Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpongeDad

Walking Dead Season 7 Discussion

305 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Negan is considered one of the most sinister villains ever created.  They had to go that far to show exactly what he's capable of doing.  And that he does it with smiles and humor makes it all the more sinister.  I thought it was a perfect to show just how bad of a situation Rick and his crew are facing.   

Kind of spoiler-ish, but not really spoiler-ish, so putting it tags just to be safe.  There's nothing below that talks about specific events or characters, but rather something about Negan's personality that should play out this season:

Hide contents

It's going to be great fun when they start showing that Negan actually has a pretty consistent and rational moral code and set of rules, and that he can be a good guy as long as people adhere to that code and those rules.  That's why Negan is, for me, one of the most fascinating characters...he seems so evil and callous at first, but all of that is a means to maintain order and (his version) of society.

Taking a page from the book of Saddam Hussein

4 hours ago, Vogelgryff said:

Seems like Coral is a fierce supporter of the 2nd Amendment...

Diabolo 1.jpg

Yes.  He both kept and bore his arms.

Vogelgryff likes this

Who are these "walking dead fans" that are offended by violence. 

Rick literally ripped a mans jugular out with his teeth

Noah got half of his face ripped off by walkers

Dale had his chest ripped open by walkers

Denise had an arrow put through her eye

all of this on camera. 

On 10/24/2016 at 8:03 PM, defcon4 said:

There's a pretty big backlash from this episode. Many people saying they crossed the line..and that they are done watching.

Several folks I know said this.  I feel like they had to make it graphic.  It was such a big moment in the show and for all those that have watched these characters, the showrunners wanted them to feel the anguish of watching them get murdered in front of them.

I get it.

42 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

Several folks I know said this.  I feel like they had to make it graphic.  It was such a big moment in the show and for all those that have watched these characters, the showrunners wanted them to feel the anguish of watching them get murdered in front of them.

I get it.

I get it too.  But...

You can do this on cable?   That was my second though after "Oh ****!!"

I read where someone in the biz said this was the single most graphic scene shown on cable.(ever)

It really is a testament to how attached we get to these characters. 7 seasons is a long span.

One or two clubs to the head is what we normally see for a zombie or even a bad guy.  To see a hero character discarded in such a way really had more of an impact on some viewers

than maybe the writers anticipated. To bash someone's head in for what seemed like minutes until there's nothing remaining but a pile of crushed bone and brains is extreme.

I definitely understand where everyone is coming from. Personally, I'm not going to stop watching but this show hasn't been "fun" in a while. It's hard to watch that kind of brutality and have so little levity in the show. Even shows like Thrones have characters like Tyrion Lannister to give you great moments of humor. This show just feels like gut punch after gut punch lately.