silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

14,330 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

He has to keep Wallstreet's beak wet or they'll send their illuminati ninjas after him

Just for the record, Hillary wasn't in bed with Wall street, got it. ;)

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Just for the record, Hillary wasn't in bed with Wallstreet, got it. ;)

She didn't get ninja'd did she?

4 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Is your paycheck smaller and expenses greater than it would it have been prior to the law?  If the national trends are any indication, the answer is no.  You can't just say, "well my costs are higher so the plan is a failure".  

And the replacement plan being offered would cost 14 million people their coverage next year.  It would cause premiums to skyrocket over the next several years.  So under the replacement proposed by the GOP, it's likely that your costs and expenses would go up much more than they have the last few years, and your paycheck will be much smaller over the next few years than it would be now.

Saying it will cost 14 million people coverage is a lie.  People will voluntarily give up their coverage because there won't be a mandate.  

if you can afford health insurance and choose not to get it, hospitals should legally be able to turn you away.  

**** these people.  

4 minutes ago, kicker said:

Saying it will cost 14 million people coverage is a lie.  People will voluntarily give up their coverage because there won't be a mandate.  

if you can afford health insurance and choose not to get it, hospitals should legally be able to turn you away.  

**** these people.  

You've posted this more than once, and while I think you're right about some number in between 1 and 14 million people, I don't think that 14 million people will suddenly not want health insurance.  I don't know if that's one million, 5 million, 11 million, etc . . ., but I don't think I've see you make that distinction either. 

Leon Troutsky likes this

5 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

You've posted this more than once, and while I think you're right about some number in between 1 and 14 million people, I don't think that 14 million people will suddenly not want health insurance.  I don't know if that's one million, 5 million, 11 million, etc . . ., but I don't think I've see you make that distinction either. 

The CBO didn't make that distinction either.  They said "most."  He continues to say it.  It's a lie.  

Full quote:

"Most of that increase would stem from repealing the penalties associated with the individual mandate. Some of those people would choose not to have insurance because they chose to be covered by insurance under current law only to avoid paying the penalties, and some people would forgo insurance in response to higher premiums"

3 minutes ago, kicker said:

The CBO didn't make that distinction either.  They said "most."  He continues to say it.  It's a lie.  

Full quote:

"Most of that increase would stem from repealing the penalties associated with the individual mandate. Some of those people would choose not to have insurance because they chose to be covered by insurance under current law only to avoid paying the penalties, and some people would forgo insurance in response to higher premiums"

So it's not a lie, it's accurate.  As Mdrake said, they don't say what number is the first versus the second and neither do you.  Even if it's half who can't afford insurance due to the higher premiums that result from this bill, you'll still have 7.5 million people thrown off their insurance.

8 minutes ago, kicker said:

**** these people.  

The White House said 12 million received coverage through Obamacare exchanges, so you're assuming every single one of them plus an extra 2 million are gleefully anticipating this. You're also not taking into account that the CBO projected that 24 million will lose their coverage by 2026... but I guess you're assuming all of them are looking forward to that.

“Wiretap covers a lot of different things,” he told Fox News’ Tucker Carlson in an interview set to air Wednesday night, according to excerpts of the transcript. “I think you’re going to find some very interesting items coming to the forefront over the next two weeks.”

^^^Trump already backing off of his claim that Obama wiretapped his phones at Trump Tower.  Looks like he realizes his own agency heads aren't going to back him up on his lies.

5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

“Wiretap covers a lot of different things,” he told Fox News’ Tucker Carlson in an interview set to air Wednesday night, according to excerpts of the transcript. “I think you’re going to find some very interesting items coming to the forefront over the next two weeks.”

^^^Trump already backing off of his claim that Obama wiretapped his phones at Trump Tower.  Looks like he realizes his own agency heads aren't going to back him up on his lies.

Is this really Trump or is it prank call Trump?

0dfd0495633d362c479acd444693ccd7.jpg

20 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

So it's not a lie, it's accurate.  As Mdrake said, they don't say what number is the first versus the second and neither do you.  Even if it's half who can't afford insurance due to the higher premiums that result from this bill, you'll still have 7.5 million people thrown off their insurance.

Not even close to accurate.  The CBO says "most" of the 14 million will voluntarily forego insurance next year.  Not lost, they are just leaving the health insurance system.  

Keep using that 14 million number, because you're a partisan hack, though.  

The bill has has a lot to hate in it.  Letting the worthless piece of ***** among us forego insurance because they're being themselves isn't one of them.  

2 minutes ago, kicker said:

Not even close to accurate.  The CBO says "most" of the 14 million will voluntarily forego insurance next year.  Not lost, they are just leaving the health insurance system.  

Keep using that 14 million number, because you're a partisan hack, though.  

The bill has has a lot to hate in it.  Letting the worthless piece of ***** among us forego insurance because they're being themselves isn't one of them.  

From the quote you posted:

"Most of that increase would stem from repealing the penalties associated with the individual mandate. Some of those people would choose not to have insurance because they chose to be covered by insurance under current law only to avoid paying the penalties, and some people would forgo insurance in response to higher premiums"

"Forgo insurance in response to higher premiums" means they lose their insurance because they can't afford the higher premiums.  Even if that's half of the 14 million, it's still 7.5 million people getting kicked off because of this legislation.  And that's not even mentioning the millions more who would lose because of the Medicaid expansion repeal.  

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

From the quote you posted:

"Most of that increase would stem from repealing the penalties associated with the individual mandate. Some of those people would choose not to have insurance because they chose to be covered by insurance under current law only to avoid paying the penalties, and some people would forgo insurance in response to higher premiums"

"Forgo insurance in response to higher premiums" means they lose their insurance because they can't afford the higher premiums.  Even if that's half of the 14 million, it's still 7.5 million people getting kicked off because of this legislation.  And that's not even mentioning the millions more who would lose because of the Medicaid expansion repeal.  

In what world is 7.5 of 14 (53%)"some"???  Some is by definition less than half.  

Can I manage your finances?  I promise to let you keep "most" of your money.

1 minute ago, kicker said:

In what world is 7.5 of 14 (53%)"some"???  Some is by definition less than half.  

Can I manage your finances?  I promise to let you keep "most" of your money.

"Some of those people would choose not to have insurance because they chose to be covered by insurance under current law only to avoid paying the penalties, and some people would forgo insurance in response to higher premiums"

First, I meant 7 million.  Yes, that was a math goof.  Second, regarding the semantics of this, again look at the quote that you posted.  We are given two options and no indication which option will involve more people.  That's why I went with half.  Unless you're saying there's some alternative ways that people will become uninsured that wasn't specified by the CBO.  Again, I'm going off of what you posted.

10 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

"Some of those people would choose not to have insurance because they chose to be covered by insurance under current law only to avoid paying the penalties, and some people would forgo insurance in response to higher premiums"

First, I meant 7 million.  Yes, that was a math goof.  Second, regarding the semantics of this, again look at the quote that you posted.  We are given two options and no indication which option will involve more people.  That's why I went with half.  Unless you're saying there's some alternative ways that people will become uninsured that wasn't specified by the CBO.  Again, I'm going off of what you posted.

Again, read the first sentence.  Most will forego insurance because of the repeal of the individual mandate.  How does that become "losing" health insurance?  Please answer.  

3 minutes ago, Spectre said:

If I'm laughing it's only cause if this had been a Hillary chair, DH or HMFIC we'd already be like six threads and several paragraphs about Pizza deep or some shyt :rolleyes: 

Flimsy blog sites are only credible if they support my partisan viewpoint

Leon Troutsky and mdrake34 like this