Unkn0wn

MLB Playoffs

444 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Its baffling. No matter how good Price is during the season its the same story. He just cant figure out October.

The weirdest thing is that the Rays would have never made it to the WS in 2008 without Price's work as a rookie that year out of the bullpen.

8 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

When would Bumgarner pitch again for San Francisco? He is the last man I would want to face in a game 5

Well if the Giants win tonight then they can throw Samardzija tomorrow, off day on Sunday and come back with Bumgarner on Monday if they want. That would be regular rest for Bumgarner. But I'm thinking if the Giants are up 2-0 on the Cubs on Monday that they save Bumgarner for either game 4 of that series or game 1 of the NLCS. Giants are in the driver's seat with a win tonight.

35 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Well if the Giants win tonight then they can throw Samardzija tomorrow, off day on Sunday and come back with Bumgarner on Monday if they want. That would be regular rest for Bumgarner. But I'm thinking if the Giants are up 2-0 on the Cubs on Monday that they save Bumgarner for either game 4 of that series or game 1 of the NLCS. Giants are in the driver's seat with a win tonight.

My guess would be Bumgarner in game 3 if the Cubs are up 2-0. I think they'll pitch him in an elimination game if they face one. At least that's what I would do.

14 hours ago, tl;dr said:

My guess would be Bumgarner in game 3 if the Cubs are up 2-0. I think they'll pitch him in an elimination game if they face one. At least that's what I would do.

Right. They would have no choice but to pitch him in game 3 if that ends up being the case.

11 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Who isn't pulling for the Cubs?  Just say no to the Giants.

I like Heyward and Ross. I like Joe Maddon. I like the way they rebuilt their franchise.

If only Cubs fans weren't so obnoxious.

TheTrue7 and Falconsfan567 like this

1 minute ago, K26dp said:

I like Heyward and Ross. I like Joe Maddon. I like the way they rebuilt their franchise.

In Epstein they trust

30 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I like bill Murray.. 

WhenFalconsWin and K26dp like this

Travis Wood has hit a HR in this game for the Cubs. He's just the second relief pitcher to go deep in a playoff game. The other time it happened was for the New York Giants in 1924.

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Who doesn't like Bill?  Win one for Bill...

I meant I like bill but can't root for the cubs.. I just.. can't.. I like jhey and Ross too.. maddon even.. but I like nothing about the city of Chicago 

but to answer your question, who doesn't like bill? Chevy Chase 

hes a ***** tho

Edited by TheTrue7

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

I meant I like bill but can't root for the cubs.. I just.. can't.. I like jhey and Ross too.. maddon even.. but I like nothing about the city of Chicago 

but to answer your question, who doesn't like bill? Chevy Chase 

hes a ***** tho

I'm not a fan of the city, but it's time to end the curse.  I am a Rangers fan and we've never won anything 55 years.  If the cubbies win it my team is next!