silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

14,920 posts in this topic

liberals and conservatives, lobbyists and thier surrogates drop tens of thousands of dollars on private investigators and false leads in the primaries that come to not all the time and it's a drop in bucket for them. In fact I wonder how much time and capital Trump put into his pet birth certificate project that went on for years, I'd call it a folly but without it he's probably not president so there's that.

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

So Trump can spew out any baselsss lie implicating anyone he wants with no consequences?

Posted (edited)

Whitehouse briefing about to start (3pm) to debunk Trumps bs about the Obama wiretap of Trump Tower. And it's a bipartison decision. Can't wait to see what's going to be said.

Edited by big_dog

2 minutes ago, big_dog said:

Whitehouse briefing about to start (3pm) to debunk Trumps bs about the Obama wiretap of Trump Tower.

And it's a bipartison decision. Can't wait to see what's going to be said.

Get your popcorn b_d, this is your big moment...they are going to announce his impending impeachment :D

Sobeit and marla_mulder like this

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Get your popcorn b_d, this is your big moment...they are going to announce his impending impeachment :D

I'd just be happy knowing I can start using my microwave again. 

falconsd56 and lostone like this

16 minutes ago, big_dog said:

Whitehouse briefing about to start (3pm) to debunk Trumps bs about the Obama wiretap of Trump Tower. And it's a bipartison decision. Can't wait to see what's going to be said.

Yeah, Spicey ain't touching that.

lostone and atl falcon 89 like this

46 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

So Trump can spew out any baselsss lie implicating anyone he wants with no consequences?

It would appear so.  And no one seems to really be bothered by that.  Cause the media and democrats are meanie heads.

atl falcon 89, Statick and WOR like this

17 hours ago, Sobeit said:

Show it to me in the law.

Freedom of Religion and freedom from Religion are both protected in  the constitution. The Trump travel ban is therefore unconstitutional . The Ban targeted members of a certain religion. The Ban is wrong and will not make us safer , quite the opposite actually . Thankfully the Judges are much wiser than you and your boy Trump.

Sean Spicer is trying to lecture the press on how to do their job while refusing to answer any questions about wiretapping or anonymous sources. How anyone can believe a word he says is beyond me.

18 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Progressive think tank finding  35 voters in one city does not actually seem "extensive". 

I was also asking you to give your opinion on the article itself. Specifically on the passage I quoted.

That’s a belief widely shared among progressives around the world. A legion of commentators and politicians, most prominently in the United States but also in Europe, have argued that center-left parties must shift further to the left in order to fight off right-wing populists such as Trump and France’s Marine Le Pen. Supporters of these leaders, they argue, are motivated by a sense of economic insecurity in an increasingly unequal world; promise them a stronger welfare state, one better equipped to address their fundamental needs, and they will flock to the left.

“[It’s] a kind of liberal myth,” Pippa Norris, a Harvard political scientist who studies populism in the United States and Europe, says of the Sanders analysis. “[Liberals] want to have a reason why people are supporting populist parties when their values are so clearly against progressive values in terms of misogyny, sexism, racism.”

The problem is that a lot of data suggests that countries with more robust welfare states tend to have stronger far-right movements. Providing white voters with higher levels of economic security does not tamp down their anxieties about race and immigration — or, more precisely, it doesn’t do it powerfully enough. For some, it frees them to worry less about what it’s in their wallet and more about who may be moving into their neighborhoods or competing with them for jobs.

"Strengthening the social safety net will just make the working class more racist."

My opinion?

Um, that's some dank liberalism.

Its was embarrassing to watch Spicer try and spin reality into Alt reality.

At one point accusing the reporter of a false narrative. He should be ashamed of himself.

The country is being turned into a reality show..

big_dog, mdrake34 and holymoses like this

20 minutes ago, defcon4 said:

Its was embarrassing to watch Spicer try and spin reality into Alt reality.

At one point accusing the reporter of a false narrative. He should be ashamed of himself.

The country is being turned into a reality show..

Duck dynasty, president style

11 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

**** the poor, hungry children, elderly, and vulnerable people in general but we're going to keep Mexicans and Muslims out MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Now you know that these hungry children and the poor elderly should have thought about food before buying that new I-Phone. :rolleyes: :bang:

lostone and mdrake34 like this