Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

esmithidoc

Had My Psl Sales Meeting Today

466 posts in this topic

Let's not get crazy with the math here...

The most expensive tickets in the GA dome now with no PSL are $410 and by all accounts, the ticket prices in the new stadium are cheaper to offset the PSL price some.

That being the case, I'll provide a worst case scenario which is that ticket price plus the PSL.

($45,000 + ($410 x 10 games x 30 years)) / 300 games = $560 per game. No where near your hysterical numbers.

And these are only the most expensive seats in the house (not counting Suites). Yes, it's still a lot of money per game, but let's calm down on the $10,000 per game rhetoric. And yes, after 3 years, the price of the season tickets themselves would go up, but we are still no where near your $5k to $10k projections.

You're missing the point entirely. Our tickets down here are even less than yours (I'm talking non-club seats). Problem is, If I were to have the same seats up there they would now be club seats, thus I'd have to come up with what I've been told amounts to $45000.00 per seat, times 4 seats = $180,000.00.....just to have the right to buy tickets where I've been sitting for 39 years!

You can spin those numbers anyway ya want. But this is completely insane!

Mega Flare likes this

Jb, the owners have Goodell, the players have a union, sounds like you could lead up the season ticket holder!!!

Somebody's gonna need to! It's not costing me anything at the moment, but it is some of my good Falcon fan friends. I don't wanna see them get screwed, and I know when they do, I'm next. Until somebody starts taking a stand to this insanity, it's only going to continue. But it sounds like the 1% here couldn't care less.

Mega Flare likes this

You're missing the point entirely. Our tickets down here are even less than yours (I'm talking non-club seats). Problem is, If I were to have the same seats up there they would now be club seats, thus I'd have to come up with what I've been told amounts to $45000.00 per seat, times 4 seats = $180,000.00.....just to have the right to buy tickets where I've been sitting for 39 years!

You can spin those numbers anyway ya want. But this is completely insane!

Lower sidelines are now going to be club level instead of the mezzanine. I get what you're saying but they aren't technically the same seats (club vs. non-club). As a person that prefers the mezzanine level to see the whole field better, I'm happy that I might be able to move closer to the 50 now and not be in a club seat paying those prices.

Lower sidelines are now going to be club level instead of the mezzanine. I get what you're saying but they aren't technically the same seats (club vs. non-club). As a person that prefers the mezzanine level to see the whole field better, I'm happy that I might be able to move closer to the 50 now and not be in a club seat paying those prices.

We sit in the first row behind the Bucs bench. We have for 39 years. I wouldn't trade those seats for anything! Who cares if ya don't have a prefect view of the field? You're a part of the game! We hear the coaches and players, and better yet the officials can hear us!!! These are not club seats now, but they would be in your new stadium, and we would get gourmet food and drinks served to us all game long. Who the **** cares????? ME, MY FRIENDS, MY KIDS, WE'RE FOOTBALL FANS!!! Not some wealthy goofs that're there for wine & cheese!

We sit in the first row behind the Bucs bench. We have for 39 years. I wouldn't trade those seats for anything! Who cares if ya don't have a prefect view of the field? You're a part of the game! We hear the coaches and players, and better yet the officials can hear us!!! These are not club seats now, but they would be in your new stadium, and we would get gourmet food and drinks served to us all game long. Who the **** cares????? ME, MY FRIENDS, MY KIDS, WE'RE FOOTBALL FANS!!! Not some wealthy goofs that're there for wine & cheese!

Good for you man. I like to watch the whole field and be able to see plays develop and see what just happened. To each his own I guess.

you know I could possibly see psl's if this team was a dynasty or won a super bowl, something more than four winning seasons in a row (followed by 2 miserable seasons) and 1 playoff win of recent, but honestly we aren't that good yet.

So why in hel would anyone voluntarily pay this huge chunk of money that you are legally married to??

It makes no sense at all

total money grab and greed in its purist form from our so called loving owner

obviously, you are not paying PSL's due to any Championships or wins. It's for Blank and his investors to recoupe there 800 million invested into the 1.4 billion $ stadium. The stadium was coming like it or not! Winning does put fans in seats and what has happened over the last two seasons isn't something Blank was banking on or expecting come psl sign ups . You have to make that tough decision BEFORE another game is played. A game of Texas Hold'em -- hold out and hope for the worse or ALL IN. Blank has showed you his cards now your turn! Again its not right but its the NEW era of seating of the NFL. Its a business $$$ talks and Bull**** walks ..just like any business owner today. Sad but true

Hey Doc, I'm a season ticket holder 23+ years. It's not your opinion that is rubbing people wrong. It's the so called (cocky) side they hear. I asume you have money and love watching the Falcons live , and I totally agree with you and your support. But on the flip side current and long time season ticket holders are stating there opinions on why they are against paying these high fees for a product that hasn't accomplished anything but back to back winning season for 5 years after 40 + years and a losing trip to Super Bowl(Not a great resume). I do love my Birds and have enjoyed going to every home game, but buying the right to sit in a seat you also pay for, is up in the air(haven't quoted the price of my section yet!) I already know what I will pay and what I want pay, just waiting on the call. It's sad, years of ticket purchasing has no berring, that continuing year after year to faithful purchase tickets with Falcons win or lose...(more losses)over them 23 years! Falcons fan reguardless

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as cocky. That post was in response to continued ridicule of my low post count and accusing me of being a company plant! There have been many posts about how seats are going to be 45k each in the new stadium. The only 45k PSL is in the Founders Club. That is the first 30 rows on field level between the 45s, and is limited to only 300 seats out of 75,000 (0.4% of the stadium). That is an "all inclusive" club and will certainly be limited to corporations or very high income fans. The rest of the stadium will still be filled with screamers. Since the current Dome only holds a little over 71,000 there will still be more fans to make more noise. If fans have had seats on the 50, they will have to move somewhere downfield unless they want to be one of the 300. I know that is frustrating, but most in the stadium can still enjoy the game without being on the 50.

Your support over the years puts you towards the front of the line in deciding where you want to be in the new stadium. I'm sorry, but I just don't understand the mentality (I'm not necessarily talking about you personally) that the Falcons owe anyone more than this for their past purchases. I don't think that they have ever asked for fans to sacrifice or to offer the organization charity. Your yearly ticket purchase is for the entertainment of watching their product (the NFL) for the year. I doubt that it was ever implied or stated that your season ticket purchase should be considered an investment with dividends to pay off in the future. If watching the Falcons in the past was so painful, I don't understand why fans would continue to repurchase their product. The new stadium PSLs are not financial investments in my mind, but are entertainment investments. If fans aren't entertained by the games and the venue, then PSLs are a bad investment all around. I think that the new stadium will offer great times and memories for me for the next 3 decades so I purchased, but I can only speak for myself. Everyone has to decide whether the new package is a good value for them or not.

Clark Kentâ„¢ and dmite like this

We sit in the first row behind the Bucs bench. We have for 39 years. I wouldn't trade those seats for anything!

Sorry Tampa fan, but unless you buy a PSL, those seats are not yours to trade regardless of how much you love them. You have been a long time renter of those seats. There is nothing wrong with that, but unless you own or have a signed contract, you don't actually have control of your future location. If the stadium owner decides that his golf buddies should have your seats, then they are no longer your seats. You have them only because the owner thinks it is in his best financial interest to let you keep renting them.

Obviously PSL's are hoing to be a hot topic for the forseeable future. Someone may want to start a poll to see what everyone does after their PSL presentation. Perhaps something like:

Following your PSL presentation did you:

1. Walk away without purchacing any seats

2. Purchace the seats which were reserved for me

3. Purchased the seats which were reserved for me but signed a relocation request for other seats if they become available.

4. Purchased seats but not the ones reserved for me.

5. Did not purchase seats but made a refundable deposit for other seats if they become available.

I think those are essentially your choices. Would be interesting to see how it plays out.

Sorry Tampa fan, but unless you buy a PSL, those seats are not yours to trade regardless of how much you love them. You have been a long time renter of those seats. There is nothing wrong with that, but unless you own or have a signed contract, you don't actually have control of your future location. If the stadium owner decides that his golf buddies should have your seats, then they are no longer your seats. You have them only because the owner thinks it is in his best financial interest to let you keep renting them.

Wrong again, but that's not really surprising.

Before our new Stadium was constructed, The Buccaneers management, headed by Malcolm Glazer, with a lot of help from then GM Rich McKay tried to figure out a way to help fund the stadium to make it state of the art....at that time.

Rather than saddle longtime fans with PSL's they came up with basically was an an interest free loan from every current and future season ticket holder. In order to keep getting your season tickets in the new stadium, every fan had to give them the equivalent of one years worth of of the cost of their season tickets...plus the the money for the ticket. Then they would refund and credit your account 5% of that initial fee every season for ten seasons, then in the 11th season they would refund the final 50%. Now you paid that up front, but you got it back. At the time I had 8 seats where I sit now, because we were just starting to make our run and had an excellent team, and I had plenty of people that wanted to go week in and week out.

Those 8 seats cost me initially around $24000.00! At the time I had a very successful business and it wasn't that hard to come up with the $$. BUT...I got it all back. All they did was use my $$ interest free. Now I'm retired and don't have nearly the discretionary income to give some BILLIONAIRE $50,000.00 to $100,000.00 simply for the RIGHT to buy his tickets. BUT, $24000.00 I know I'll be getting back over the years? No Problem! In fact, now that I've only got 4 tickets, it would've been only $12000.00. Now these are mid 1990 dollars so I know they'd be more today, but not double, PLUS...I'd be getting it ALL back in the form of credits each season when it came time to buy my tickets!

A lot of planning went into that idea, and I know Rich McKay had a lot to do with it, which is why I find it hard to believe the Falcons are going the PSL route.

So you go ahead and ridicule me all ya want. All you are is a shill for the greed that has permeated this once great game.

Have at it Doc !

And those of you pointing to, and blaming the Panthers. They didn't have a team...or a Stadium before Bank of America Field was built. They had no tradition of loyal, long time season ticket holders getting screwed with PSLs and being told to pony up or get the **** out.

I'm telling you longtime, loyal Falcon fans...QUIT listening to this SHILL!

He's got plenty of $$, he can afford to piss away Thousands of $$ just for the right to buy tickets to see the team you all love. Most Can't! See it for what it really is!!!

shc, Mega Flare and Shelley#37 like this

Jb, thanks for the clarification. If you got a lifetime guarantee to retain your seats, then that is a better deal. If you didn't, then I'm not really sure what you bought. You are still relying on the goodwill of "heartless billionaires" to keep your current location. I am more comfortable with a contract as I had with my Dome Clubs, or a PSL in the new stadium. If where you sit doesn't matter, then PSLs may not be a good option for you.

you're kind of an ahole dude.

Mega Flare, jb 3.0 and Peyton like this

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as cocky. That post was in response to continued ridicule of my low post count and accusing me of being a company plant! There have been many posts about how seats are going to be 45k each in the new stadium. The only 45k PSL is in the Founders Club. That is the first 30 rows on field level between the 45s, and is limited to only 300 seats out of 75,000 (0.4% of the stadium). That is an "all inclusive" club and will certainly be limited to corporations or very high income fans. The rest of the stadium will still be filled with screamers. Since the current Dome only holds a little over 71,000 there will still be more fans to make more noise. If fans have had seats on the 50, they will have to move somewhere downfield unless they want to be one of the 300. I know that is frustrating, but most in the stadium can still enjoy the game without being on the 50.

Your support over the years puts you towards the front of the line in deciding where you want to be in the new stadium. I'm sorry, but I just don't understand the mentality (I'm not necessarily talking about you personally) that the Falcons owe anyone more than this for their past purchases. I don't think that they have ever asked for fans to sacrifice or to offer the organization charity. Your yearly ticket purchase is for the entertainment of watching their product (the NFL) for the year. I doubt that it was ever implied or stated that your season ticket purchase should be considered an investment with dividends to pay off in the future. If watching the Falcons in the past was so painful, I don't understand why fans would continue to repurchase their product. The new stadium PSLs are not financial investments in my mind, but are entertainment investments. If fans aren't entertained by the games and the venue, then PSLs are a bad investment all around. I think that the new stadium will offer great times and memories for me for the next 3 decades so I purchased, but I can only speak for myself. Everyone has to decide whether the new package is a good value for them or not.

Everyone starts with a low post count. It's when posting history focuses on a single topic that things get weird.

Mega Flare likes this

Jb, thanks for the clarification. If you got a lifetime guarantee to retain your seats, then that is a better deal. If you didn't, then I'm not really sure what you bought. You are still relying on the goodwill of "heartless billionaires" to keep your current location. I am more comfortable with a contract as I had with my Dome Clubs, or a PSL in the new stadium. If where you sit doesn't matter, then PSLs may not be a good option for you.

We have no written contract other than my account # says what seats we have. That's the way its always been. I suppose they could kick us out and make us relocate or just quit selling us the seats. Evidently you don't know much about Public Relations. I would think after reading all my posts in this thread, you'd be able to tell, I'm not exactly the quiet type, that just takes anything that's thrown at me without putting up the best fight I can. I know everyone that sits around us, and they know me. They decide to arbitrarilly pull my seats. The investigative news reporter with one of the local TV Networks, that has been sitting directly behind us for years and years would be on the story like white on rice. You all go ahead and accept the crap you're being fed, simply because you can afford to. Many of us cannot.

I guess you've ignored or didn't bother reading the stories about what has happened to the 49ers fan base in Levi Stadium.

That's exactly what's in store for the Falcons simply so Arthur Blank and the NFL can line their pockets. Homefield advantage???? Hardly. It's rather hard to scream DEFENSE while the opposing offense is in their huddle or on the LOS and you're holding a glass of champagne...rolleyes.gif

Mega Flare and birdbrain24 like this

you're kind of an ahole dude.

Exactly what I was thinking, but this is how the 1% looks at the rest of us.....

Mega Flare likes this

I totally understand. My point in this thread is that the new stadium is being funded by PSLs. I would certainly prefer not to have them, but howling on message boards is not going to change reality. Fans can do as they please, but if they want to keep good seats in the new stadium, they will have to buy a PSL when presented. If they pass on them by choice or necessity, they will end up with worse seats or can buy seats by the game. Nothing wrong with that; it is an individual's choice. They may be able to purchase in later years for less, but I value every season and decided to pay for the better seats. The experience in the new stadium will be very special and I don't want to miss it.

I totally understand. My point in this thread is that the new stadium is being funded by PSLs. I would certainly prefer not to have them, but howling on message boards is not going to change reality. Fans can do as they please, but if they want to keep good seats in the new stadium, they will have to buy a PSL when presented. If they pass on them by choice or necessity, they will end up with worse seats or can buy seats by the game. Nothing wrong with that; it is an individual's choice. They may be able to purchase in later years for less, but I value every season and decided to pay for the better seats. The experience in the new stadium will be very special and I don't want to miss it.

Howling on message boards isn't going to fix our defense, but we still do it. It's what a message board is for. You have this strange notion that we shouldn't complain about PSL's because we can't change them. We can discuss whatever we please. It's a message board.

Mega Flare likes this

Howling on message boards isn't going to fix our defense, but we still do it. It's what a message board is for. You have this strange notion that we shouldn't complain about PSL's because we can't change them. We can discuss whatever we please. It's a message board.

I totally agree. I just would hate for fans to think that was going to eliminate the PSLs. I think message boards are great, and based on this thread, are a great way for fans to ventilate their frustrations. The truth in the case of the new stadium is hard to take, but it is still the truth.

You're the 1%er they quoted in the AJC saying you bought a town home in Atlanta so you'd have a place to stay while you were in town for games, huh?

It's really ALL ABOUT YOU, isn't it? The **** with the rest of the longtime fans.......

shake.gif

Mega Flare likes this

The whole tread is a touchy subject with alot of different opinions! Unfortunantly the mighty (($)) is about greed as the rich get richer and the poorer are suffering. PSL's are not going away like it or not! Especially that our 1.3 billion dollar stadium and growing cost is not all funded through taxes or by the NFL, has to be paid for one way or ANOTHER. There is no loyality In sports, work , or friendship these days . It sux to think the long time fan is getting punished (including myself) for PSL cost, but you can take it or leave it..and i'm one on the fence. I totally understand every side , the ones with money, ones without money and then the ones that may have the money but spite the reason of charging psl's are not paying.To me its no different than a theatre charging $8 for popcorn and $6 for a drink and at football games $8 a beer, WE can all complain about the cost BUT a heck of alot of people are paying it each and every game no matter what the cost.(( am I right.)) !!! I will leave with this ...the $45000 seats are NOT for everyone and I'm not in them myself, they do have lower and alot lower seating cost through out the stadium., fortunately I have enjoy my endzone seats for 23 years and hope the price is right if not hasta la vista!! I do think 45,000 is a bit high especially with the tickets doubling in price too!! Again my opinion...I'm not for it, but we'll see if theres more payers than none payers.

BirdFlew likes this