Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slickgadawg

Hawks need Devin Booker...

18 posts in this topic

I know this ain't happening but i'll go over it anyway. ( I said the Hawks should get Howard years ago and it happened, so who knows). The Hawks ownership keeps saying they are about championships. Ok, pouring millions into infracstructure is one thing, but bringing in "championship" caliber players is another.

I love the Hawks roster. Its the best roster since the Nique/Fratello days and may be even better than those rosters. That being said, i STILL feel the weak link is Korver. It would never happen, but offer Phoenix Korver, Splitter, Bembry  and a 1st round pick for Devin Booker. It might take more than that, but at least try it. I dont want the Hawks giving up Thabo or Prince and Baze was just signed, so you know he isn't going anywhere.  Phoenix is a scrub team, so Booker isn't taking them anywhere. Who knows, you offer Phoenix enough, they might bite.

Boston and Cleveland are not gonna sit pat and let the trade deadline go by without trying to catch up to Atlanta. Boston is actively pursuing Klay Thompson, and Cleveland is gonna sit back and watch the Hawks and decide later if they need to tweak that roster.

The Hawks still have too many times during games where nobody can create offense or the offense goes cold. Booker in that lineup instantly and clearly puts them above Cleveland:

pg Schroeder

sg Booker

sf Baze

pf Milsap

c Howard

Edited by slickgadawg
datboilando likes this

5 minutes ago, FalconsInstitutionalSize said:

no

I remember when 95 percent of Hawks fans said " NO" to the Hawks signing Dwight Howard... I was clowned for mentioning it at least 3 years ago... The Hawks need a player like Devin Booker...

Edited by slickgadawg

9 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

I know this ain't happening but i'll go over it anyway. ( I said the Hawks should get Howard years ago and it happened, so who knows). The Hawks ownership keeps saying they are about championships. Ok, pouring millions into infracstructure is one thing, but bringing in "championship" caliber players is another.

I love the Hawks roster. Its the best roster since the Nique/Fratello days and may be even better than those rosters. That being said, i STILL feel the weak link is Korver. It would never happen, but offer Phoenix Korver, Splitter, Bembry  and a 1st round pick for Devin Booker. It might take more than that, but at least try it. I dont want the Hawks giving up Thabo or Prince and Baze was just signed, so you know he isn't going anywhere.  Phoenix is a scrub team, so Booker isn't taking them anywhere. Who knows, you offer Phoenix enough, they might bite.

Boston and Cleveland are not gonna sit pat and let the trade deadline go by without trying to catch up to Atlanta. Boston is actively pursuing Klay Thompson, and Cleveland is gonna sit back and watch the Hawks and decide later if they need to tweak that roster.

The Hawks still have too many times during games where nobody can create offense or the offense goes cold. Booker in that lineup instantly and clearly puts them above Cleveland:

pg Schroeder

sg Booker

sf Baze

pf Milsap

c Howard

I would like this move.  Korver is not the player two years ago and these surgeries are finally catching up with him.  

slickgadawg likes this

Dwight was never interested in signing with the Hawks until this season. He was brought in for an interview 3 years ago and HE CHOOSE the Rockets.

Suns aren't trading Booker.

If Brooklyn didn't make the playoffs 2 years ago when we had the pick swap the Hawks more than likey take Booker.

slickgadawg likes this

3 hours ago, FalconsInstitutionalSize said:

he's to small

Same size as J.R. Smith who ROUTINELY crushes the Hawks in the playoffs...And get this, Smith is primarily a catch and shoot player...Devin Booker can CREATE...

Edited by slickgadawg

On 11/21/2016 at 1:57 PM, slickgadawg said:

I remember when 95 percent of Hawks fans said " NO" to the Hawks signing Dwight Howard... I was clowned for mentioning it at least 3 years ago... The Hawks need a player like Devin Booker...

Yeah, except the SG position is crowded right now. And Baze isn't a SF. The only reason he's playing the position now is because Carroll is gone and Prince is still a rookie (whom Bud refuses to play for extended minutes). I hate any lineup that has Baze at the 3. He just doesn't do well at that spot. There's a reason we drafted Prince.

I would love Booker, but as you said, it isn't happening. On the bright side, I think Prince will be a solid SF for us. Now if we are totally going out there, I would love Russell Westbrook lol. And why not KAT too while we are at it? (obviously kidding)

But next year I would like to see us let Korver walk. 

Thought he was like 6'3 I wouldn't be against getting him but would rather wait until the off season. Still don't know what you have until the team is synced. Also it's not like the spurs won all their chips in one decade. Grantid to be the spurs you better find a Hofer. Also base is really not a three at all maybe in "spurts"

There is nothing the Hawks have that can get them Booker. Anyone saying they wouldn't trade Bazemore or Prince for him is on Crack.