Jump to content





Crazy Jimmy Graham Theory!

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 falconfanEST1989

falconfanEST1989

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

Now this is just in theory, LOL but i wanna know what you guys think about a crazy idea.......   ok check it


The signing period for non-exclusive franchise players to sign with new clubs is March 3 through November 9 (10th week of the season).

so we go ahead with our draft this year ( May the 8th i think )   then BAM   we make an offer to Jimmy Graham.   Now i know whats about to be said.....

" are you stupid, thats two 1st round picks"  " he's not worth two 1st round picks"  blah Blah blah....  but if you think about it, its really 1 first round pick.

i think we could all agree that Jimmy would be a first round pick if he were drafted this year, probably a top 10 pick.  so next year Jimmy would really be our 1st round pick.   which would, more than likely, be a playoff pick 22-32. and who cares about 2016 draft pick if we get a ring outta the deal in the next 2 years!!!  

think of the JJ trade people said we gave up Two1st rounders, but we didnt he was one of those picks

so in 2015-16 we get any needs through free agency

we kill 2 birds with 1 stone,    we pry JG away from our most hated rival, and we add a killer piece to our trifecta  Julio Jones, Jimmy Graham, matt Ryan

The cap is projected to be 150 mill in 2016,


think of it like this we might lose "2" first round picks but we'll have "2" first round picks this year

#2 GTBF54

GTBF54

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:28 AM

I've already said I think it's possible that a team goes for him after the draft for the same reasons you have stated.........

#3 falconfanEST1989

falconfanEST1989

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

View PostGTBF54, on 13 March 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

I've already said I think it's possible that a team goes for him after the draft for the same reasons you have stated.........

heres hoping that team is us!!

#4 EZfalcons

EZfalcons

    Practice Squad

  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

I honestly would love it because I know 1 we get one of the best if not the best tight end in the game that will help us not miss a beat with the retirement of tony g and 2 we cripple the saints. The only thing that scares me is the deal jimmy wants

#5 4dabirds

4dabirds

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,427 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

New Orleans would never let an in his prime Jimmy Graham go to the Falcons, no matter what kind of scenario/theory. N.O. would trash the roster just to keep that from happening.

It would be a giant slap to the face of the Taints, and I would love it. Not going to happen.

#6 falconfanEST1989

falconfanEST1989

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostEZfalcons, on 13 March 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

I honestly would love it because I know 1 we get one of the best if not the best tight end in the game that will help us not miss a beat with the retirement of tony g and 2 we cripple the saints. The only thing that scares me is the deal jimmy wants

150 million cap by 2016  ive seen some crazy sh!t this free agent period that i have no respect in the "salary Cap' anymore

#7 falconfanEST1989

falconfanEST1989

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

View Post4dabirds, on 13 March 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

New Orleans would never let an in his prime Jimmy Graham go to the Falcons, no matter what kind of scenario/theory. N.O. would trash the roster just to keep that from happening.

It would be a giant slap to the face of the Taints, and I would love it. Not going to happen.
well at least we play apart in dealing the Aints a blow to their roster for the future

#8 ICD

ICD

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

My big question is what type of contract does he want. I've heard that he wants more than gronk which is hard. 6 year 54m. We could easily make that happen especially with cap moving the way it is.

#9 Rajhae Battle

Rajhae Battle

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

I wouldn't want to give up a first round pick for Graham. I'm not saying he isn't worth it,but offensive weapons is not our problem,we have to improve in the trenches,both sides,if we can protect the passer & rush the passer with success then we would probably be surprised at how well the talent we have will perform.I like JG ,but giving up 1st rounders,I say no

Edited by Rajhae Battle, 13 March 2014 - 09:48 AM.


#10 tnfalcon8

tnfalcon8

    Roster Player

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:50 AM

This board is obsessed with Graham.

#11 GTBF54

GTBF54

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

I really see the Pats doing this before us and I hope they do.........

#12 SavvyFalcon89

SavvyFalcon89

    Starting Lineup

  • Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

Posted Image

#13 shockerfalcon

shockerfalcon

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

Nice theory but no thanks too much to pay to a TE no player and I mean no player is worth 2 #1

#14 falconfanEST1989

falconfanEST1989

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:59 AM

View Postshockerfalcon, on 13 March 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

Nice theory but no thanks too much to pay to a TE no player and I mean no player is worth 2 #1

Was Julio???

#15 The Legendary SB

The Legendary SB

    AFMB Hall of Fame

  • Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,683 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

Posted Image

#16 AtlantaFalconPokerPro

AtlantaFalconPokerPro

    Veteran Falcon

  • Pure Football
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

View PostfalconfanEST1989, on 13 March 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

150 million cap by 2016  ive seen some crazy sh!t this free agent period that i have no respect in the "salary Cap' anymore

You don't have to look very far to see what happens when you carry too much dead money, or push cap money into future years. I'm glad we have  a GM that is going to keep us fluid. Unlike some teams, TD has a plan now for how he'll sign Julio rather than worrying about it at the last minute. Most teams have to use their franchise tag because they didn't have the room to make a move and had to wait until the last minute. TD doesn't put this franchise into those situations.

The Saints have over 40 million, almost 1/3 of their cap invested in 3 players. yeah, they'll be fine this year but you can only push so many contracts into future years. I think Brees will have a 40 million cap hit in 15 and 16, at a point when they'll probably be looking for another QB. The Saints may have boosted their chances this year, they are also making their future a lot more difficult. Because of the way TD manages the cap, we'll be fliud.

#17 falconfanEST1989

falconfanEST1989

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

View PostAtlantaFalconPokerPro, on 13 March 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:


You don't have to look very far to see what happens when you carry too much dead money, or push cap money into future years. I'm glad we have  a GM that is going to keep us fluid. Unlike some teams, TD has a plan now for how he'll sign Julio rather than worrying about it at the last minute. Most teams have to use their franchise tag because they didn't have the room to make a move and had to wait until the last minute. TD doesn't put this franchise into those situations.

The Saints have over 40 million, almost 1/3 of their cap invested in 3 players. yeah, they'll be fine this year but you can only push so many contracts into future years. I think Brees will have a 40 million cap hit in 15 and 16, at a point when they'll probably be looking for another QB. The Saints may have boosted their chances this year, they are also making their future a lot more difficult. Because of the way TD manages the cap, we'll be fliud.


but at the end of the day, if they win another Superbowl................

#18 Objective Critic

Objective Critic

    Starting Lineup

  • Banned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

View PostfalconfanEST1989, on 13 March 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

Now this is just in theory, LOL but i wanna know what you guys think about a crazy idea.......   ok check it


The signing period for non-exclusive franchise players to sign with new clubs is March 3 through November 9 (10th week of the season).

so we go ahead with our draft this year ( May the 8th i think )   then BAM   we make an offer to Jimmy Graham.   Now i know whats about to be said.....

" are you stupid, thats two 1st round picks"  " he's not worth two 1st round picks"  blah Blah blah....  but if you think about it, its really 1 first round pick.

i think we could all agree that Jimmy would be a first round pick if he were drafted this year, probably a top 10 pick.  so next year Jimmy would really be our 1st round pick.   which would, more than likely, be a playoff pick 22-32. and who cares about 2016 draft pick if we get a ring outta the deal in the next 2 years!!!  

think of the JJ trade people said we gave up Two1st rounders, but we didnt he was one of those picks

so in 2015-16 we get any needs through free agency

we kill 2 birds with 1 stone, we pry JG away from our most hated rival, and we add a killer piece to our trifecta  Julio Jones, Jimmy Graham, matt Ryan

The cap is projected to be 150 mill in 2016,


think of it like this we might lose "2" first round picks but we'll have "2" first round picks this year

Playoff picks 22-32 is not any less of a first round draft pick. Do you think the first round only includes picks 1-10? Second of all, Jimmy is not much of a blocker which the Falcons need the most on offense. How is it going to help Ryan if he is still going to be flat on his back, unable to have the time for Graham to use his talents downfield?

First priority should be getting Ryan the blockers he needs to give him time to make his progressions and have the Rbs to have holes to run through. Do that first and THEN we can talk about adding new receivers.

#19 Grim Shady

Grim Shady

    Practice Squad

  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostAtlantaFalconPokerPro, on 13 March 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:


You don't have to look very far to see what happens when you carry too much dead money, or push cap money into future years. I'm glad we have  a GM that is going to keep us fluid. Unlike some teams, TD has a plan now for how he'll sign Julio rather than worrying about it at the last minute. Most teams have to use their franchise tag because they didn't have the room to make a move and had to wait until the last minute. TD doesn't put this franchise into those situations.

The Saints have over 40 million, almost 1/3 of their cap invested in 3 players. yeah, they'll be fine this year but you can only push so many contracts into future years. I think Brees will have a 40 million cap hit in 15 and 16, at a point when they'll probably be looking for another QB. The Saints may have boosted their chances this year, they are also making their future a lot more difficult. Because of the way TD manages the cap, we'll be fliud.

Wait, did someone on these boards just say something positive about TD??? Just joking.  You make a really good point.  The poor money management has cripples more that one team in the league.

#20 4dabirds

4dabirds

    Starting Lineup

  • Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,427 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostfalconfanEST1989, on 13 March 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

Was Julio???

We swapped our #1 pick and gave another. Not exactly the same thing.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users