Unkn0wn

MLB Playoffs

444 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

"And Theo wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"

:lol:

Well, the Expos/Nationals still haven't won a WS.

42 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

NO, I don't even want to think about Theo in DC. He can go to San Diego and rebuild the team and it's reputation 

They have not won a pennant.  Lets keep it that way.  

Cubbies you just won the World Series where are you going to go...Congrats Cubbies fans, my grandfather was 22 years old the last time you won the World Series in 1908

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Cubbies you just won the World Series where are you going to go...Congrats Cubbies fans, my grandfather was 22 years old the last time you won the World Series in 1908

Neither of my mom's parents were even born yet. Both lived their entire lives. My Papa 1931-2012. My Granny 1942-2006.

People keep talking about the how good the Cubs will be in the future but the Indians future is also bright. They have Salazar, Carasco, and Brantley coming back from injuries with Kluber, Kipnis, Allen, Lindor and Santana. Thats a good group. 

21 hours ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

People keep talking about the how good the Cubs will be in the future but the Indians future is also bright. They have Salazar, Carasco, and Brantley coming back from injuries with Kluber, Kipnis, Allen, Lindor and Santana. Thats a good group. 

You're right about the Indians. But the reason the Cubs are getting the love they are is because they're the youngest team to win the World Series since the 1966 Orioles. They're average age is 27 years old and that's gonna go down with Rossy retiring.

23 hours ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

Near-majors prospects like Bradley Zimmer and Mike Clevinger too. They'll have money coming off the books too, though they'll need a replacement for Napoli if they don't re-sign him.

On 11/3/2016 at 5:15 PM, Unkn0wn said:

People are calling Game 7 the greatest game in MLB history. 

For Cubs fans...... I've seen better in my lifetime.

11 minutes ago, Ransack said:

For Cubs fans...... I've seen better in my lifetime.

For narrative and historical reasons it's one of the greatest games. From an execution of play standpoint, not really close.