MAD597

Horford can go to H***

53 posts in this topic

I'm not upset about Horford leaving one bit... the last few years, I've always thought we could do better. And in a way we did.

I believe Howard "as is" is an upgrade. If we can get Howard to his old dominating self again, look out!

ATL_DirtyBirds and Bawse like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, E. T. said:

I'm not upset about Horford leaving one bit... the last few years, I've always thought we could do better. And in a way we did.

I believe Howard "as is" is an upgrade. If we can get Howard to his old dominating self again, look out!

d howard is gonna ball out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one that hates Twitter goodbyes? 

Y'all just made 100+ million. Buy a billboard. A newspaper ad. A commercial. 

Twitter is so pathetic. 

Zone#7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, WORilla said:

Am I the only one that hates Twitter goodbyes? 

Y'all just made 100+ million. Buy a billboard. A newspaper ad. A commercial. 

Twitter is so pathetic. 

true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WORilla said:

Am I the only one that hates Twitter goodbyes? 

Y'all just made 100+ million. Buy a billboard. A newspaper ad. A commercial. 

Twitter is so pathetic. 

I guess he thought about a full page ad in the AJC, but with the rain drought we are in, the thought of everyone burning it might cause major wildfires. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest Services said:

I guess he thought about a full page ad in the AJC, but with the rain drought we are in, the thought of everyone burning it might cause major wildfires. 

He was going to get a billboard but then he remember he's terrified of by boards of any kind. 

DirtybyrdGA and ShadyRef like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a Celtics fan and I can't say that I'm real excited to get him. Y'all upgraded by signing Howard. Boston is just throwing darts at a dartboard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2016 at 11:29 AM, WalkingTheDawg said:

I'm a Celtics fan and I can't say that I'm real excited to get him. Y'all upgraded by signing Howard. Boston is just throwing darts at a dartboard. 

I think Horford will make Boston a great regular season team. Opposing Cs will have to leave the paint to guard him because of the threat of him shooting the 3 which gives IT/Bradley/Crowder room to drive in the paint. Put Jerekbo (when he's at C)/Olynyk (when he's at PF), even more spacing for the Celtics' offense. 

You just can't count on him to bang with opposing Cs for rebounds which is going to suck because you can't count on Boston to consistently be hot from the 3 point line like a GS. BOS still lacks shooters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

I think Horford will make Boston a great regular season team. Opposing Cs will have to leave the paint to guard him because of the threat of him shooting the 3 which gives IT/Bradley/Crowder room to drive in the paint. Put Jerekbo (when he's at C)/Olynyk (when he's at PF), even more spacing for the Celtics' offense. 

You just can't count on him to bang with opposing Cs for rebounds which is going to suck because you can't count on Boston to consistently be hot from the 3 point line like a GS. BOS still lacks shooters. 

yeah he's not a great playoffs big man at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2016 at 11:28 AM, FalconsInstitutionalSize said:

yeah he's not a great playoffs big man at all.

I think some Hawks fans just got optimistic in the past about him being a legit #1 option after seeing him show potential being 3rd option behind Joe and Josh for all those years. When in reality, he's just a great 3rd option. Boston will find out. Paying max money for a 3rd option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:48 PM, BigDog90 said:

I think some Hawks fans just got optimistic in the past about him being a legit #1 option after seeing him show potential being 3rd option behind Joe and Josh for all those years. When in reality, he's just a great 3rd option. Boston will find out. Paying max money for a 3rd option.

were the suns and horford is Joe Johnson bwahaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never saw Horford as a #1 option. His offensive game is just too mechanical and he's was never agressive enough. He was just a cog in the engine - a good one - but still just a cog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On September 19, 2016 at 11:06 AM, jayu70 said:

I never saw Horford as a #1 option. His offensive game is just too mechanical and he's was never agressive enough. He was just a cog in the engine - a good one - but still just a cog.

He had heart though, and he played for the team. Two things nobody will ever be able to say about Howard.

 

Letting Horford go killed this team, and it really is as simple as that. Hawks were built to be a greater than the sum of all parts TEAM, not an individual super star team. This current team puts too much pressure on Millsap, who despite his numbers as the main option on a good team, is NOT a super star. Dwight is lazy and average.  He got 6 points last night going against Kanter at home. This is a guy getting millions. Terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Forever Julian said:

He had heart though, and he played for the team. Two things nobody will ever be able to say about Howard.

 

Letting Horford go killed this team, and it really is as simple as that. Hawks were built to be a greater than the sum of all parts TEAM, not an individual super star team. This current team puts too much pressure on Millsap, who despite his numbers as the main option on a good team, is NOT a super star. Dwight is lazy and average.  He got 6 points last night going against Kanter at home. This is a guy getting millions. Terrible.

Dude.. horford WANTED to leave.. geez 

jayu70 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Dude.. horford WANTED to leave.. geez 

Because he was unappreciated here. The fact that there was ever any questions about the money he was getting, when money was splurged on Howard, was a slap in the face to the Horford family who has been nothing but great ambassadors for not only the Hawks, but the city of Atlanta.

 

I remember reading an interview in the AJC about how other teams ACTIVELY talked to him. Boston brought their owners/upper management to the meeting with him when the Hawks didnt. The hawks didnt go anywhere near that way for their 4 time all star player. That is unacceptable. They brought out everybody to come recruit Howard, but they couldnt do that for their own all star player? They killed the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Forever Julian said:

Because he was unappreciated here. The fact that there was ever any questions about the money he was getting, when money was splurged on Howard, was a slap in the face to the Horford family who has been nothing but great ambassadors for not only the Hawks, but the city of Atlanta.

 

I remember reading an interview in the AJC about how other teams ACTIVELY talked to him. Boston brought their owners/upper management to the meeting with him when the Hawks didnt. The hawks didnt go anywhere near that way for their 4 time all star player. That is unacceptable. They brought out everybody to come recruit Howard, but they couldnt do that for their own all star player? They killed the team.

LOLOLOLOL dude they offered more money than Boston did.. but since they didn't bring more people to the meetings he walked? Do you understand why they didn't? #diva

Edited by TheTrue7
jayu70 and MACK2THEFUTURE like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now