Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nole9782

What's The Plan At Safety?

68 posts in this topic

Clemons? Aging vet? I know we're not going to start a rookie...

Yes, because we never start rookies.

Well, except Tru.

And Alf.

And Bartu.

And Worrilow.

And Motta.

There would be nothing wrong with starting a rookie. I want a safety in the second or third round and sign a vet to come in. Let them compete in camp and may the best man win.

Well, except Tru.

And Alf.

And Bartu.

And Worrilow.

And Motta.

matt ryan

sam baker

etc etc

Well, except Tru.

And Alf.

And Bartu.

And Worrilow.

And Motta.

Yeah, and our defense was bad a** last year.

Oh wait. No, they were just bad.

You want to start Motta (who I actually like as a longterm depth kind of guy) or a rookie...be my guest. But, our streak of having never won a Super Bowl will probably continue.

The league is filled with players that start as rookies and have success no matter what round they are drafted in. That part ain't even worth discussing now that I think if it

Usama Young please

He was mentioned in another thread and he is very impressive. I like the guy a lot as a potential long-term impact player for us or somebody.

The league is filled with players that start as rookies and have success no matter what round they are drafted in. That part ain't even worth discussing now that I think if it

Can you tell me three teams that won Super Bowls with rookie starting safeties?

tell me how many teams haven't won a Super Bowl with overpriced veterans. I can start the list for you:

Atlanta falcons.

So if we can't start a rookie in your mind, then who do you want to play?

Yeah, and our defense was bad a** last year.

Oh wait. No, they were just bad.

You want to start Motta (who I actually like as a longterm depth kind of guy) or a rookie...be my guest. But, our streak of having never won a Super Bowl will probably continue.

You want to blame Tru and Worrilow for our bad D?

Did you watch any of our games last year?

tell me how many teams haven't won a Super Bowl with overpriced veterans

I'm trying to remember when I said I wanted to bring in somebody who was overpriced. Maybe you can show me.

I'm trying to remember when I said I wanted to bring in somebody who was overpriced. Maybe you can show me.

im trying to figure out where I said anything about a rookie safety helping a team win a Super Bowl, maybe you can show me that to.

well WHO do you wanna bring in then???

You want to blame Tru and Worrilow for our bad D?

Did you watch any of our games last year?

We could not have won a Super Bowl last year with Tru and Alford starting as rookie CBs. That is my position. Our bad D was for many reasons (obviously injuries number one). But try not to twist somebody's logic around because it really kills the conversation.

im trying to figure out where I said anything about a rookie safety helping a team win a Super Bowl, maybe you can show me that to.

I'm sorry. I assumed that you wanted the Falcons to win a Super Bowl. That might have been a terrible assumption on my part. I can see that now.My apologies.

We could not have won a Super Bowl last year with Tru and Alford starting as rookie CBs. That is my position. Our bad D was for many reasons (obviously injuries number one). But try not to twist somebody's logic around because it really kills the conversation.

you do realize Tru was the #7 rated cb in the entire league, right?
Stoic likes this

We most certainly could have won with Tru and Alf as our corners, had the rest of our D been good. I can't twist your logic because you have none, starting a Rookie safety means nothing towards the chance of us winning a SB based solely on the fact he's a rookie.

I'm sorry. I assumed that you wanted the Falcons to win a Super Bowl. That might have been a terrible assumption on my part. I can see that now.My apologies.

a **** safety alone ain't gone help this team win a super bowl

We most certainly could have won with Tru and Alf as our corners, had the rest of our D been good. I can't twist your logic because you have none, starting a Rookie safety means nothing towards the chance of us winning a SB based solely on the fact he's a rookie.

Cool. Then just name me three teams that have actually won Super Bowls with rookies starting at safety. That would really prove your point. Maybe you can do it