Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capitalist

Psl Sales Meeting Report By An Original 1966 Sth

305 posts in this topic

Never did I say no PSL's i just said not every seat should have PSL's attached it is too much for 75%of the fan based.

I think they projected too high a price for Atlanta and the stadium will be 3/4 full.

PS. I don't think I've every seen a man happier to pay $60,000 for football tickets....

If the organization didn't attach PSLs to the worst seats, people would still complain that they were being directed to the worst seats. The benefit to the organization of low priced PSLs for upper deck seats is that they never have to worry about selling the ticket to a seat once the PSL has been purchased. They don't gain all that much from the low PSL fee.

We will see if the price is too high. I think you may be underestimating your city and the appeal of an amazing new stadium. Remember, the price for non-club PSLs has not even been announced yet.

I bought 2 Piedmont Club PSLs (40 yard line, 4th row) at 10k each. Not paying 60k for football tickets!

If the organization didn't attach PSLs to the worst seats, people would still complain that they were being directed to the worst seats. The benefit to the organization of low priced PSLs for upper deck seats is that they never have to worry about selling the ticket to a seat once the PSL has been purchased. They don't gain all that much from the low PSL fee.

We will see if the price is too high. I think you may be underestimating your city and the appeal of an amazing new stadium. Remember, the price for non-club PSLs has not even been announced yet.

I bought 2 Piedmont Club PSLs (40 yard line, 4th row) at 10k each. Not paying 60k for football tickets!

Did you want 4th row,or would you have preferred 1st row? Think you'll be able to sell your tix above face value if you can't make a game? Is Piedmont sold out yet? Atlanta founders club is much less at $45k versus SF @ $80k and Dallas @ $150k per seat. Other psls should follow suit and be lower cost in this market don't you think?

Did you want 4th row,or would you have preferred 1st row? Think you'll be able to sell your tix above face value if you can't make a game? Is Piedmont sold out yet? Atlanta founders club is much less at $45k versus SF @ $80k and Dallas @ $150k per seat. Other psls should follow suit and be lower cost in this market don't you think?

I would have preferred first row but was happy with what I got. I almost never miss a game, but shouldn't have too much trouble selling my tickets in the new stadium (at least while it is new). I don't think Piedmont is sold out yet as they game me the option last week of buying additional seats, but I think it will sell out and be the first to do so. Once the stadium has been built and people can actually see the finished stadium, it will be more desirable to get seats. I think PSLs in upper decks will be very inexpensive; mainly being sold to lock in ticket sales rather than raising large amounts of cash.

I know of someone who purchased Founders Club seats at 45k each and asked my opinion on it. The cost is huge, obviously, but actually could make sense financially if you have the resources to put into those seats. The key is that you get those seats for all events at the stadium. It is assumed that we will get a Super Bowl not too far in the future. Even mediocre seats ar Super Bowls now sell for around $5,000 each. 45 yard line Founders Club seats would go for at least 10k each for that one game. Add in the revenue you could generate by selling your annual SEC Football Championship tickets as well as the NCAA Football playoff series and the NCAA Football Championship game, and you are talking fairly large returns on your seats. Based on this, I think it actually makes more sense to get Founders Club seats than the 30k PSLs (where you don't get the seats guaranteed for other events).

I appreciate you being here but thats exactly the attitude the selling of overpriced PSL's conveys. I just believe they could have scaled it back a bit and avoided the open seats to visiting teams and all the bad mojo. who wants a 1.5 billion dollar stadium thats not swarming with Falcons fans. Instead there will an influx of visiting teams fans and/or empty seats. Falcons were struggling to get more of a home field advantage even at the Georgia Dome unless they hit it big the next 2 years I'd expect it to be even more difficult. And yes I understand thats not important to you, you just want a safe environment to go to the games with your kids, perfectly understandable. But guess what, most Dad's can't even afford to take their sons or daughters on a consistent basis it cost too much, even now. I am sure you have seen the article about the widening gulf between the upper income and the middle and lower income families, Atlanta was #1 in this survey in this increasing gap. This isn't good for Atlanta much less the New Atlanta Stadium.

Let's be real here, the above scenario you describe would happen no matter what the price of the tickets were. Only thing that can change that is a winning history. So many Falcon fans (and ticket brokers) would rather sell their tickets to make a buck than go to the game, it's sad. If the team is good and we are winning, that happens a lot less.

Let me clarify why we do not buy season tickets anymore. Not only is the PSL a joke for the diehard fans who have suffered with this team many seasons and paid out money for years supporting mostly a losing team, but now you want these same fans to pay an additional cost just to be able to purchase those same tickets they spent years of loyalty and money to obtain. The problem with this is you are trying to sell a flawed product, i.e., THE TEAM HAS NOT ONE SINGLE CHAMPIONSHIP...and I'm not referring to winning the NFC South Division. I never went to the games for better speakers, video boards, etc., the food is horrible and expensive, I went to watch my favorite team and hoped they would eventually win a championship. That's what the real football fans want. If they want to sell tickets, (and also have a shot at selling PSL's) win first. We got tired of the marketing logos, Rise Up, and all the side shows at the game. We went to watch the Falcons play, and it eventually became too much of a hassle to get there, pay for parking, etc., and decided it was not worth it. Now they play games overseas, too many night games which are hard for some fans to attend, etc. We can probably afford to go now and even pay a PSL, but we believe your product does not justify the cost. Win at least one championship and we can talk. Otherwise, I believe your trying to sell PSL's for this wonderful new stadium, bla, bla, bla... will be difficult and the greediness of the NFL will continue to hurt the NFL popularity as it already has. The diehard fans are being priced out, and at some point the Falcon players are going to wonder and complain where their real fans went and why all the visiting teams fans will be the majority at the new Arthur Blank PSL stadium.

Mega Flare likes this

Used $60,000 as an example, see how you feel about paying that much? $60,000 to you is like the $20,000 you did pay to 75-80 percent of the fans. Not mention isn't that just the PSL license t\not the actual cost of two season tickets?

As far as the appeal of the new stadium been there done that with the Georgia Dome, had season tickets when it opened but 2 years later gave them up for a myriad of reasons. But even the dome has had issues selling out the Mezzanine levels.

I sell what would be considered a luxury items for most, through out the southeast, our product costs more than out competitors, and you do hit a breaking point, a ceiling where it doesn't matter if our product is better, shinier, backed by better customer service etc. it just isn't affordable to an ever growing segment of the population. The average salary in the southeastern US is $20,000 less than the rest of the country.

I can show your heat maps were metro Atlanta and Georgia and the Southeast has less density of the top segment of incomes than any other regions in the nation.

For example out of 9.2 million Georgians I would consider only 2.044 million even in the income class to consider purchasing tickets,sounds like a lot right? but remember that is every man woman and child through out the whole state ,doubt a family of buys tickets for every family member. Yes I know there will a handful from out of state, but would think the overwhelming majority would come from the metro extended counties when you pull up those counties the Falcons would need to capture over approximately 8-9 percent of every man woman or child(870,000) in families with household incomes of $40,000 +.

As for other states Texas has 4.5 million, Ohio 2.6 Million, Pennsylvania 2.9 million, an over simplification maybe, but you also can't ignore those states are hotbeds for professional football, where as in Atlanta and throughout the state and southeast College football is king and families dwindling entertainment dollars will more than likely go there. But not only that Atlanta's population is more diverse than ever before

have no doubt that significant segment isn't even interested in football at any cost.

Mega Flare likes this

Let me clarify why we do not buy season tickets anymore. Not only is the PSL a joke for the diehard fans who have suffered with this team many seasons and paid out money for years supporting mostly a losing team, but now you want these same fans to pay an additional cost just to be able to purchase those same tickets they spent years of loyalty and money to obtain. The problem with this is you are trying to sell a flawed product, i.e., THE TEAM HAS NOT ONE SINGLE CHAMPIONSHIP...and I'm not referring to winning the NFC South Division. I never went to the games for better speakers, video boards, etc., the food is horrible and expensive, I went to watch my favorite team and hoped they would eventually win a championship. That's what the real football fans want. If they want to sell tickets, (and also have a shot at selling PSL's) win first. We got tired of the marketing logos, Rise Up, and all the side shows at the game. We went to watch the Falcons play, and it eventually became too much of a hassle to get there, pay for parking, etc., and decided it was not worth it. Now they play games overseas, too many night games which are hard for some fans to attend, etc. We can probably afford to go now and even pay a PSL, but we believe your product does not justify the cost. Win at least one championship and we can talk. Otherwise, I believe your trying to sell PSL's for this wonderful new stadium, bla, bla, bla... will be difficult and the greediness of the NFL will continue to hurt the NFL popularity as it already has. The diehard fans are being priced out, and at some point the Falcon players are going to wonder and complain where their real fans went and why all the visiting teams fans will be the majority at the new Arthur Blank PSL stadium.

Well said. I saw this coming a mile away, but not just the psl's , everything else too. I wonder what kind of home theater

i can get for 40,000$ ??

Mega Flare likes this

Let's be real here, the above scenario you describe would happen no matter what the price of the tickets were. Only thing that can change that is a winning history. So many Falcon fans (and ticket brokers) would rather sell their tickets to make a buck than go to the game, it's sad. If the team is good and we are winning, that happens a lot less.

If you keep the prices where 60-70 percent of the population can afford them, by the time they had to increase prices they would have developed more fans. As it now they have alienated a lot of die hard fans who would have come up with the costs if it were reasonable. I agree on the winning history here in Atlanta, but it seems the Falcons are using a business model from Dallas and San Francisco previous championship franchises with a larger fan base casual or diehard.

Certainly one of the rules for any selling venture, know thy customer.

I hope it sells out i really do, but I'm afraid after the newness wears off there will significant empty seats, already see it the Georgia Dome with out PSL's

Many on this board seem to create a false choice: either have a great stadium or win more. The two are separate and kind of unrelated. Every NFL team has the same amount of money to spend on players (the salary cap). Spending more money on a stadium has nothing to do with how talented a roster the team can put together.

Some fans also have said that they wouldn't consider buying tickets until the team wins more (or even wins a championship). Isn't this the actual definition of a bandwagon fan?

If tickets were priced drastically lower as many have wished for, they would be bought up quickly and sold for more on the secondary market. The tickets would sell for whatever the market will support. Time will tell if the organization gets the prices right, but I am sure that they have studied the market extensively and have come up with what they think the market will support.

Let me clarify why we do not buy season tickets anymore. Not only is the PSL a joke for the diehard fans who have suffered with this team many seasons and paid out money for years supporting mostly a losing team, but now you want these same fans to pay an additional cost just to be able to purchase those same tickets they spent years of loyalty and money to obtain. The problem with this is you are trying to sell a flawed product, i.e., THE TEAM HAS NOT ONE SINGLE CHAMPIONSHIP...and I'm not referring to winning the NFC South Division. I never went to the games for better speakers, video boards, etc., the food is horrible and expensive, I went to watch my favorite team and hoped they would eventually win a championship. That's what the real football fans want. If they want to sell tickets, (and also have a shot at selling PSL's) win first. We got tired of the marketing logos, Rise Up, and all the side shows at the game. We went to watch the Falcons play, and it eventually became too much of a hassle to get there, pay for parking, etc., and decided it was not worth it. Now they play games overseas, too many night games which are hard for some fans to attend, etc. We can probably afford to go now and even pay a PSL, but we believe your product does not justify the cost. Win at least one championship and we can talk. Otherwise, I believe your trying to sell PSL's for this wonderful new stadium, bla, bla, bla... will be difficult and the greediness of the NFL will continue to hurt the NFL popularity as it already has.

It sounds like you gave up on the team because they weren't winning enough for you and going to the games wasn't convenient enough. I understand, but don't try to blame your actions on PSLs. You gave up way before they showed up.

The NFL has never been more popular or profitable. I think they must be doing some things right.

Many on this board seem to create a false choice: either have a great stadium or win more. The two are separate and kind of unrelated. Every NFL team has the same amount of money to spend on players (the salary cap). Spending more money on a stadium has nothing to do with how talented a roster the team can put together.

Some fans also have said that they wouldn't consider buying tickets until the team wins more (or even wins a championship). Isn't this the actual definition of a bandwagon fan?

If tickets were priced drastically lower as many have wished for, they would be bought up quickly and sold for more on the secondary market. The tickets would sell for whatever the market will support. Time will tell if the organization gets the prices right, but I am sure that they have studied the market extensively and have come up with what they think the market will support.

It's interesting how you threw in that little bandwagon fan thing. Sounds like your trying to make someone feel guilty for not

buying a psl. So i suppose you think we can't be a full fledged fan unless we do purchase a psl. I've been watching the Falcons

since 1966 and haven't purchased one yet and i won't start now.

Mega Flare likes this

It's interesting how you threw in that little bandwagon fan thing. Sounds like your trying to make someone feel guilty for not

buying a psl. So i suppose you think we can't be a full fledged fan unless we do purchase a psl. I've been watching the Falcons

since 1966 and haven't purchased one yet and i won't start now.

Didn't say it and don't think it. Whether you buy season tickets or PSLs have nothing to do with whether or not you are a fan. Saying you give up on the team until they win a championship does, by definition, make you a bandwagon fan.

Used $60,000 as an example, see how you feel about paying that much? $60,000 to you is like the $20,000 you did pay to 75-80 percent of the fans. Not mention isn't that just the PSL license t\not the actual cost of two season tickets?

As far as the appeal of the new stadium been there done that with the Georgia Dome, had season tickets when it opened but 2 years later gave them up for a myriad of reasons. But even the dome has had issues selling out the Mezzanine levels.

I sell what would be considered a luxury items for most, through out the southeast, our product costs more than out competitors, and you do hit a breaking point, a ceiling where it doesn't matter if our product is better, shinier, backed by better customer service etc. it just isn't affordable to an ever growing segment of the population. The average salary in the southeastern US is $20,000 less than the rest of the country.

I can show your heat maps were metro Atlanta and Georgia and the Southeast has less density of the top segment of incomes than any other regions in the nation.

For example out of 9.2 million Georgians I would consider only 2.044 million even in the income class to consider purchasing tickets,sounds like a lot right? but remember that is every man woman and child through out the whole state ,doubt a family of buys tickets for every family member. Yes I know there will a handful from out of state, but would think the overwhelming majority would come from the metro extended counties when you pull up those counties the Falcons would need to capture over approximately 8-9 percent of every man woman or child(870,000) in families with household incomes of $40,000 +.

As for other states Texas has 4.5 million, Ohio 2.6 Million, Pennsylvania 2.9 million, an over simplification maybe, but you also can't ignore those states are hotbeds for professional football, where as in Atlanta and throughout the state and southeast College football is king and families dwindling entertainment dollars will more than likely go there. But not only that Atlanta's population is more diverse than ever before

have no doubt that significant segment isn't even interested in football at any cost.

Agreed. Atlanta will be a big soccer town shortly. There are so many Latin people living here now, MLS will benefit hugely from that fan base. Tickets will be cheaper as well in the very same stadium that the pricey football team will inhabit.

PSL prices over time can go up or down. Some teams have had tremendous increase in prices (Steelers and Texans); some have had loss of resale price (Jets, Giants and Cowboys). In general, luxury and Club seats tend to do worse, but good non-premium seats fare better. Whether they gain or lose value is really only important if you sell your PSL after an initial purchase. If you keep your seats, then the cost is what it is. I might be able to purchase a PSL for a few hundred or even a couple of thousand dollars less in a few years, but that also means that I would have to wait a few years to have regular seats to the games. They, of course, could also increase in price as some stadiums have, and then I would miss out and end up paying more. I prefer to determine what seats are worth to me, and then get the best seats available that are in my budget.

The cost of the PSL, whether you eventually sell it or not, is a bad investment, unless you consider flushing money down the toilet to see the Falcons lose to be an investment. Or you work in the PSL sales office. Buying before they possibly raise the price doesn't justify anything: at best it means you have the opportunity waste a little less money now than later. In either case, the money is better used elsewhere, at least for people that value their money and don't fall for thinly-veiled rah-rah upgrade-to-VIP marketing BS on a message board.

jb 3.0 likes this

Most entertainment costs have gone up quite a bit over the last couple of decades. Movies, concerts and sporting events have become more expensive as more people want to choose them as leisure options. I have many employees who watch Netflix instead of going to theaters because of ticket price. People who do go to live venues (or theaters) demand more for their money (better seats, food, speakers, etc). I'm very sorry that you have been priced out of the games. It should be pointed out, though, that you were priced out before PSLs. Fortunately in America, we have a lot of other entertainment options that cost less.

I wish everything stayed the same price too, but it isn't . The only thing that is staying the same is my pay. Cars and houses are going up and I cant afford to buy a new one and not trying to keep up with the JONES either. Lets all go to the gas companies, car makers, job owners and lets tell they what they can and cant do , that we live and America and we are all not taking it! right lol If you can't afford PSL's thats the least of your problems and mine too. There no since crying over it .Go watch the kids movie Frozen... and let it go !! If anyone here gets were they can control the cost of items in America you have my vote. And I am 120% against PSL's myself I do not have to get them and probably want depending on what my none club section will cost. I definitely would not have them if I sat in the club sections. Just last year I was in the same type of situation when the Chickfila Bowl moved to part of the playoff system bowls. I had 11 tickets for 12 years . The tickets were $90 each row 4 sec. 138. But when this change happened they moved my sitting section to the corning of the endzone row 28 AND the new price per ticket was $210 each. Loyality yeah right not in this time or error. Guess what I did, Walked away from it and don't give a dame about it any more. I can still go to the Chickfila Bowl any time I want . I'm not stupid and made the best choice according to my OWN situation and I can live with that! Everyone on here can continue to agree to disagree and that fine. But the only control you have is your own actions.

Didn't say it and don't think it. Whether you buy season tickets or PSLs have nothing to do with whether or not you are a fan. Saying you give up on the team until they win a championship does, by definition, make you a bandwagon fan.

You don't know the Atlanta metro fan base very well do you?

jb 3.0 and Mega Flare like this

I know of someone who purchased Founders Club seats at 45k each and asked my opinion on it. The cost is huge, obviously, but actually could make sense financially if you have the resources to put into those seats. The key is that you get those seats for all events at the stadium. It is assumed that we will get a Super Bowl not too far in the future. Even mediocre seats ar Super Bowls now sell for around $5,000 each. 45 yard line Founders Club seats would go for at least 10k each for that one game. Add in the revenue you could generate by selling your annual SEC Football Championship tickets as well as the NCAA Football playoff series and the NCAA Football Championship game, and you are talking fairly large returns on your seats. Based on this, I think it actually makes more sense to get Founders Club seats than the 30k PSLs (where you don't get the seats guaranteed for other events).

The other PSLs are not $30k, they are $20k and $15k each while the Founders are $45k as you said. Founders would also get World Cup which could be Super Bowl like.....I would think. Would the play also play a NCAA final 4 in there?

But I agree with you Founders Club appear to be the better deal.

Do you think the area will improve or stay the same? Not good that the Braves skipped out to Cobb County.

The Piedmont Club PSLs will sell out first because they are the least expensive and there are fewer seats available. They are very similar to the current Executive Club seats in location, but much fewer seats and much nicer club. You don't get to use the patio behind the team benches, and the Piedmont Clubs themselves are smaller (that actually was a positive for me), but otherwise have the same benefits as the lower bowl (Champions Clubs) seats. I have no idea how they are selling, but would expect these to go first.

Holy shot you're still here!

****** has to get these PSL's sold or he's not gonna be able to afford that monthly $988.00 payment on his Carraera.laugh.pnglaugh.png

You don't know the Atlanta metro fan base very well do you?

He doesn't know **** but what his bosses are telling him. "Screw the longtime, loyal fans, and go after the 1%er casual fans......they're the ones stupid enough to give us this kind of $$".

The cost of the PSL, whether you eventually sell it or not, is a bad investment, unless you consider flushing money down the toilet to see the Falcons lose to be an investment. Or you work in the PSL sales office. Buying before they possibly raise the price doesn't justify anything: at best it means you have the opportunity waste a little less money now than later. In either case, the money is better used elsewhere, at least for people that value their money and don't fall for thinly-veiled rah-rah upgrade-to-VIP marketing BS on a message board.

Notice how this guy doesn't post in any football threads? Just the PSL thread. I don't either, but that's simply because I'm a Bucs fans. I do all my football posting in Rival Central....the best forum on the AFMB's.wink.png

coastiemike likes this