Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpongeDad

Walking Dead Season 7 Discussion

366 posts in this topic

For the first time in the series I have no idea what they will do from this point on or how they will take down Negan. it appears he had over 50 people there armed to the tooth, and that likely isn't even everyone in his group. Even if you combined Hilltop, Alexandria, and even this new group Carol is with, that is a fight that could cost the lives of most everyone on both sides if not done right, even done right would cost the lives of a lot of people. 

I haven't watched many shows that go from absolutely action packed and tense and then to boring as **** as TWD. I know all episodes can't be killers but it seems like they always have a boring episode lined up after a good one.

P.S. I mentioned that I live miles from the set of Alexandria before. I have never seen so many cops surrounding the set as I did Friday night. I've also never seen that many tourists either though but they literally had about 10 squad cars with lights on surrounding the perimeter. Normally we're only talking two without lights on along with their security.

This episode felt like "the farm" episodes; boring as fck. And the season on the farm made me quit watching for a long time. At least we have Negan as a prop to keep us hooked this time. 

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

If Ezekiel hadn't came clean with Carol I was ready to be done with the show. 

If the CG effect of his tiger was shítty, I would think I was watching Sharknado. But luckily they did a good job with it. 

You guys are ridiculous. This was the perfect episode to follow up last week with. Levity and heart were very much needed. I thought Carol's reaction was perfect as I was thinking the same thing (in the absolute best way). I feel like I have a better understanding of Ezekiels character after one episode than I do half of the regular cast. I'm normally one to hate when they go away from the central story line after a big episode but I felt it was needed and I thought everyone was great.

JDaveG and A-TowN.- like this

2 hours ago, Jpowers said:

I haven't watched many shows that go from absolutely action packed and tense and then to boring as **** as TWD. I know all episodes can't be killers but it seems like they always have a boring episode lined up after a good one.

P.S. I mentioned that I live miles from the set of Alexandria before. I have never seen so many cops surrounding the set as I did Friday night. I've also never seen that many tourists either though but they literally had about 10 squad cars with lights on surrounding the perimeter. Normally we're only talking two without lights on along with their security.

Even in the Zombie Apocalypse, you gotta have a permit.

WD.JPG

Jpowers likes this

9 minutes ago, Statick said:

Ezekiel and Carol...do I sense a little...

Bow chicka wow-wow...wow-bow-chicka wow-wow.

Not sure... He seems to like his p...ssies with stripes...

10 hours ago, lostone said:

Joking right?

Nope.  I can suspend my disbelief for zombies, well manicured lawns, endless ammunition, gasoline that hasn't corroded, etc . . ., but a guy with a quasi-english accent and a tiger talking about his court was just too ******* much for me.  I appreciate that the show let Carol immediately call bull  **** on it, I shared her skepticism.  I'm ok with how it played out, I liked him leveling with Carol and I'm interested to see more from his character. 

But if he was serious, no back story and that's how he acted 100% of the time?  NOPE.

It wasn't action packed and yeah it was boring, but it wasn't awful. I will say I'm sick of the walking dead focusing on one story one week, then another story the next week. 

Anywho, they had to introduce Ezekiel in some way. Wasn't exciting or anything. Ezekiel is really smart though.

Really liked how when Ezekiel was explaining a pomegranate (bitter shell on the outside, but once you put in the effort it is rewarding) he was talking about Carol. I also think when he was talking about rescuing Sheeva he was also implying to Carol he was trying to save her as well. Maybe I am reading into it too much. 

15 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Same thing I was thinking. The next time they do a show like the premier of the season, I might just skip the next one and read the **** recaps!

3 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

It wasn't action packed and yeah it was boring, but it wasn't awful. I will say I'm sick of the walking dead focusing on one story one week, then another story the next week. 

Anywho, they had to introduce Ezekiel in some way. Wasn't exciting or anything. Ezekiel is really smart though.

Really liked how when Ezekiel was explaining a pomegranate (bitter shell on the outside, but once you put in the effort it is rewarding) he was talking about Carol. I also think when he was talking about rescuing Sheeva he was also implying to Carol he was trying to save her as well. Maybe I am reading into it too much. 

I personally didn't even find it boring. I was pretty intrigued by it. Maybe it was because I really liked Ezekiel, but I was engaged. I'm not sure why, but I was really into this episode. I want to get back to the other story, but I appreciated this episode. I definitely wish they would do the Game of Thrones thing and do multiple stories in the same episode though instead of completely abandoning one of them for the other. 

biloxifalcon likes this