Falconsfan567

Braves 2017 Schedule Preview

11 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I wrote a brief piece previewing the Braves 2017 schedule for Atlanta Sports Page if you guys want to check it out.

Linky

Very nice article.  That Auburn education got you to spell the its and that's correctly.  

5 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Very nice article.  That Auburn education got you to spell the its and that's correctly.  

I didn't attend Auburn but thanks I guess.

19 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I didn't attend Auburn but thanks I guess.

You are an Auburn fan.  Just coming at you as a UGA fan but the article was on point.  Is there a way I can see articles as soon as they are published.  You caught my eye with the well written article and the knowledge in the article.  

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, usmcdirtybird said:

You are an Auburn fan.  Just coming at you as a UGA fan but the article was on point.  Is there a way I can see articles as soon as they are published.  You caught my eye with the well written article and the knowledge in the article.  

I don't know. Just check out the site from time to time I guess. But thanks for the feedback.

31 minutes ago, Ssal0808 said:

Thanks for the monthly breakdown on home vs away games.

No problem. I had never broken down that part before so I was interested in how it shakes down. I like that the Braves have a lot of home games in the 2nd half of the season. It means less travel which is easier on teams later in the season.

I was looking more in depth at the Braves schedule today and noticed some weirdness in their divisional scheduling.

MIAMI MARLINS

• The Marlins don't play their first game in Atlanta until June 16th. June 16th is the Braves 67th game of the season.
  • The first 5 games in Miami, next 10 in Atlanta, last 4 in Miami.

NEW YORK METS

• The first 6 games in New York, next 10 in Atlanta, last 3 in New York.

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

• The Phillies don't play their first game in Atlanta until June 5th. June 5th is the Braves 57th game of the season.
  • The Braves play just one series against the Phillies in the first two months of the season. Series in Philadelphia from April 21st-23rd.
  • The Braves have just one series against the Phillies in September, series in Atlanta from the 22nd-24th.

WASHINGTON NATIONALS

• The Braves don't play their first game in Washington until June 12th. That's the Braves 54th game of the season.
  • Less than 1 month later the Braves are back in Washington for a 4-game series on July 6th. Just stupid. Then the Braves don't see the Nationals at all until September 12th.
  • First 6 games in Atlanta, next 10 in Washington, last 3 in Atlanta.