Unkn0wn

MLB Playoffs

444 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Game over. Bautista walkoff 3-run blast. And the O's lose and Zach Britton never throws a pitch. Gotta love dumb managing.

Bautista?  No it wasn't Joey Bats, it was Edwin.   Britton at least should've come in when the Jays got to 1st and 3rd and no outs?  What were the O's saving him for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

So is Fredi

It was a save situation when Fredi didn't use Kimbrel. It just wasn't the 9th inning. Save situations don't have to be in the 9th inning. Its just whenever the game is on the line at the most important point in the game. Want to know why the Indians won their division? It's because after they traded for Andrew Miller they used him in the most important inning of the game regardless. He pitched in the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, extras. He pitched when the Indians needed him the most. That's great managing by Terry Francona.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I'm feeling an Indians vs. Rangers ALCS.

I said back in June after the Indians laid it to the Braves that I wanted to see an Indians vs. Rangers ALCS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I said back in June after the Indians laid it to the Braves that I wanted to see an Indians vs. Rangers ALCS.

I picked the Rangers to win the World Series so at this point I'm rooting for them so I can look like a genius.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It was a save situation when Fredi didn't use Kimbrel. It just wasn't the 9th inning. Save situations don't have to be in the 9th inning. Its just whenever the game is on the line at the most important point in the game. Want to know why the Indians won their division? It's because after they traded for Andrew Miller they used him in the most important inning of the game regardless. He pitched in the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, extras. He pitched when the Indians needed him the most. That's great managing by Terry Francona.

That's what made Venters so valuable. Because he wasn't the "closer", he could be used when needed, and was essentially equally as effective as Kimbrel for two seasons. We kind of had a similar situation this season with Cabera and Johnson (though of course neither is as good as Venters or Kimbrel, natch).

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K26dp said:

That's what made Venters so valuable. Because he wasn't the "closer", he could be used when needed, and was essentially equally as effective as Kimbrel for two seasons. We kind of had a similar situation this season with Cabera and Johnson (though of course neither is as good as Venters or Kimbrel, natch).

Man I miss Venters and Kimbrel. That was a dominant tandem. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the snoozer first game that saw the Jays knock the daylights out of Cole Hamels the Boston at Cleveland game has been very good. 5-3 Tribe heading to the 7th inning.

Oh and like I mentioned earlier about Andrew Miller, came into the game in the 5th inning and finished that inning and pitched the 6th and is still in at the start of the 7th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Francona has used Miller that way from day 1 after the trade. He even told reporters before the game Miller could go 3 innings. He's really taken advantage of the addition.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Francona has used Miller that way from day 1 after the trade. He even told reporters before the game Miller could go 3 innings. He's really taken advantage of the addition.

Exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now