silentbob1272

The Trump Presidency

24,858 posts in this topic

On 12/9/2016 at 4:14 PM, Serge said:

FTR, I was told many times that the point of keeping transgender people from using public bathrooms that correspond to their gender identity was that condoning it would give child molesters free reign to attack children. You can't compare something so heinous to typical SJW hyperbole.

Many times.

Your not going to be able to say fathers or mothers soon. 

History class  gonna be like, today we are going to talk about Americas founding  biological figures. 

"HB2 wouldn't have been needed if not for that city law that was passed in the state!"

You mean the one where discriminatory protection was extended to transgender people?

"******* GODLESS PERVERTED FREAKS WANT TO MOLEST MY CHILDREN"

I can't imagine why that city law was needed.

18 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

"HB2 wouldn't have been needed if not for that city law that was passed in the state!"

You mean the one where discriminatory protection was extended to transgender people?

Explain to us why the law was needed. But do it while referring to me as an attack helicopter.

26 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

They'll have you being a pedophile apologist next......no really. That is next in line for the LGBQTKDOSNE croud.

NYT already has an article claiming it's a 'mental disorder' and we should be 'helping' them.

Enjoy your rabbit hole.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

They'll have you being a pedophile apologist next......no really. That is next in line for the LGBQTKDOSNE croud.

NYT already has an article claiming it's a 'mental disorder' and we should be 'helping' them.

Enjoy your rabbit hole.

Nah, I left the Church. ;)

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Pedophilia has been classified as a mental disorder forever man.

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You can leave the church, but the church don't leave you!

I know. Right when you feel like you don't have to bother with that anymore the religious right keeps trying to pass religious freedom laws. :( At least David Ralston said he's had enough with attempts to pass those laws in Georgia so we [most likely/hopefully] won't have to deal with that nonsense here.

6 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Pedophilia has been classified as a mental disorder forever man.

At the very least he's differentiating the alphabet soup from pedophilia, unlike certain others on here. I'll give him credit for that.

1 minute ago, Worzone said:

From now on you must refer to me by my pronoun The Greatest. anyone not referring to me as the Greatest is violating my civil rights. 

I'm glad you clarified that because I was going to call you "floats like a butterfly stings like a bee" I was :D

Darth Falcon likes this

It all starts when people start saying that raping your wife is still rape. Then we start making excuses for sexual deviants, start calling the filthy choices sinners make their "sexuality" or a "disorder" or something, and then you're marrying kids off to animals over a pit of burning Bibles. I started Shameless a month ago and I'm on season 4. 

16 hours ago, Worzone said:

Your not going to be able to say fathers or mothers soon. 

History class  gonna be like, today we are going to talk about Americas founding  biological figures. 

Remember when you said it would be criminalized to preach that homosexuality is a sin? Good times. 

Leon Troutsky and falconsd56 like this

2 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

Remember when you said it would be criminalized to preach that homosexuality is a sin? Good times. 

You're so sure that it won't? To be fair the Canadian Supreme Court justified their decision because they said this guy's message extended beyond the holy teaching into hate speech, but a slippery slope to be sure for Canada, and if it can happen there I don't think it's beyond imagination at all that many in our society could agree that this philosophy should be here as well. It would only take the election of like minded people. I don't see it coming around the corner, but to just outright dismiss the possibility, and to even go further by ridiculing anyone who disagrees is short sighted and dense.

http://www.thepinkhumanist.com/news/back-issue-features/55-canadian-court-rules-against-biblical-hate-speech

24 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Good news. Trump says he doesn't need daily intelligence briefings, because he's a "smart person".

He's got this, y'all

http://time.com/4597376/donald-trump-fox-news-intelligence-cia-russia/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook

He knows words......lots of great smart words....he does not need to read more words that are not as great .

atl falcon 89 and Door Gunner like this

7 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

You're so sure that it won't? To be fair the Canadian Supreme Court justified their decision because they said this guy's message extended beyond the holy teaching into hate speech, but a slippery slope to be sure for Canada, and if it can happen there I don't think it's beyond imagination at all that many in our society could agree that this philosophy should be here as well. It would only take the election of like minded people. I don't see it coming around the corner, but to just outright dismiss the possibility, and to even go further by ridiculing anyone who disagrees is short sighted and dense.

http://www.thepinkhumanist.com/news/back-issue-features/55-canadian-court-rules-against-biblical-hate-speech

Last time I checked freedom of speech as guaranteed by the first amendment is not the same as free speech in canada. 

big_dog and Gritzblitz 2.0 like this

1 minute ago, silentbob1272 said:

No, it wouldn't. Free speech operates differently in Canada than it does here. There it can, and is, regulated to prosecute speech that is designated as hateful (among other things). You could say it's more of a privilege there than a right there.

Here you can say pretty much anything you want short of threatening or inciting violence. The closest thing you'll get here in terms of laws are ones where businesses, schools, etc. are barred from denying service to protected classes of people who have historically been discriminated against.