silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

14,740 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Dude, what has happened to you??? 

I don't like the extraneous stuff, and I never cared about the birther stuff. I know you think you know everything and your opinions and decisions are SO much more informed and greater than everyone else's...

So why bother with a dumb little country bumpkin like me? There's a reason I've been ignoring your quotes of me...

Why are you so hostile towards me yet deferential to the guy who is so obviously blowing smoke up your "bumkin" ax?

It's pretty weird that the Republicans on the committee aren't trying to figure out whether the leaks or reports regarding Trump's Russian connections are true or not but rather trying to figure out how illegal those leaks are and trying to figure out who the leakers are.

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

It's pretty weird that the Republicans on the committee aren't trying to figure out whether the leaks or reports regarding Trump's Russian connections are true or not but rather trying to figure out how illegal those leaks are and trying to figure out who the leakers are.

Yep thats all they care about.

Just now, holymoses said:

Why are you so hostile towards me yet deferential to the guy who is so obviously blowing smoke up your "bumkin" ax?

Because the only thing that is going to satisfy you is for me to agree with you and say you have been right all along. You want nothing less than for people who have different opinions than you to completely change their views and bow down to your superior intelligence. You're not satisfied having a conversation from our different perspectives...you want change the other person's mind. 

Don't hold your breath for me. You're wasting your time, and quite frankly, it's irritating that you think you are SO right and everyone else with a different opinion is SO wrong.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

2 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Because the only thing that is going to satisfy you is for me to agree with you and say you have been right all along. You want nothing less than for people who have different opinions than you to completely change their views and bow down to your superior intelligence. You're not satisfied having a conversation from our different perspectives...you want change the other person's mind. 

Don't hold your breath for me. You're wasting your time, and quite frankly, it's irritating that you think you are SO right and everyone else with a different opinion is SO wrong.

OOOOOOOOO Moses she snapped on you :lol:

holymoses likes this

18 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Personally, I understand why it's being posted, but it still makes this thread suck. I'm not sure why anybody feels the need to "troll" anybody... I don't understand why we can't all stick to the issues that actually matter to us and have a conversation about that. All of the other stuff is irritating.... at least to me.

And it was irritating to a lot of us over the past seven years seeing the same people post that kind of stuff on a daily basis.  It's a not-so-subtle reminder about the nonsense they whined incessantly about for years.  I think it would all go away if those people who trolled here about Obama's "vacations" would just admit that they were engaging in partisan rhetoric and never really cared about that stuff.  

I'm just here for the exchange of ideas. I like to debate and I like learning new things... some of you are far more knowledgeable in some areas than I am and sometimes you guys change my mind (like water boarding, for example).

Leon Troutsky likes this

6 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Fortunately, I only associate myself with people who recognize my intellectual superiority and agree with me on everything, or bend to my will when they don't. That's why JDave and I are real life buds. 

falconsd56, BrockSamson and JDaveG like this

Just now, holymoses said:

Fortunately, I only associate myself with people who recognize my intellectual superiority and agree with me on everything, or bend to my will when they don't. That's why JDave and I are real life buds. 

I recognize the sarcasm. However, most of your responses to me are not attempts at genuine discussion...and you know that.

16 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Image may contain: 1 person, text

1 minute ago, holymoses said:

OH Holymoses  I bow down to your superior intellect please allow me the honor of basking in your endless flow of bull chit

holymoses and BrockSamson like this

32 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Do you really think that Mdrake and others who are posting about the Trump vacations are seriously concerned about the cost or even that he's playing golf?  

Why do you think they are posting that stuff?

I don't know. I do know I never whined about President Obama's travel schedule and agreed with y'all that it was ridiculous to do so. 

I still think that. It's his house. Protecting the president is expensive. This is hardly scandalous stuff. 

Billy Ocean likes this

23 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Thought this was interesting...

Wikileaks conveniently left out that Comey said the Russian government used an intermediary to deal with Wikileaks. 

3 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

This is true. Leaks are human nature,they are everywhere people love a good story .When you discover a wrongdoing in your organization ............

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Wikileaks conveniently left out that Comey said the Russian government used an intermediary to deal with Wikileaks. 

But did Wikileaks know that? I'm assuming they didn't... they've said the entire time that they did not deal with Russia.