Unkn0wn

MLB Offseason

625 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, K26dp said:

Freeman beats Rizzo in every single major offensive category except RBI and doubles (and they tied in doubles). 

Beauty pagent. Parades = Awards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Blue Jays signing young Cuban star Lourdes Gurriel Jr. for 7 years, $22 million

That's a really great get for them. That price shocks me. I think he'll offer that much in value in two years in the majors (although I'm sure he'll start in the minors).* MLBTR indicates that he'll become arb-eligible if he wants, but that's still an amazing upside transaction.

* = I thought Hector Olivera would be great, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yankees have told teams they're willing to eat half of McCann's contract to move him. So basically any team trading McCann would be getting him on a 2-year deal for just $17M. The issue is the Yankees still want multiple top tier prospects in return and it's hard to imagine anyone paying that price now that Dave Stewart is no longer a GM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Blue Jays have signed Kendrys Morales for 3 years, $33 million. Goodbye, Edwin.

The Phillies have traded for Howie Kendrick. The Dodgers will get Darin Ruf and Darnell Sweeney in return... I don't understand this one from the Phillies perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phillies are turning 1B over to Tommy Joseph. I'm guessing they plan to flip Kendrick if it goes to plan. I advise the Phillies to see Erick Aybar though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yankees have told teams they're willing to eat half of McCann's contract to move him. So basically any team trading McCann would be getting him on a 2-year deal for just $17M. The issue is the Yankees still want multiple top tier prospects in return and it's hard to imagine anyone paying that price now that Dave Stewart is no longer a GM.

This may drag out while they try to get their price. Jon Heyman said earlier the money is now right for Atlanta but they won't send significant prospects. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The Blue Jays have signed Kendrys Morales for 3 years, $33 million. Goodbye, Edwin.

The Phillies have traded for Howie Kendrick. The Dodgers will get Darin Ruf and Darnell Sweeney in return... I don't understand this one from the Phillies perspective.

That doesn't make any sense for the Phillies. About as much sense as them trading for and paying Pat Neshek 6.5M in 2017. But I'm not gonna complain. Let the Phillies screw up their rebuild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angels get a desperately needed arm for the rotation. They agreed to a 1 year $5.75M deal with Jesse Chavez. It can be $8.75M with incentives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Angels get a desperately needed arm for the rotation. They agreed to a 1 year $5.75M deal with Jesse Chavez. It can be $8.75M with incentives. 

Angels lately not lucky with free agent pitchers.  CJ Wilson was horrible for them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Angels lately not lucky with free agent pitchers.  CJ Wilson was horrible for them.  

A lot of Angels pitchers that signed there don't do so well including their own players that get extended like Jered Weaver.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Brandon Phillips is reportedly more willing to waive his no trade this winter. He wasn't ready to leave last offseason.

How much does he have left on his contract.  NEver mind.  35.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

How much does he have left on his contract.  NEver mind.  35.  

Yeah, way too much. Braves aren't gonna acquire a second baseman in a trade. It's just not gonna happen. There's no reason too when Albies is so close to being deemed ready. We'll role with Jace Peterson and I expect to sign someone like Kelly Johnson or Gordon Beckham as insurance. That is what the Braves will do with second base.

usmcdirtybird likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah, way too much. Braves aren't gonna acquire a second baseman in a trade. It's just not gonna happen. There's no reason too when Albies is so close to being deemed ready. We'll role with Jace Peterson and I expect to sign someone like Kelly Johnson or Gordon Beckham as insurance. That is what the Braves will do with second base.

Do you think we go for a big piece even with the recent acquisitions of Dickey and Colon.  I am only dreaming here.  I would love Archer and Longoria.  Those two would turn our team into a playoff contender.  We will not because we have a nice young one coming soon with Ruiz.

Our infield will be young and deadly in years to come

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Do you think we go for a big piece even with the recent acquisitions of Dickey and Colon.  I am only dreaming here.  I would love Archer and Longoria.  Those two would turn our team into a playoff contender.  We will not because we have a nice young one coming soon with Ruiz.

Our infield will be young and deadly in years to come

Sadly I don't see the Braves making a big move. The Braves are what they are. Signing a few veteran stop gaps in free agency to fill out the roster until the kids are ready. The Braves will suck in 2017. 75 wins tops if everything goes right. It pisses me off but I've accepted it reality.

usmcdirtybird likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2016 at 1:23 AM, Falconsfan567 said:

Platinum Glove winners

  • Francisco Lindor
  • Anthony Rizzo

Who does Rizzo have pictures of? It's ridiculous that a first baseman is awarded the best defensive player of a league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Sadly I don't see the Braves making a big move. The Braves are what they are. Signing a few veteran stop gaps in free agency to fill out the roster until the kids are ready. The Braves will suck in 2017. 75 wins tops if everything goes right. It pisses me off but I've accepted it reality.

Not suck, going in the right direction.  It does make sense because we will have the cash for the huge free agent class for 2018.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Derek, no offense dude, but the Rangers are done with you.  

Michael Martini, the representative for free agent left-hander Derek Holland, said Saturday that his client would like a guaranteed rotation spot somewhere and is open to accepting a one-year deal. The Pirates are among the teams in the hunt for the 30-year-old, per Martini, but Holland told 105.3 The Fan that his ideal scenario is to re-sign with the Rangers (via the Dallas Morning News).

I told (Rangers president and general manager) [Jon Daniels] when I get offered something, I want to throw that to them and see if they want to compete with it or whatnot, Holland said. “I want to give the Rangers a chance, no matter what. I’m always going to leave that door open. I’m not closing that door. If they close the door, then fine, I guess I have to close the door. But as far as I know it’s still open and I’m leaving it open for them as well.”

The Rangers chose last week to decline Holland’s $11MM club option for 2017 in favor of a $1.5MM buyout, though Holland is pleased with the way Daniels handled it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now