Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

esmithidoc

Had My Psl Sales Meeting Today

466 posts in this topic

Yeah Mr Bojangles started this practice, who also spearheaded the "Owners are getting screwed" labor negotiations, and asked the city of Charlotte for huge amounts of public money for upgrades.

Just wait it out a few years folks. Panther's PSLs are a 1/4 of the price nowadays, and unless we win 2 Super Bowls between now and 2017, they won't be hard to get.

jb 3.0 and Mega Flare like this

Yeah Mr Bojangles started this practice, who also spearheaded the "Owners are getting screwed" labor negotiations, and asked the city of Charlotte for huge amounts of public money for upgrades.

Just wait it out a few years folks. Panther's PSLs are a 1/4 of the price nowadays, and unless we win 2 Super Bowls between now and 2017, they won't be hard to get.

just the fact that they are unwilling to post the psl prices for the rest of the sections just shows they are testing the waters(concerned) with the initial roll out to see how far they can push the prices/fans (the dome is not currently sold out with all season ticket holders even if they might want you to think it is)so if they push the prices too high they could easily loose a good 25% of current season ticket holders and trying to replace them with fans (that didn't buy season tickets before when prices were reasonable)with Higher price options and just a sales pitch of "IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME' just might not work out so well

Mega Flare likes this

just the fact that they are unwilling to post the psl prices for the rest of the sections just shows they are testing the waters(concerned) with the initial roll out to see how far they can push the prices/fans (the dome is not currently sold out with all season ticket holders even if they might want you to think it is)so if they push the prices too high they could easily loose a good 25% of current season ticket holders and trying to replace them with fans (that didn't buy season tickets before when prices were reasonable)with Higher price options and a sales pitch of "IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME' just might not work out so well

Yeah you can tell this is a total "test the waters" type thing. I'm not mad at Blank or the Falcons, I'm not the type of fan they are looking for anyway and it's not because I don't have discretionary income either.

UGA has been pulling this shyt for years(but at least the tickets are only $45.00 a piece) and over time it's changed the game day crowd. Old well off folks that have no problem with visiting fans coming into the stadium taking over. That's not the kind of fan I am, so I'm counting on them to buy these things so my obnoxious azz can sit in my home theater and scream without people looking at me like I'm the devil.

Mega Flare likes this

Telling buyers what a good investment PSL's were to Steeler fans... More sales huckster #######...

Fan bases are like apples and oranges...

All the key high pressure features to trying to force a "now" decision...

Mega Flare likes this

Telling buyers what a good investment PSL's were to Steeler fans... More sales huckster #######...

Fan bases are like apples and oranges...

All the key high pressure features to trying to force a "now" decision...

Guess you read over the part where they showed the Titans performing the worst. Not defending it, but lets not cherry pick.

To be accurate... They should avoid any Steelers info... They need to compare to the TItans and Jets... Apples to apples... Expect that your 10k "investment" will do down to 2k...

Giving PSL history on irrelevant non-comparable franchises is huckster ********... Can we compare to clubs that have no PSL? Is no PSL an option?

Mega Flare likes this

To be accurate... They should avoid any Steelers info... They need to compare to the TItans and Jets... Apples to apples... Expect that your 10k "investment" will do down to 2k...

Giving PSL history on irrelevant non-comparable franchises is huckster ********... Can we compare to clubs that have no PSL? Is no PSL an option?

I agree to a point. I think they should show all of them and fully disclose any information they have on it. It's up to us to realize that we don't have a fanbase like the Steelers and more like the Titans, which I think the Falcons already realize which is why they are doing more like the Titans did and we'll see some pretty affordable PSL prices in the upper deck area.

I did not get the impression that there was I high pressure sales situation at all. I think that the Falcons organization is trying to transition to and pay for the new stadium with as few disruptions to current STH as possible. With Club seat STH, each current holder was "assigned" seats that were as close to their current dome seats as possible. Birdflew was able to upgrade because someone had already turned down those seats in the new stadium. Club STH have another couple of weeks to decide, and then I assume the seats assigned to them will be released if not claimed by another Club seat STH. After that has cleared, I would expect that the next in line to claim or upgrade would be the next highest priced tickets in the Dome. They will probably be "assigned" the best non-club seats, or have next crack at unclaimed Club seats. That way they will be rewarded for their support as well. And on down the line. Next would be folks who are not STH but are on the waiting list. Then open to the public.

Since I don't work for the Falcons, I don't know that this is how it will work, but sure seems like that is what they are doing.

I did not get the impression that there was I high pressure sales situation at all. I think that the Falcons organization is trying to transition to and pay for the new stadium with as few disruptions to current STH as possible. With Club seat STH, each current holder was "assigned" seats that were as close to their current dome seats as possible. Birdflew was able to upgrade because someone had already turned down those seats in the new stadium. Club STH have another couple of weeks to decide, and then I assume the seats assigned to them will be released if not claimed by another Club seat STH. After that has cleared, I would expect that the next in line to claim or upgrade would be the next highest priced tickets in the Dome. They will probably be "assigned" the best non-club seats, or have next crack at unclaimed Club seats. That way they will be rewarded for their support as well. And on down the line. Next would be folks who are not STH but are on the waiting list. Then open to the public.

Since I don't work for the Falcons, I don't know that this is how it will work, but sure seems like that is what they are doing.

Not now anyway. They'll be contacting you soon enough about a PSL Sales job.rolleyes.gif

Now you're saying what they'll PROBABLY do for the Longtime Peasant season ticket holders. We may be in the nosebleeds, and paying 3 times what we pay now for lower level seats on the 35 to 40 yard line. How nice.

Just like I said earlier.... "Take what we give you and be happy....to **** with your loyalty, peasant"!

shake.gif

Mega Flare and Nono like this

Well the PSLs will cut out the working person with an ID tag or an hourly salary. If you add the season ticket price and the PSL for your seat, what is your per game price?

(2nd paragraph) Now, I had season tickets for the first 9 years of the franchise and some will say I'm out of touch but at that time it was reasonable.

(3rd paragraph)I was there at 11 AM for the warmups and stayed until everyone left and there was no traffic.A wonderful experience! I still have my 60's era Falcons seat cushions.

(4th paragraph) Just a check on a longer post.

jb 3.0 likes this

Well the PSLs will cut out the working person with an ID tag or an hourly salary. If you add the season ticket price and the PSL for your seat, what is your per game price?(2nd paragraph) Now, I had season tickets for the first 9 years of the franchise and some will say I'm out of touch but at that time it was reasonable. (3rd paragraph)I was there at 11 AM for the warmups and stayed until everyone left and there was no traffic.A wonderful experience! I still have my 60's era Falcons seat cushions.(4th paragraph) Just a check on a longer post.

Well no paragraphs! Could a mod help me out? I will pm.

You are correct. The only reason we got better seats if you want to call them that is someone else had already passed on them. If you pass on your "assigned" seats they will become available to others if they like them better. If you pass and call back in a week and they are still available no problem. If not you get back in line. I also never felt pressured, but arrived with the expectation we would most likely buy.

You are correct. The only reason we got better seats if you want to call them that is someone else had already passed on them. If you pass on your "assigned" seats they will become available to others if they like them better. If you pass and call back in a week and they are still available no problem. If not you get back in line. I also never felt pressured, but arrived with the expectation we would most likely buy.

I have seats at 322 row 5. Can someone take my seats before they call me in?

I have seats at 322 row 5. Can someone take my seats before they call me in?

All current STH get assigned seats comparable to where their GA Dome seats are, no one can take those until you deny them at a later date.
mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

All current STH get assigned seats comparable to where their GA Dome seats are, no one can take those until you deny them at a later date.

good. thanks. this is what I was afraid of the most.

you know I could possibly see psl's if this team was a dynasty or won a super bowl, something more than four winning seasons in a row (followed by 2 miserable seasons) and 1 playoff win of recent, but honestly we aren't that good yet.

So why in hel would anyone voluntarily pay this huge chunk of money that you are legally married to??

It makes no sense at all

total money grab and greed in its purist form from our so called loving owner

Mega Flare likes this

you know I could possibly see psl's if this team was a dynasty or won a super bowl, something more than four winning seasons in a row (followed by 2 miserable seasons) and 1 playoff win of recent, but honestly we aren't that good yet.

So why in hel would anyone voluntarily pay this huge chunk of money that you are legally married to??

It makes no sense at all

total money grab and greed in its purist form from our so called loving owner

It's because they think that since they have $$ they're the REAL fans, and the owners obviously agree with 'em.

If you add together what they're paying in PSL $$ and ticket $$, they're paying well over $1000.00 per seat, per game, in some instances $5000.00 to $10,000.00 per ticket per game. It's ******* insane! What's worse is you see these knuckleheads lining up to do it.

I have an idea.....instead of throwing all those thousands of dollars at greedy NFL Owners who are screwing all the longtime loyal season ticket holders, you instead donate even a small portion of it to a worthwhile charity. It may not be as glamorous as what you're doing now, but the world would be a helluva lot better off. You'll still be able to get the Falcons tickets you claim to desire so much, ya just won't be screwing over the rest of us in the process!

Just a thought...

I know it doesn't fit with the ME, MINE, OURS mentality so many hold so dear today. But isn't it high time you quit trying **** over the working man?rolleyes.gif

It's because they think that since they have $$ they're the REAL fans, and the owners obviously agree with 'em.

If you add together what they're paying in PSL $$ and ticket $$, they're paying well over $1000.00 per seat, per game, in some instances $5000.00 to $10,000.00 per ticket per game. It's ******* insane! What's worse is you see these knuckleheads lining up to do it.

I have an idea.....instead of throwing all those thousands of dollars at greedy NFL Owners who are screwing all the longtime loyal season ticket holders, you instead donate even a small portion of it to a worthwhile charity. It may not be as glamorous as what you're doing now, but the world would be a helluva lot better off. You'll still be able to get the Falcons tickets you claim to desire so much, ya just won't be screwing over the rest of us in the process!

Just a thought...

I know it doesn't fit with the ME, MINE, OURS mentality so many hold so dear today. But isn't it high time you quit trying **** over the working man?rolleyes.gif

Let's not get crazy with the math here...

The most expensive tickets in the GA dome now with no PSL are $410 and by all accounts, the ticket prices in the new stadium are cheaper to offset the PSL price some.

That being the case, I'll provide a worst case scenario which is that ticket price plus the PSL.

($45,000 + ($410 x 10 games x 30 years)) / 300 games = $560 per game. No where near your hysterical numbers.

And these are only the most expensive seats in the house (not counting Suites). Yes, it's still a lot of money per game, but let's calm down on the $10,000 per game rhetoric. And yes, after 3 years, the price of the season tickets themselves would go up, but we are still no where near your $5k to $10k projections.

LOL! I'm an eye surgeon in northeast Tennessee. STH since 2007. Most PSLs will probably be $1000 unless you are in one of the club sections. A decent chunk of cash, but you have a couple of years to save it up. Doubt you would need a second mortgage for that...

I read the boards from time to time, but rarely post. Just putting in my 2 cents worth now because I see bad information about something that I know more about than most who are posting.

Hey Doc, I'm a season ticket holder 23+ years. It's not your opinion that is rubbing people wrong. It's the so called (cocky) side they hear. I asume you have money and love watching the Falcons live , and I totally agree with you and your support. But on the flip side current and long time season ticket holders are stating there opinions on why they are against paying these high fees for a product that hasn't accomplished anything but back to back winning season for 5 years after 40 + years and a losing trip to Super Bowl(Not a great resume). I do love my Birds and have enjoyed going to every home game, but buying the right to sit in a seat you also pay for, is up in the air(haven't quoted the price of my section yet!) I already know what I will pay and what I want pay, just waiting on the call. It's sad, years of ticket purchasing has no berring, that continuing year after year to faithful purchase tickets with Falcons win or lose...(more losses)over them 23 years! Falcons fan reguardless

Nono likes this

I always loved the Georgia Dome. In my opinion it was the best designed dome in the NFL, at least of the ones I've been to. The fact that the concourse was open to the field, on the first level anyway, as I always sat in the lower level, was huge! You could always walk around, if you chose to, like taking a leak or grabbing something to drink and you wouldn't have to wait for the crowd to tell you what was happening. I hate watching football in a Dome, but if I had to the Ga. Dome would be my first choice.

This is all about the GREEN... Real fans don't matter anymore, and you can lay that all at the feet of Rodger Goodell, and in this case, with the help of Arthur Blank. But Goodell is the one that's perpatrating this madness, with the owners blessing, because it's making them Ultra Billionaires.

It'll never stop, until the fans (YOU & ME) put our foot down, and say enough is enough! Those of you that want to go ahead and believe this doc fellow, pretending NOT to be someone from the Falcons ticket office...be my guest, but you're simply being taken as a complete Dupe! What are you gonna do when you buy your 2 or 4 PSLs for $10,000.00 to $40,000.00 dollars on the low interest payment plan I'm sure they'll offer you, and you're still on the hook for the total amount, and you decide you want to get rid of them on the secondary market because it just isn't worth all that money to you, or you come under a financial hardship?

On the secondary market, you'll be lucky to get a quarter of what you paid. So who's gonna make up that difference you still owe the team? Rodger Goodell? Arthur Blank? YOU ARE!! And I'm not even talking about the cost of the actual game tickets!

I'm sure most of you are wondering..."WTF does a Bucs fan care about what WE have to pay to see OUR team". It's directly due to the fact that we are all fans of the same product, and what effects you today, will eventually effect me.

Believe me, if this was the Glazer boys doing this I'd be screaming from the rooftops down here about it. The Owners hate guys like me, but they're smart enough to know without guys like me and YOU....They're outta business!

I'm done with my PSL rant for the day.emot-airquote.gif

Jb, the owners have Goodell, the players have a union, sounds like you could lead up the season ticket holder!!!