Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slickgadawg

Howard should've always been a Hawk...

18 posts in this topic

When he left Orlando, he should've been a Hawk. I never bought into the small frontcourt the Hawks deployed for years with Horford at center. Coach Bud has proven what i thought, that Howard in the middle, makes his offense even easier. There isn't as much pressure now to make their jump shots because of Howard. Bud has changed his offense so that it still emphasizes ball movement, but included a post game now with his center.  Howard obviously brings the rebounding and blocked shots that Horford didn't bring also.  I love what i'm seeing so far...

JerseyNo12 and Slappywhite like this

On 11/4/2016 at 7:48 AM, slickgadawg said:

When he left Orlando, he should've been a Hawk. I never bought into the small frontcourt the Hawks deployed for years with Horford at center. Coach Bud has proven what i thought, that Howard in the middle, makes his offense even easier. There isn't as much pressure now to make their jump shots because of Howard. Bud has changed his offense so that it still emphasizes ball movement, but included a post game now with his center.  Howard obviously brings the rebounding and blocked shots that Horford didn't bring also.  I love what i'm seeing so far...

I think this is what he always envisioned his team to be. You gotta have inside presence. The Spurs have always had it with Tim Duncan, David Robinson, a younger and healthier Splitter, and now LaMarcus Aldridge and Pau Gasol.

slickgadawg likes this

Not to rain on the parade, but the Hawks need to get past the Cavs in the playoffs, or the results will be the same as the Horford years.

1 hour ago, Halsey. said:

Not to rain on the parade, but the Hawks need to get past the Cavs in the playoffs, or the results will be the same as the Horford years.

Which is why i said they shouldn't sit pat with this roster and go after a player like Devin Booker...

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 0:01 PM, slickgadawg said:

Which is why i said they shouldn't sit pat with this roster and go after a player like Devin Booker...

Again - The Suns are not trading Booker. How do you propose the Hawks 'go after' him?

They'll be moving Knight and/or Bledsoe before Booker - he is a part of their future.

Dwight's recent play and behavior seems like same ole Dwight. He won't change the Hawks from continuing to be just another also ran.

However, still would have rather the Hawks traded up to get him #1 back in 2004 instead of taking Josh Chilbust and Josh Smith.

36 minutes ago, Halsey. said:

THE HAWKS recent play and behavior seems like same ole HAWKS. They won't change and will continue to be just another also ran.

Corrected that for you...

1 hour ago, Halsey. said:

Dwight's recent play and behavior seems like same ole Dwight. He won't change the Hawks from continuing to be just another also ran.

However, still would have rather the Hawks traded up to get him #1 back in 2004 instead of taking Josh Chilbust and Josh Smith.

Except Orlando had no interest in trading the #1 pick - they were selecting Howard or Okafor.

4 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

Except Orlando had no interest in trading the #1 pick - they were selecting Howard or Okafor.

Proof?

3 hours ago, Halsey. said:

Proof?

Tracy McGrady was on that team at the time and wanted them to draft Okafor since he was the college vet while Howard was the high school phenom.

The Magic opted to trade McGrady meaning they were keeping the #1 pick to rebuild the franchise.