Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpongeDad

Walking Dead Season 7 Discussion

321 posts in this topic

This episode was way too predictable from falling through the roof, to falling off of the ferris wheel, to Rick's not dead.  Everything about it was about as cheesy as the carnival was in its heyday. 

And it looks like we'll have more of the same filler/build up next week with nutjob Ezekiel and the Kingdom.

mfaulk57158 and mdrake34 like this

Did the writers take a week off when writing this episode?

Hopefully this is a buildup to something bigger. Way bigger.

Usually they let characters have dumb lapses in judgment to kill them off, I can't recall them letting characters live after briefly forgetting they live in the zombie apocalypse. 

4 hours ago, Statick said:

Did the writers take a week off when writing this episode?

Hopefully this is a buildup to something bigger. Way bigger.

I think it obviously is, and beyond the big war.  The discovery of the military vs. (presumably) civilian thing is probably foreshadowing something else, probably dealing with some military holdovers.

It was super predictable though, poorly executed.  But I did get a kick out of the walker accidentally machine gunning everybody.  That was an actual surprise.

falconsd56 likes this

On February 13, 2017 at 9:44 AM, mdrake34 said:

The wire was cool. 

I am assuming Rick & co will spend the rest of this half season trying to convince Ezekiel to fight the saviours, which he will not agree to do until the season finale when the Saviours kill his protege. I don't even know that kid's name, but it might as well be Ensign Ricky. 

Called it. 

JDaveG likes this

I'm still trying to figure out if Morgan is working on the side of the Kingdom or is really planning to go rogue.

Crazy killing Morgan is a lot more of a threat to those folks than the Kingdom, Hilltop, Alexandria and those weird junkyard chicks combined.

I really don't know what to think about this half season.  It's eerily FTWD slow for me.  I know that they have to tell some back story, but jeez.  Next week looks like more of the same only from the Hilltop perspective.  I will admit that they are slowly picking up a little more "action" each week, but they still could have accomplished the back story for all of the communities in a couple of episodes.  At this rate, the season ending cliffhanger better be **** good. 

On another note, did we ever find out what happened to Heath?

JDaveG, biloxifalcon and defcon4 like this

Nicotero mentioned at WSC that the remaining episodes will have more action.

Showed us a video of Andrew Lincoln and JDM giving him the Lucille treatment.

I liked this episode.  The whole "Sasha locks out Rosita" thing was disappointing, but then stranger danger dude showed up and I was all "wait, what is this?"

Of course, it will probably be Eugene or something stupid, so......

I'm so ready for Gregory to get got.

10 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I liked this episode.  The whole "Sasha locks out Rosita" thing was disappointing, but then stranger danger dude showed up and I was all "wait, what is this?"

Of course, it will probably be Eugene or something stupid, so......

I'm so ready for Gregory to get got.

I was thinking it was Dwight or whatever the guy with the burnt face name is that Rosita saw

JDaveG likes this

3 hours ago, Captain Insano said:

I was thinking it was Dwight or whatever the guy with the burnt face name is that Rosita saw

Yeah, looks like a Dwight face turn to me. 

JDaveG likes this

2 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

Definitely Dwight. If you pause it, you can make out his hair and wiry frame. I suspect he's going to turn on Negan and help Rosita. 

"I'm wiry...."

Replacements_74-1.jpg

capologist, falconsd56 and mdrake34 like this

20 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

:lol:

If only Dwight would be in his drawers and that's what he actually says to Rosita......

capologist likes this

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

If only Dwight would be in his drawers and that's what he actually says to Rosita......

The replacements is not a good film by any means, but Nigel's character is great. 

JDaveG likes this

29 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

The replacements is not a good film by any means, but Nigel's character is great. 

It was basically a remake of the very underrated early 90s classic "Necessary Roughness"

But yeah it has to be Dwight.

38 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

blasphemer.jpg

JDaveG likes this

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

I put it in the same category of awesome terrible films as "Road House."