Unkn0wn

2016 MLB Season

1,785 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What's the largest opening day shutout loss in MLB history?

I don't know, but the larget margin ovf victory I ever saw was the Ranger beating the Orioles 30-3

Yeah, that's a football score

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I don't know, but the larget margin ovf victory I ever saw was the Ranger beating the Orioles 30-3

Yeah, that's a football score

That wasn't opening day. I was talking about opening day. And for it to be at home too? That's rough.

9 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That wasn't opening day. I was talking about opening day. And for it to be at home too? That's rough.

Yeah, that is.  I was just pointing out the largest margin of victory I've ever seen.  I saw that entire game and if your on the winning side it is loads of fun.

3 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Im not buying into the Dbacks hype. Theyre better and not a bad team but i think they need a few more pieces.

Changed my pick to the Giants after A.J. Pollock got hurt.

50 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Does anyone know why the A's have  the numbers 42 and 2 on the back of their mound?

I figured out why the A's have 42 and 2 on the back of their mound. It's in honor of Dave Henderson (42) and Tony Phillips (2). RIP.

LOL!!! Love Buck Showalter. Adam Jones said no more pies to the face but after Matt Wieters walkoff hit to day he pied him to the face. They asked Buck about it after the game and he said it was cake and then mentioned that he has lost control of the team again. LOL!

K26dp likes this

Rangers 3 

Mariners 2

ARLINGTON -- The Rangers scored three runs in the fifth inning and their pitching, led byCole Hamels, made it stand up for a 3-2 Opening Day victory over the Mariners on Monday at Globe Life Park. The Rangers beat Mariners starter Felix Hernandez, who took the loss despite allowing just one bloop single through six. That was the only hit Texas would tally on the afternoon.

It was the first time the Mariners have lost a game in franchise history when they've allowed one or fewer hits and just the second time the Rangers have won a game in which they had just one hit. Hernandez became the first Opening Day starter in the past 100 years to lose while allowing one hit or fewer in six or more innings pitched.