paper with no context about the type jobs his leadership has helped cultivate, but we can do better,  much better. I hope Trump is the guy who can guide that new direction from the mediocrity and stagnation that we are presently mired in.

I honestly believe, he would be hard pressed to do a worse job than has been demonstrated the past 16 years.

That would be nice if it happens.  The problem is that some of the regulation being talked about actually prohibits things like wage theft and the push for "efficiency", which is another word for workers producing more and getting paid less.  In fact, efficiency is one of the reasons for stagnant wages even while corporate profits are at historical highs.  Inefficiency sounds bad on its face, but it's one part of the solid middle class wages.  I don't know how Trump's proposals, especially eliminating regulations and taking a "pro-business" (which often means anti-worker) approach, is going to life wages and grow jobs.

I suppose that we'll see.

29 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

That would be nice if it happens.  The problem is that some of the regulation being talked about actually prohibits things like wage theft and the push for "efficiency", which is another word for workers producing more and getting paid less.  In fact, efficiency is one of the reasons for stagnant wages even while corporate profits are at historical highs.  Inefficiency sounds bad on its face, but it's one part of the solid middle class wages.  I don't know how Trump's proposals, especially eliminating regulations and taking a "pro-business" (which often means anti-worker) approach, is going to life wages and grow jobs.

I suppose that we'll see.

Competition for qualified workers is what drives wages. IBM just announced plans to hire 25,000 people over the next 4 years. The ball is rolling just on optimism, if it continues Trumps "idiocy" may begin to make a lot more sense to his critics, though I doubt they would admit as much. More likely, lingering success from the golden days of Obama.

Just now, silentbob1272 said:

Competition for qualified workers is what drives wages. IBM just announced plans to hire 25,000 people over the next 4 years. The ball is rolling just on optimism, if it continues Trumps "idiocy" may begin to make a lot more sense to his critics, though I doubt they would admit as much. More likely, lingering success from the golden days of Obama.

Obama gets blame/credit for what happens with the economy in 2017.  After that, it's Trump's baby.  Realistically, Trump can't really be blamed for what happens in 2018 either.  But politically speaking, he owns the economy starting in January 2018.

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Don't want to muck up JDaveG's thread and don't want to sidetrack the various hacking threads, so thought this was the best place for this:

58518cbb1800002c00e42a1e.png

For comparison, a CNN poll on Nov 17th asked about Obama favorability and broke down the results by party:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/11/22/rel20b.-.trump.and.obama.pdf

Obama favorability among Republicans: -52%

Putin favorability among Republicans (per chart above): -10%

That's where we're at now.

11 hours ago, silentbob1272 said:

Someone will come on here and defend what Obama has done, oops I see it below too late.  There is so much more you could add to this: Obamacare, lowest labor participation rate that have some falsifying the unemployment rate at 4.9%, highest number of food stamps recipients at any time in modern times...sorry sb, you said dozens more examples, but I had to get these in.  

silentbob1272 likes this

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

We're better of "this" Globalists won over your Globalists.  

WUT?

I am just laughing because Trump ran to take down the globalists and you ate it up, but now he is opening the flood gates for the globalists. I agree with Trump on opening up trade and borders. 

Neoliberalism always wins. Say Word @Billy Ocean

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

WUT?

I am just laughing because Trump ran to take down the globalists and you ate it up, but now he is opening the flood gates for the globalists. I agree with Trump on opening up trade and borders. 

Neoliberalism always wins. Say Word @Billy Ocean

I was joking back with you...I'm still glad Trump won though...that's not a joke.  

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I was joking back with you...I'm still glad Trump won though...that's not a joke.  

I know you are always joking, but the problem was the sentence didn't make sense. 

You are partisan, so I know that, but GoReadUp was claiming that Trump was going to defeat the globalists. Dude got played badly. 

3 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I know you are always joking, but the problem was the sentence didn't make sense. 

You are partisan, so I know that, but GoReadUp was claiming that Trump was going to defeat the globalists. Dude got played badly. 

GF, please don't talk about partisan with me when you are undoubtedly the most partisan person on the board.  Also one that has never voted outside their party like I have.