Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

esmithidoc

Had My Psl Sales Meeting Today

466 posts in this topic

Mods,

You need to move every thread about PSL's into Dome Field Advantage. If you're going to move every thread about the draft and FA into that subforum, you need to be consistent and move every thread about PSL's into DFA.

Six weeks later, I am still in shock, insulted and dumbfounded over the PSL pricing for the New Atlanta Stadium.

I’ve been a Falcon fan my entire life and I am an 18 year season ticket holder. I have 2 seats that are on the 40 yard line, row 6, behind the Falcons bench. My “reasonably comparable allocated seat(s)” as the Falcon’s marketing team calls them, will EACH cost $365 with a $20,000.00 license fee PER SEAT. So besides an absurdly high PSL of $40,000.00, what currently costs me $278 per game ($139 per seat) for 2 seats will now cost me $730. Yes, $730 PER GAME ($7300 per season)! And two of those games are preseason virtually unsellable games.

Now of course, I could maybe find $139 seats in the upper deck end zone (prices not released yet), but why would I move back from what took me 18 years of loyalty to earn? I really feel for the 40+ year ticket holders.

I have easily attended over 150 games. I have screamed my head off through the good times and bad. My vocal cords, ears and brain have “paid the price” many times. It was all worth it and I don’t regret it one bit.

I don’t imagine the new stadium will be filled with true, loyal fans anymore. This of course will result in a non-advantage for the home team or even worse, a disadvantage and embarrassment that there are more opposing team fans at your home games. This trend has already begun in Dallas …. America’s Team.

After he purchased the team in 2002, Mr. Blank was a genius when he decided to drop many upper deck seats to $10 each. After many years of low game attendance and television blackouts, the Georgia Dome began to sell out and the Falcons started to be more competitive season after season. The Dome field advantage was born. Mr. Blank seems to have forgotten how small and fickle the Atlanta Falcons fan base was and still is.

Part of me feels a little sorry for Mr. Blank whom I used to admire greatly. He appears to be in over his head on this one. In order to pay for the gorgeous, hi-tech stadium, they have to put much of the burden on the attendants (fans?) That is of course if they can find enough people / corporations willing to pay that amount of money.

I love Atlanta. It is my home. Unfortunately, I feel Atlanta will suffer yet another embarrassment or setback in national sports as we have done many times (see Thrashers, Braves, Hawks, etc.). Personally I hope they can sell the PSL’s and fill the stadium, but my gut says the Falcon fans will not RISE UP for this one.

I don’t really have a solution for Mr. Blank and there is no stopping this $1.2B train now. I pray I am wrong and that his market research team really did a thorough study. It appears I nor any other season ticket holder was surveyed about the new stadium. That tells me they think they know their base and are not counting too much on current season ticket holders to fill the stadium. That seems ludicrous.

Either way, I’m out as a season ticket holder. I am fortunate that I could actually afford to buy the tickets/PSL, but I’d rather just watch the games at home and maybe buy tickets to a game or two online at a discounted price. Heck, I can redo my basement with a 60” screen, pool table and hot tub for under $40k.

I wish Mr. Blank and the new head coach the best of luck.

What do you think ATL? Are there any season ticket holders or anyone out there that plan to purchase PSL?

RISE UP (from your couch) ATLANTA ! Peace out.

I like bumps too.... I can't start a new topic so that's all i can do. rolleyes.gif

Are you going to make topics to rant about PSLs? I can't wait. Every post you've made is about PSLs. Care to talk about the Falcons at all or are you just here to ***** and moan?

Are you going to make topics to rant about PSLs? I can't wait. Every post you've made is about PSLs. Care to talk about the Falcons at all or are you just here to ***** and moan?

He's not the one that started this ridiculous thread! Insulting the intelligence of every Falcon and/or NFL fan, with what a great deal these PSL's are. You don't like reading the responses to this lunacy? Don't click on the thread.

Just a suggestion.

Mega Flare likes this

I just want to talk about PSL's. It's a good, interesting topic that is going to affect my home and my team. It's also about the future of sports, falcons, NFL. You dont have to reply to every post PB. You already have 12000+. That's crazy! Congrats. I hope the Falcons are paying you. I feel most other commentary is just non-stop speculation.

jb 3.0 likes this

He's not the one that started this ridiculous thread! Insulting the intelligence of every Falcon and/or NFL fan, with what a great deal these PSL's are. You don't like reading the responses to this lunacy? Don't click on the thread.

Just a suggestion.

I enjoyed his information and found it useful. People like you come in and derail any kind of real discussion on the topic with emotional ranting and fueling the mass hysteria surrounding PSLs. We don't even know all of the details yet. You don't like them? Fine, stay out of the **** threads about them so we don't have to sift through a bunch of whiny ******** to get to actual useful information. No one is happy about PSLs, but I'm not throwing away the Falcons because of them. Until I see all the prices, or at least the prices for the section I sit in now, will I then make a decision.
mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

I enjoyed his information and found it useful. People like you come in and derail any kind of real discussion on the topic with emotional ranting and fueling the mass hysteria surrounding PSLs. We don't even know all of the details yet. You don't like them? Fine, stay out of the **** threads about them so we don't have to sift through a bunch of whiny ******** to get to actual useful information. No one is happy about PSLs, but I'm not throwing away the Falcons because of them. Until I see all the prices, or at least the prices for the section I sit in now, will I then make a decision.

Nobody's saying throw away the Falcons to anyone. You seem to be buying into the bullspit, the OP is presenting....continuously.

Most here aren't. You may think it's fine the way that 40 year season ticket holders are getting shafted. Me, being one, although with another team, that will be facing the same dilemma in the future.....You're damned right I'm emotional about it! You don't like it? click on the multiple other threads here.

I'm depending on Falcon fans to help put a stop to the lunacy that now pervades the NFL since Goodell took over!

I don't believe that's too much to ask. I'd do anything I could to help. One thing I can do, is let it be known here.....HOW ******* WRONG THIS IS!

Whether you believe it or not is up to you.

Mega Flare likes this

dmite, it seems that you might be the one getting a little emotional and now getting off topic. my long post above was for the most part "just the facts" / observation. it is an important topic to people who have been long time loyal fans. so it is an emotional topic. i'm new to the forum so this is the first round of discussions i have had on the issue. I'm sorry that you have been reading this thread over your 12,000 posts over the last 2 months. just don't click it if you dont want read it. there are ALOT of AWESOME other topics up.... like "worst starting linebackers in the nfl". what a great discussion!

Nobody's saying throw away the Falcons to anyone. You seem to be buying into the bullspit, the OP is presenting....continuously.

Most here aren't. You may think it's fine the way that 40 year season ticket holders are getting shafted. Me, being one, although with another team, that will be facing the same dilemma in the future.....You're damned right I'm emotional about it! You don't like it? click on the multiple other threads here.

I'm depending on Falcon fans to help put a stop to the lunacy that now pervades the NFL since Goodell took over!

I don't believe that's too much to ask. I'd do anything I could to help. One thing I can do, is let it be known here.....HOW ******* WRONG THIS IS!

I fail to see how people are owed something because they've been more fortunate to own season tickets longer. I was never able to go much until I got a job after college in the area and now I have been a season ticket holder since, I guess I'm less of a fan according to people in these threads.

People attacking the OP and others in class warfare type ranting is not right either. Ok, so he can afford it. I can't, but I still want to read about it because it's interesting to me.

I see it as part of the expense really, they only used $200 million of the hotel/motel tax money (less than the GA Dome) and $1.2 billion from the Falcons so far. PSLs are just a user tax to me, it's taxing the people that directly use it and I like that better than pulling another $500 million from taxpayers that will never step foot inside the thing.

NFL PSLs aren't going away as long as there is a shift to try and use less public money for stadiums. You can try writing to them or getting a letter published in the AJC, I think that's do more good than ranting on here honestly.

dmite, it seems that you might be the one getting a little emotional and now getting off topic. my long post above was for the most part "just the facts" / observation. it is an important topic to people who have been long time loyal fans. so it is an emotional topic. i'm new to the forum so this is the first round of discussions i have had on the issue. I'm sorry that you have been reading this thread over your 12,000 posts over the last 2 months. just don't click it if you dont want read it. there are ALOT of AWESOME other topics up.... like "worst starting linebackers in the nfl". what a great discussion!

That's what we've resorted to now huh? "Wow, you have 12,000 posts, you're so cool..." Thanks for clearing that up, I've actually been here around 10 years or more and I discuss all Atlanta sports topics and some off topic things. You won't last long if you like to make fun of people's post counts.

That's what we've resorted to now huh? "Wow, you have 12,000 posts, you're so cool..." Thanks for clearing that up, I've actually been here around 10 years or more and I discuss all Atlanta sports topics and some off topic things. You won't last long if you like to make fun of people's post counts.

It's a business. They don't owe season ticket holders anything by law. We weren't forced to buy season tix. We have a right to choose. My comments were written stating why I'm not going to renew. People are upset and this is a hot topic because loyalty gets you nothing. For some reason, people want to think NFL owners would care about doing what's right for their fans vs. what's best for the $$$. People thought Blank and the Falcons would be different. But it's about the $. I think you may be a new STH. If you have gone through the really rough years as a Falcon fan, you would understand. 50% capacity.... TV blackouts.... Most every game having more opponent fans at the game. Like I tell my GB, NYG, DAL fan buddies..... they have it easy..... it is very tough to be a Falcon fan. So when that loyalty gets pooped on, it hurts!!

The whole PSL thing is just dirty. I realize its business. But the concept of having to essentially lease a seat for thirty years and then have to purchase season tickets on top of that rather hefty investment is sick in this economy. Building the new stadium was a **** move anyway. They promise jobs in poor areas and spout about all the great new buzzers and whistles it will have. But, the cost is outrageous. And they will implode a perfectly fine domed stadium.

Again, I understand its business. But is it right? And was it right for the area they are building the edifice to greed in? I honesty hope it works out for the Blanks. And I hope the city is paid dividends for years to come, what with all the superbowl's the city will host. Its not for me. And in the end, it more than likely won't be for many who will also rather stay at home or hang with friends at the bar than to trek down to the stadium, pay $15 a beer, and fight the sea of humanity out the door.

Nono likes this

I fail to see how people are owed something because they've been more fortunate to own season tickets longer. I was never able to go much until I got a job after college in the area and now I have been a season ticket holder since, I guess I'm less of a fan according to people in these threads.

People attacking the OP and others in class warfare type ranting is not right either. Ok, so he can afford it. I can't, but I still want to read about it because it's interesting to me.

I see it as part of the expense really, they only used $200 million of the hotel/motel tax money (less than the GA Dome) and $1.2 billion from the Falcons so far. PSLs are just a user tax to me, it's taxing the people that directly use it and I like that better than pulling another $500 million from taxpayers that will never step foot inside the thing.

NFL PSLs aren't going away as long as there is a shift to try and use less public money for stadiums. You can try writing to them or getting a letter published in the AJC, I think that's do more good than ranting on here honestly.

FORTUNATE???? Are you serious? My father bought our tickets in 1975 before we even had a name for our team. You call it FORTUNATE to watch a team go 0-26 for their 1st 26 games, and then seeing season after season of losing football? He died in 1980 and I took over the tickets and have been buying them ever since. Yeah, we were there for every game, and yes even to see us win the Super Bowl. Did we want to watch pathetic football? **** NO!! But we did because we wanted to, and it was a game made for the fans. Today it isn't about the fans anymore whatsoever. That just happens to coincide with Rodger Goodell becoming NFL Commisioner. You seem to be one that believes that 40plus years of loyalty to a team means nothing. If more fans look at it like you do, this game is gonna go downhill and downhill fast.

Yeah, the doc can afford it, but to come on here and try and paint it as a great deal, and if you've been paying for those seats on the 40 yard line since 1966, and can't pay $120,000.00, plus another $12,500.00 per season....tough ****.

I have a problem with that, just as everyone here should!

Mega Flare likes this

Jb, if it's such pain and suffering to go to games just stop going. Stop paying. Yes, fortunate. A lot of people can't go to games for whatever reason and you've gotten to see so many years of professional football up close and personal. No matter how bad we suck or how good we are, I always watch and go to games optimistic we can win. That's what I get out of it, I have fun there. Always. I was there the whole 2007 season after the Vick junk, and I went to every game hoping we could win, I didn't care that they were terrible. When you can't go for so long and finally get the chance to go, it's a privilege to go watch and cheer on your team. They don't owe me anything other than effort and I'll give them my effort to make it loud on defense. I want to be there and I will be there now that I can go.

Jb, if it's such pain and suffering to go to games just stop going. Stop paying. Yes, fortunate. A lot of people can't go to games for whatever reason and you've gotten to see so many years of professional football up close and personal. No matter how bad we suck or how good we are, I always watch and go to games optimistic we can win. That's what I get out of it, I have fun there. Always. I was there the whole 2007 season after the Vick junk, and I went to every game hoping we could win, I didn't care that they were terrible. When you can't go for so long and finally get the chance to go, it's a privilege to go watch and cheer on your team. They don't owe me anything other than effort and I'll give them my effort to make it loud on defense. I want to be there and I will be there now that I can go.

If it effected my like that, I'd have given up these tickets over 30 years ago. I love to go to games. It's part of who I am now. you do something 17 to 19 weeks a year for 39 years it gets ingrained in you. But, evidently length of what I would call loyalty service means little to you, and to Rodger Goodell. I'm not gonna blame this all on Arthur Blank, because I think he's getting a lotta pressure from Goodell and other greed-ridden owners like Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder.

So, your "now that I'm well on my way to being a 1%er and to **** with those that aren't" routine, is to put it simply..........WRONG.

But that's just my opinion, you keep telling the rest that were there since 1966 and can't afford the cost of a 3 bedroom house just for the PRIVILEGE you speak of how wrong WE ARE.

While you're at it, tell Rush the next time you speak to him what worms people like myself other longtime fans really are.wink.png

Mega Flare likes this

How is it not fortunate that you've been going to games for longer than I've been alive? You sound spoiled man.

Nope, just pissed that the writing's on the wall that some day in the not too distant future, that my family, friends and I are gonna be taking it up the keister just like all the longtime Falcon season ticket holders are.

Hate to break it to you...but you'll be old too, just like the rest of us, unless of course you prefer the alternative.wink.png

Mega Flare likes this

Nope, just pissed that the writing's on the wall that some day in the not too distant future, that my family, friends and I are gonna be taking it up the keister just like all the longtime Falcon season ticket holders are.

Hate to break it to you...but you'll be old too, just like the rest of us, unless of course you prefer the alternative.wink.png

Well maybe the Bucs will keep their club seats in the 200 section and you can keep your seats for 39+ more years. Are they talking about a new stadium?

Well maybe the Bucs will keep their club seats in the 200 section and you can keep your seats for 39+ more years. Are they talking about a new stadium?

No, but the direction Goodell has the league going, he's gonna be insisting the Glazers put the screws to the fans like they're doing everywhere else. It's not too difficult to see the writing on the wall. RayJay is only 17 years old, but the Georgia Dome isn't that much older is it? If the idea of putting the screws to the fans in Atlanta works, there's nothing keeping the Glazers from following suit, especially with Goodell doing his best to squeeze every dollar out of every wallet he can find.

Edit: I just looked.. the Georgia Dome is only 6 years older than RayJay! There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Georgia Dome. In my opinion, it's the best domed stadium I've been and watched NFL games.

Atlanta fans are getting hosed, and hosed big time, simply to line the pockets of multi-billionaires. Nothing short of disgraceful in my book.

Mega Flare likes this

No, but the direction Goodell has the league going, he's gonna be insisting the Glazers put the screws to the fans like they're doing everywhere else. It's not too difficult to see the writing on the wall. RayJay is only 17 years old, but the Georgia Dome isn't that much older is it? If the idea of putting the screws to the fans in Atlanta works, there's nothing keeping the Glazers from following suit, especially with Goodell doing his best to squeeze every dollar out of every wallet he can find.

I don't see that happening that quickly in Tampa because like Miami, you don't have to worry as much about ice storms shutting the city down so it makes it an attractive host city regardless of the venue, and I think Raymond James has character with that pirate ship. GA Dome is coming up on its 23rd anniversary and because of our last Super Bowl attempt, the NFL wasn't coming back unless they had good reason to (new stadium). It's also to attract the college playoffs, ncaa bball, and MLS as well, so Blank acted, now someone has to pay for it unfortunately. I suspect you'll probably get a new baseball stadium first though that seems like a long way off too.

Six weeks later, I am still in shock, insulted and dumbfounded over the PSL pricing for the New Atlanta Stadium.

I’ve been a Falcon fan my entire life and I am an 18 year season ticket holder. I have 2 seats that are on the 40 yard line, row 6, behind the Falcons bench. My “reasonably comparable allocated seat(s)” as the Falcon’s marketing team calls them, will EACH cost $365 with a $20,000.00 license fee PER SEAT. So besides an absurdly high PSL of $40,000.00, what currently costs me $278 per game ($139 per seat) for 2 seats will now cost me $730. Yes, $730 PER GAME ($7300 per season)! And two of those games are preseason virtually unsellable games.

Now of course, I could maybe find $139 seats in the upper deck end zone (prices not released yet), but why would I move back from what took me 18 years of loyalty to earn? I really feel for the 40+ year ticket holders.

I have easily attended over 150 games. I have screamed my head off through the good times and bad. My vocal cords, ears and brain have “paid the price” many times. It was all worth it and I don’t regret it one bit.

I don’t imagine the new stadium will be filled with true, loyal fans anymore. This of course will result in a non-advantage for the home team or even worse, a disadvantage and embarrassment that there are more opposing team fans at your home games. This trend has already begun in Dallas …. America’s Team.

After he purchased the team in 2002, Mr. Blank was a genius when he decided to drop many upper deck seats to $10 each. After many years of low game attendance and television blackouts, the Georgia Dome began to sell out and the Falcons started to be more competitive season after season. The Dome field advantage was born. Mr. Blank seems to have forgotten how small and fickle the Atlanta Falcons fan base was and still is.

Part of me feels a little sorry for Mr. Blank whom I used to admire greatly. He appears to be in over his head on this one. In order to pay for the gorgeous, hi-tech stadium, they have to put much of the burden on the attendants (fans?) That is of course if they can find enough people / corporations willing to pay that amount of money.

I love Atlanta. It is my home. Unfortunately, I feel Atlanta will suffer yet another embarrassment or setback in national sports as we have done many times (see Thrashers, Braves, Hawks, etc.). Personally I hope they can sell the PSL’s and fill the stadium, but my gut says the Falcon fans will not RISE UP for this one.

I don’t really have a solution for Mr. Blank and there is no stopping this $1.2B train now. I pray I am wrong and that his market research team really did a thorough study. It appears I nor any other season ticket holder was surveyed about the new stadium. That tells me they think they know their base and are not counting too much on current season ticket holders to fill the stadium. That seems ludicrous.

Either way, I’m out as a season ticket holder. I am fortunate that I could actually afford to buy the tickets/PSL, but I’d rather just watch the games at home and maybe buy tickets to a game or two online at a discounted price. Heck, I can redo my basement with a 60” screen, pool table and hot tub for under $40k.

I wish Mr. Blank and the new head coach the best of luck.

What do you think ATL? Are there any season ticket holders or anyone out there that plan to purchase PSL?

RISE UP (from your couch) ATLANTA ! Peace out.

I feel ya of thinking the Falcons owe you something for loyality and purchase tickets for multiple years but it's 2015 not 1980 any more! How about your employer do you think they have loyality for you for your 20+ years of service and dedication of labor? Maybe a few but most don't give a dam, it's a business and think of you as a number and would let you go for two people that total your salary after that long. Not taking it personal it's business now days, things have changed alot! The Atlanta Falcons and Mr. Blank are a business and after one thing... your money and making profits to pay for there luxuries.They don't care if you continue paying there fees they say if you don't someone else will.This is all about personal choices heck my house didn't cost me a $100,00 back in 1997 ,SO IF you ask me if I had the decision of making a loan for two seats on the 50 yd line that I have had for 20+ years for $90,000 for 10 yrs. and my house is still not paid for!!! MY wife will answer this tough question for ya .. and I'm still married . lol

Deadwood likes this

If it effected my like that, I'd have given up these tickets over 30 years ago. I love to go to games. It's part of who I am now. you do something 17 to 19 weeks a year for 39 years it gets ingrained in you. But, evidently length of what I would call loyalty service means little to you, and to Rodger Goodell. I'm not gonna blame this all on Arthur Blank, because I think he's getting a lotta pressure from Goodell and other greed-ridden owners like Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder.

So, your "now that I'm well on my way to being a 1%er and to **** with those that aren't" routine, is to put it simply..........WRONG.

But that's just my opinion, you keep telling the rest that were there since 1966 and can't afford the cost of a 3 bedroom house just for the PRIVILEGE you speak of how wrong WE ARE.

While you're at it, tell Rush the next time you speak to him what worms people like myself other longtime fans really are.wink.png

Season ticket holders are not worms, everyone including myself have opinions! We have that right to voice our opinion BUT it doens't mean we are going to change a thing. The majority have always ruled!!! You, I , them can all wait to see if everyone else pays PSL's (hoping and wishing NOT) but it's not in our control. If NO ONE pays just maybe the pricing falls or goes away , good for the waiter.But if not take the chance and get the worst seat or watch at home(the game of chance..(life)). EX. If I was to say I WOULD NEVER PAY $8 FOR A BEER AT A SPORTING EVENT AND EITHER SHOULD NOONE ELSE I guess I wouldn't be drinking ever again at a game while everyone else does LIFE does go on with or with you. I'm not jabbing this at you personally just saying in reality. I enjoy going to the games live and think they show cut out the cost of the ((joking )) preseason games and that would be a 20% savings ... a start!

just weird how people who mostly have complained in this thread have not been season ticket holders of the falcons. Honestly it's kind of ridiculous.

Me and others who are sth find what the OP said as useful. Get over it. You and others who complain about this were not buying seats before psl, so why the heck would y'all now?¿?

sorry jb I know you are giving your two cents being am opposing fan, but you let this get to you way to bad, sir.