silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

14,740 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Spicey about to hold daily press briefing.

Disgonbsogud.gif~c200

Any link/news on this yet?  Or do I have to wait for SNL?

Just now, holymoses said:

Any link/news on this yet?  Or do I have to wait for SNL?

I'm listening, he hasn't said anything outrageous yet.

holymoses likes this

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

He managed the campaign for a longer time than Trump has been president, right . . . . . ?

1 minute ago, holymoses said:

He managed the campaign for a longer time than Trump has been president, right . . . . . ?

Yep, from March until August of last year.  How Spicey says things like this with a straight face is beyond me.  George Constanza would have stopped mid sentence and said he couldn't take it anymore.

holymoses, NewFalcon and big_dog like this

Just now, mdrake34 said:

Wiretap?  Who said anything about a wiretap?

24K7F5.gif

I have created proper commentary for this meme.  Still always funny

Go ahead and pat yourself on the back for electing this clown. 

Clown being very very generous because his faults are much more sinister than that. 

big_dog likes this

57 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Do you care at all about this?

^Likes what Comey says when it is convenient, I don't think many people really believes or trusts Comey at this point.  

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

^Likes what Comey says when it is convenient, I don't think many people really believes or trusts Comey at this point.  

:doh:

big_dog and holymoses like this

1 hour ago, MACK2THEFUTURE said:

Since when was Donald Trump a Republican? He's not a politician. Treason is not a Republican - Democrat issue. It's an American one.

Treason, okay.  ^ I watch fake news, therefore I am a conduit for their talking points...just sayin'

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

:doh:

So you think Comey lied under oath that neither the FBI nor the DOJ have any information that support Trump's wire tapping claims?  Is that your position? 

holymoses likes this

3 hours ago, marla_mulder said:

Well, I am disappointed in the accusations against the intelligence community and Obama. I said if there was no evidence, I would be unhappy....and I am. I hope he learns from it.

I also want to highlight that it's rare for someone to acknowledge something like this openly and honestly.  I appreciate that you didn't sink into the partisan defense mode like so many others (both sides) do.  This is why we need more people like Marla on the boards.  We can have an honest conversation about the facts when they come out.  

There are three things that I greatly hope happens moving forward:

First, I hope that, as you indicate, Trump learns from this and starts making more fact-based statements instead of the conspiracy theories.  What we have now is bad for our country as a whole and undermines Trump's ability to govern.

Second, I hope that the FBI concludes its investigation with a finding that none of the Trump people had illegal or inappropriate contacts with Russia.  In other words, I hope that all of this is just a coincidence and that there's nothing there.

Third, I hope that Democrats accept the FBI conclusion and move on.  

None of this is good for the country and we all ought to hope that it gets resolved quickly.  

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

So you think Comey lied under oath that neither the FBI nor the DOJ have any information that support Trump's wire tapping claims?  Is that your position? 

I don't know what evidence they have (no one outside of their circle would) but yes, I do think Comey is dishonest and has got caught up in his own lies.  I also think we're play a word game with "wire-tapping" in the realm of Clinton's, that depends on what the meaning of "is" is, if you get my drift.