Falconsfan567

2017 World Baseball Classic

238 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I'm not a big fan of the WBC but I understand why they do it.  

I'm a huge fan of the idea but I don't like when they do it. I wish there was a way they could pause the baseball season for a couple of weeks and have it that way when all the players are already is shape. The NHL for years has stopped their season for a couple of weeks in the middle of it for the Olympics every 4 years. They don't see a suffer in fan support because of it.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm a huge fan of the idea but I don't like when they do it. I wish there was a way they could pause the baseball season for a couple of weeks and have it that way when all the players are already is shape. The NHL for years has stopped their season for a couple of weeks in the middle of it for the Olympics every 4 years. They don't see a suffer in fan support because of it.

****. No.

I like it where it is, thanks. It doesn't disrupt the season.

13 minutes ago, K26dp said:

****. No.

I like it where it is, thanks. It doesn't disrupt the season.

And I can definitely understand the opposition to the idea. I'm not thrilled idea of having it in the middle of the season myself. But I hate seeing guys (mostly pitchers) get all jacked up to play in it and then get hurt because they went too hard too fast.

31 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

And I can definitely understand the opposition to the idea. I'm not thrilled idea of having it in the middle of the season myself. But I hate seeing guys (mostly pitchers) get all jacked up to play in it and then get hurt because they went too hard too fast.

Then they should train like professionals and not do that.

I love watching WBC. Matter of fact, I love watching countries go head to head in many sports. But I do hate that WBC is played just prior to the regular MLB season risking injury to MLB players. I like the idea of having it right after the world series is over. Unless that interferes with seasons in other countries.

Team Canada is trying to get Freddie Freeman. Freeman's parents were both born in Canada and they're trying to use that to get Freddie even though he is from California.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

If you can dig up an ancestor you can play for anyone. Rizzo plays for Italy. 

Well I really hope Freddie stays true to America!

Apparently Venezuela players are upset that Omar Vizquel isn't manager and are threatening to drop out. Vizquel is insisting to media that he's still manager. Omar was manager but was reportedly fired for differences with the GM.

On 11/30/2016 at 5:25 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

Team Canada is trying to get Freddie Freeman. Freeman's parents were both born in Canada and they're trying to use that to get Freddie even though he is from California.

They can **** off. I don't want to root against Freeman.

6 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

I kinda look forward to the WBC as well, I'd love to see it catch on one day

I just think spring training is a bad time for it to take place. It would probably have more success coming on the heels of the World Series. So many MLB guys (mainly pitchers) have gotten hurt trying to ramp it up too fast in order to play in this thing and that is why quite a few of the big name stars elect to not participate. These other leagues that play baseball pretty much year round always have the advantage of being in full baseball shape and the US players don't. It's one of the reasons the US team has never really been competitive.

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I just think spring training is a bad time for it to take place. It would probably have more success coming on the heels of the World Series. So many MLB guys (mainly pitchers) have gotten hurt trying to ramp it up too fast in order to play in this thing and that is why quite a few of the big name stars elect to not participate. These other leagues that play baseball pretty much year round always have the advantage of being in full baseball shape and the US players don't. It's one of the reasons the US team has never really been competitive.

True but I don't really see it competing well for viewership  during the peak of football season either 

2 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

True but I don't really see it competing well for viewership  during the peak of football season either 

It doesn't get much viewership as it currently stands.

Noble idea but there's no good way to do this thing when the pro season here stretches through 10 months of the year.

It's a great idea but it is tough to pull off. Spring Training is probably as good as it's going to get. You have the qualification rounds that some teams have to go through leading up to the WBC.

By the way Freeman made it official he'll play for Canada.

57 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

It's a great idea but it is tough to pull off. Spring Training is probably as good as it's going to get. You have the qualification rounds that some teams have to go through leading up to the WBC.

By the way Freeman made it official he'll play for Canada.

That's extremely disappointing.

WBC rosters are announced tonight at 6 PM on MLB Network. So far we know Freeman, Teheran, Inciarte and Garcia will suit up for their country.