165 replies to this topic

#1 xSICKxWITHxITx

xSICKxWITHxITx

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,274 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

Falcons owner Arthur Blank said it still bothers him that Atlanta's offensive linemen didn't go after Saints S Kenny Vaccaro when he laid a questionable hit on Matt Ryan in Week 1.
The Falcons have made it a priority to get tougher up front. They inked RG Jon Asamoah, a nasty run blocker with a mean streak, and re-signed C Joe Hawley, who gave the unit a backbone when he was inserted into the starting lineup. Atlanta could get even more ferocious by drafting Auburn OT Greg Robinson next month.
Source: Vaughn McClure on Twitter Apr 8 - 11:59 AM

#2 Romfal

Romfal

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,198 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:06 AM

yeah I thought that was ****** up too. If Harvey Dahl was out there he would have punched Vacarro in the face. **** I know I would have.

#3 4dabirds

4dabirds

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

That was inexcusable. Vacarro should have gotten some on field justice.

#4 F4LCON for Life

F4LCON for Life

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

Vaccaro is an overrated hack.  He's a dirty player on a dirty team, and he will be paid back ten fold for that crap.  Garbage players deserve garbage time on the bench, and we will RISE UP to Blank's call and put that dude where he belongs with a much needed cast on his dirty knee

#5 Herr Doktor

Herr Doktor

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:09 AM

Add Lewan as well and it would have been a blood bath.

#6 high impact

high impact

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

It is sad the Falcons have been on a down turn from 2009. The fight in them has been going downhill from this team. I have said before they show no heart. This needs to change fast.

#7 CraigSmackDaddy

CraigSmackDaddy

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

Still bothers me too... Someone should have lit dude up for it.  It was easy to see we were already missing McClure

#8 roman42

roman42

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

I've been mad bout that all year, to start the season with your hated rivals, and to let a punk rookie do that with no payback is pitiful, it set the tone of this O-line for the whole year.

#9 LotsaPoppa

LotsaPoppa

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

Wow!

What else did Arthur Blank say folks?

He said Matt Ryan should have shown some toughness instead of sliding. And that his sliding sent the wrong message to the rest of the team.

He also said he did not have a problem with Samuel Jackson calling him to the carpet for it. And that Samuel Jackson still has his same role with the team.

Edited by LotsaPoppa, 08 April 2014 - 11:16 AM.

#10 Romfal

Romfal

Pro Bowler

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,198 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

View Postroman42, on 08 April 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

I've been mad bout that all year, to start the season with your hated rivals, and to let a punk rookie do that with no payback is pitiful, it set the tone of this O-line for the whole year.

it sure did...

#11 uga706

uga706

Roster Player

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

Good, hopefully Blank makes TD go OL then. Our OL last year was too dang soft anyway and we need some nasty guys with nasty attitudes.

#12 Dirtyoldfan

Dirtyoldfan

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

I remember being po'd about that too.  Need to get some nastiness without stupid wrecklessness.

#13 ElDragon21

ElDragon21

Starting Lineup

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostMidget Death Squad, on 08 April 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Vaccaro is an overrated hack.  He's a dirty player on a dirty team, and he will be paid back ten fold for that crap.  Garbage players deserve garbage time on the bench, and we will RISE UP to Blank's call and put that dude where he belongs with a much needed cast on his dirty knee
I think he's a great player. I've watched him since his UT days. He's a beast. I was pissed when Saints drafted him tho!

#14 Falconguy

Falconguy

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:39 AM

hopefully the new O line & D line coach's can change there attitude

#15 Macintez

Macintez

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

As much as I want Mack for this defense, adding Robinson would make this O-line nasty, and this O-line is desperate for some nasty.

#16 Mr. Right

Mr. Right

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

View PostxSICKxWITHxITx, on 08 April 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

Falcons owner Arthur Blank said it still bothers him that Atlanta's offensive linemen didn't go after Saints S Kenny Vaccaro when he laid a questionable hit on Matt Ryan in Week 1.
The Falcons have made it a priority to get tougher up front. They inked RG Jon Asamoah, a nasty run blocker with a mean streak, and re-signed C Joe Hawley, who gave the unit a backbone when he was inserted into the starting lineup. Atlanta could get even more ferocious by drafting Auburn OT Greg Robinson next month.
Source: Vaughn McClure on Twitter Apr 8 - 11:59 AM
That's because our players don't respect Ryan.

#fact

Gonzalez said Ryan wasn't elite yet.  He could have very well just not commented.  Any other player would have said their QB was elite whether or not in actuality they were - if asked the quesiton.

#17 Mr. Right

Mr. Right

Veteran Falcon

• Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostLotsaPoppa, on 08 April 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

Wow!

What else did Arthur Blank say folks?

He said Matt Ryan should have shown some toughness instead of sliding. And that his sliding sent the wrong message to the rest of the team.

He also said he did not have a problem with Samuel Jackson calling him to the carpet for it. And that Samuel Jackson still has his same role with the team.
Worst part is Ryan said he'd slide again and agian if the same situation arose.

#18 LotsaPoppa

LotsaPoppa

Starting Lineup

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostMr. Right, on 08 April 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Worst part is Ryan said he'd slide again and agian if the same situation arose.

Wow! I did not know that. I think Ryan is getting out of control.

#19 Rob Ryan

Rob Ryan

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostMidget Death Squad, on 08 April 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

lol

#20 F4LCON for Life

F4LCON for Life

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostElDragon21, on 08 April 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

I think he's a great player. I've watched him since his UT days. He's a beast. I was pissed when Saints drafted him tho!

No I agree he is good, and I used to like him.  I'm just angry that he has fallen prey to their corrupting ways.  Rob Ryan may have replaced Williams, but the dirty tactics still live on.

Rise Up  #FFL

Edited by Midget Death Squad, 08 April 2014 - 11:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users